Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Any word on visa gift cards?
Nobody that I know has had problems with Visa, are you?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:51 am

No issues with a Visa and the promo code, other than that this was an old one that got denied (too quick on the bill pays to same payee) over a month ago and finally got cleared up from the hold after 30 days.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by AveApostle
PROMO CODE

free money from evolve is here: use code SAVE5APRIL to get $5 off your bill pay. worked for me once (so far) on my first ever BP with them.

Via their Twitterz:
https://twitter.com/EvolveMoney
Thanks ^
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Quick Question:

I know that Visa/Mastercard gift cards allow you to register the card with name & address for online purchases, but some companies including Comcast will allow you to use the card without doing this extra step. Do most people preregister their cards when using Evolve?

I just registered for my first payment with them because I didn't want the charge to be reversed, but if I don't have too then this will save time and reduce who has all of my personal information.

Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by deaconx31
evolve customer support got back to me and told me that my MC gift cards are no longer being recognized as debit, even with a pin set. This would be a bummer.
I'm hearing the MC GCs are allowed and Evolve is working to fix the glitch that is preventing them from working right now.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
So who here got payment #100000?

Thanks for posting the code above - FYI, once per bill.
did you pay multiple bills at once and use the code? or did you pay one at a time and use the code?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by particlemn
did you pay multiple bills at once and use the code? or did you pay one at a time and use the code?
Tried to pay the same mortgage from my account, and also from my wife's account. It dinged me on the second payment.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by CherylD
Has anyone paid a lower amount than is on the prepaid card? For instance, the bill is $70, the prepaid has $100.
I am a bit leery after last month. I had a $21 card that was pre-authorized by Evolve - but it didn't go through. The card now has $0 balance. I have been back and forth with Staples still hoping to get the money reinstated.
Thanks!
Wouldn't you need to go through Evolve Money instead of Staples since Evolve is the company that placed the pre-authorization on your debit card? I am interested in the answer because I have a similar problem; the pre-authorization has not fallen off and it has been more than a week.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Joe1690
Quick Question:

I know that Visa/Mastercard gift cards allow you to register the card with name & address for online purchases, but some companies including Comcast will allow you to use the card without doing this extra step. Do most people preregister their cards when using Evolve?

I just registered for my first payment with them because I didn't want the charge to be reversed, but if I don't have too then this will save time and reduce who has all of my personal information.

Thanks.
No need to register. I got Visa and master gift card from staples, safeway, CVS. And I paid through evolve without registration.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Tried to pay the same mortgage from my account, and also from my wife's account. It dinged me on the second payment.
Wait for about 5 minutes for each payment even when you pay the same bill, but from different account.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by CherylD
Has anyone paid a lower amount than is on the prepaid card? For instance, the bill is $70, the prepaid has $100.
I am a bit leery after last month. I had a $21 card that was pre-authorized by Evolve - but it didn't go through. The card now has $0 balance. I have been back and forth with Staples still hoping to get the money reinstated.
Thanks!
Don't panic and waste time calling around. Just wait for about 10 days. The pre-authorization would disappear from your card automatically.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SR99
Wait for about 5 minutes for each payment even when you pay the same bill, but from different account.
Roger that. That was definitely not the relevant issue.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Has anyone been successful with a miles earning debit card? i.e. BofA Alaska Air?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:55 pm

Some tips when using evolve money.
I used evolve money to pay my mortgage for the past few months and it works great for me. It's a great tool to liquidate the $100 gift card.

1. No need to register your card. So save you some extra work to pre-register the card.
2. If you pay the same bill in the same amount again and again, wait at least five minutes between each payment.
3. If for some reason, the transaction doesn't go through, your debit card would have some pre-authorization charge and you can't use your card temporary because your card balance would be 0 due to the some pre-authorization charge. Don't panic and waste your time calling around. Just mark your card and put it aside. Wait for a week or 10 days. And the pre-authorization charge would fall off automatically. Based on my experience, it took about 10 days for one vanilla visa and 1 week for staples visa for the some pre-authorization charge to go off.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
$5 off promo for a payment.

Redeeming the code is a snap. Log in to your account at www.evolvemoney.com from your computer or mobile device. If you don’t have an account, just choose “Sign Up” from the main page and create a User Profile.
› Choose as many bills as you would like to pay and select “Submit Payments”
› On the checkout screen, select your payment method (card or cash) and in
the Promo Code box enter the code below and choose “Apply”.
Save5april
› Submit your payments and automatically receive $5 off your bill.
› This Promo Code is valid for one-time use and expires on Apr. 21, 2014
at 11:59 pm PDT. Evolve Money reserves the right to alter or cancel this
promotion at any time.
There will be many more promo codes throughout the year.
Be sure to Like, Follow and Circle us for details.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.