Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
can i use my amex gcs to pay my credit card bills? Thanks never tried this
No, you can't, because you can't set a pin # with an AMEX GC.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
No, because you can't pay CC bills with Evolve is the right answer as well.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:15 pm

I've been in the process of paying off my WF mortgage with $200 Metabank Visas from Staples and briefly forgot about the 5-10 minute rule. I got the error message regarding duplicate payments so no payment was actually made. I then went to the gift card website and it looks like it was processed as a signature purchase that's pending, and the balance is now 0. Is this the "pre-auth" hold referred to in the Wiki? Should I do anything now or just wait 7-10 days for the charge to fall off and try again?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by MariaSangria
Save5April code good through 4/21.

http://t.co/cJffARoxP8
thanks for the reminder. just contributed to my 2014 traditional IRA just to take advantage of that $5 offer. lol
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've been in the process of paying off my WF mortgage with $200 Metabank Visas from Staples and briefly forgot about the 5-10 minute rule. I got the error message regarding duplicate payments so no payment was actually made. I then went to the gift card website and it looks like it was processed as a signature purchase that's pending, and the balance is now 0. Is this the "pre-auth" hold referred to in the Wiki? Should I do anything now or just wait 7-10 days for the charge to fall off and try again?
Just wait.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:41 pm

Has anyone tried paying PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union)? I cannot see them on the list.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA, USAir
Originally Posted by commdiver
Has anyone tried paying PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union)? I cannot see them on the list.
I was looking for the same. My primary mortgage is through them and it would be a godsend.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by jimbaum
I was looking for the same. My primary mortgage is through them and it would be a godsend.
I'll send Evolve a message. PenFed's rates are awesome, just wish they were MSable
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:50 am

So far, I've paid a car loan, utility payment, and a mortgage payment with no problems, as long as I wait more than five minutes (I wait ten) between gift card entries. Really happy with Evolve so far.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum Jet Blue Mosaic
I've e-mailed EVOLVE twice about adding PenFed.

All I got was a canned (silly) response.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AA PLT
What are the chances they're waiting to fix the US Bank MCs until the April promo expires?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by chipcollector
I've e-mailed EVOLVE twice about adding PenFed.

All I got was a canned (silly) response.
Lame...Have you found any other way to pay PenFed?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by linglingfool
What are the chances they're waiting to fix the US Bank MCs until the April promo expires?
You can use the promo with no card. Pay a $5 bill using the promo code.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:37 am

I have 2 loans from Wells Fargo, and at tax day, I used the $5 discount to pay each 5 bucks, interesting thing is both payments goes to one of the loan.

I am sure all the accounts are set up correctly, below is what happened to me:
1) I have 2 loans, and I set up 3 evolvmoney account, all are tested with $1 payment.
2) For first loan, paid at Apr 7 with 2 accounts with total 1500+, it arrived WellsFargo and showed as payment (not principle).
3) For the 2nd loan, paid at 4/10(5 payments with 3 evolvmoney accounts), all were successful at evolvmoney side. However, as of 4/17, I could only see 2 of them. 4/18, 1 more showed up, 4/19, another 1 showed up. Now I am still waiting for the last $500. The strange thing is all the 4 received showed 4/14 in WellsFargo, and I have no idea why they didn't show up at 4/14.

The take away is the Evolvemoney->Wells Fargo is not stable, be careful.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ericeirc
I have 2 loans from Wells Fargo, and at tax day, I used the $5 discount to pay each 5 bucks, interesting thing is both payments goes to one of the loan.

I am sure all the accounts are set up correctly, below is what happened to me:
1) I have 2 loans, and I set up 3 evolvmoney account, all are tested with $1 payment.
2) For first loan, paid at Apr 7 with 2 accounts with total 1500+, it arrived WellsFargo and showed as payment (not principle).
3) For the 2nd loan, paid at 4/10(5 payments with 3 evolvmoney accounts), all were successful at evolvmoney side. However, as of 4/17, I could only see 2 of them. 4/18, 1 more showed up, 4/19, another 1 showed up. Now I am still waiting for the last $500. The strange thing is all the 4 received showed 4/14 in WellsFargo, and I have no idea why they didn't show up at 4/14.

The take away is the Evolvemoney->Wells Fargo is not stable, be careful.
So long story short, be prepared to make a last minute payment from your bank account if the Evolve WF pmts don't make it, are mis-classified as principle, etc...

I'm going to try this on May 1st. Will be a pain w/ 5 different $500 payments but we'll see what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.