Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Can you use OneVanilla cards on Evolve?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by SR99
No need to register. I got Visa and master gift card from staples, safeway, CVS. And I paid through evolve without registration.
Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by particlemn
Just make a small partial payment like 10 to any payee and get the 5 free.
true. Just a tiny bit of an inconvenience since it's off my normal schedule. In actuality, I will just pay my HOA fee a month in advance. Don't want any partial payments lingering and causing confusion.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Someone stated on the last page that Evolve is aware of the problem with the MC and is working to fix it.
They haven't fix the problem yet...
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Figures the one time I was forced to buy an MC instead of a Visa was when I was planning on using Evolve.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:25 pm

Issue with Evolve Money & Some Gift Cards

I wanted to give a quick update on the gift card issues you are seeing with Evolve Money. The issue is with certain types of gift cards. We are committed to providing our customers the ability to pay their bills with gift cards and are working hard to resolve the issues.

We welcome any feedback from forum members which could help us resolve the situation faster. If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com with information about your card including the name of the gift card, whether it’s VISA or MasterCard, where you purchased it, the first 6 digits of the card number (please don't send the full card number) and if possible the name of the bank issuing it (usually found on the back of the card). This information will help us resolve the issue as fast as possible.

We'll post regular updates as we work through the problem.

Thank you
Alex @ Evolve Money
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:44 pm

U.s.Bank Mc

Originally Posted by AlexAtEvolveMoney
I wanted to give a quick update on the gift card issues you are seeing with Evolve Money. The issue is with certain types of gift cards. We are committed to providing our customers the ability to pay their bills with gift cards and are working hard to resolve the issues.

We welcome any feedback from forum members which could help us resolve the situation faster. If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com with information about your card including the name of the gift card, whether it’s VISA or MasterCard, where you purchased it, the first 6 digits of the card number (please don't send the full card number) and if possible the name of the bank issuing it (usually found on the back of the card). This information will help us resolve the issue as fast as possible.

Thank you
Alex @ Evolve Money
U.S.Bank Gift MC $100 does not work
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT

Thank you
Alex @ Evolve Money
Welcome Alex! Thanks for taking time to engage us through FlyerTalk, it's always great to see companies being proactive with their customer service.

Also, check your email.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by yoshapman
Can you use OneVanilla cards on Evolve?
Anyone know?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Anyone know?
As has been mentioned a few times in the thread (eg post 633) yes, they work.

(And what's the harm of trying this kind of thing yourself if you need to know, worst that can happen is that the charge doesn't go through = no harm done)
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by silver6054
As has been mentioned a few times in the thread (eg post 633) yes, they work.

(And what's the harm of trying this kind of thing yourself if you need to know, worst that can happen is that the charge doesn't go through = no harm done)
Last preauth that failed for me took 30 days to drop off. Annoying to have to sit on a card that long.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:26 pm

Thank you
Alex @ Evolve Money
US Bank $200 MC does not work this morning
Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by nrdk
Last preauth that failed for me took 30 days to drop off. Annoying to have to sit on a card that long.
Right but if the card really doesn't work (like Amex gift card) you don't get a pre-auth.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:48 pm

A data point on Sallie Mae Student Loans...

I sent a test payment to "Sallie Mae" using my 10 digit account number and the payment posted properly in two days.

FF
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:04 pm

Evolve not working MC gc 4-11-14

Thank you
Alex @ Evolve Money
As of 3 pm eastern on 4-11-14, evolve money is not accepting a $500 MC gc. This glitch is now 2 days old. Alex, when do you anticipate this problem being fixed. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.