Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:48 pm

Just a data point on the MC debit card issue. I successfully used a univision on Evolve today, no problems, no error codes. No sure if their entire MC issue is resolved or if it is just certain MC cards that are producing the error.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by WhiteRoom
Just a data point on the MC debit card issue. I successfully used a univision on Evolve today, no problems, no error codes. No sure if their entire MC issue is resolved or if it is just certain MC cards that are producing the error.
Just tried, $200 MC from Staples still not working.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:55 pm

Had two payments clear today. One to my life ins company and one to my mortgage company. Paid with GC.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT
US Bank MC still not working for me.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:00 am

US Bank MC still not working. Used a VGC and it worked. MC info provided to Evolve last week. To help others, may I suggest that the wiki be updated to reflect that some MC GCs (Univision, US Bank) may not be accepted? If EM fixes the problem, then the wiki can be updated.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Aleriem
US Bank MC still not working. Used a VGC and it worked. MC info provided to Evolve last week. To help others, may I suggest that the wiki be updated to reflect that some MC GCs (Univision, US Bank) may not be accepted? If EM fixes the problem, then the wiki can be updated.
Quote from EvolveMoney support via email a moment ago:

"We are currently having problems accepting certain types of gift cards. We are committed to providing our customers the ability to pay their bills with gift cards and are working hard to resolve the issues. If you could please supply us with information about your card including the name of the gift card, whether it's VISA or MasterCard, where you purchased it, the first 6 digits of the card number (not the full card number) and if possible the name of the bank issuing it (usually found on the back of the card). This information will help us resolve the issue as fast as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience and will work as quickly as possible to resolve this to allow you to continue to use Evolve Money for your bill pay needs."
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
They posted that in this thread as well.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
They posted that in this thread as well.
Good. See it in the Wiki now. Did not before. Maybe my 46 year old eyes need readers?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I definitely wonder if some gift card providers are unhappy that their cards are getting used on Evolve.

Breakage is much lower, percentage of fees is much lower (since most of us load to the max), float (not that it matters much these days) is much shorter.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Deleted.

Last edited by cdancer20; Apr 15, 2014 at 2:14 pm
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, Marriot Plat
New $5 code, good only tonight (April 15, 11:59pm PDT) taxday2014
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by awkwardflyer
Thanks for the tip. Earned $10 with my two accounts.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:27 pm

Thanks for posting
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:28 pm

Same US bank MC not working
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:29 pm

Good got $10 from 2 promo codes this month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.