Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by libbrichus
Can someone share their experience using Evolve for paying Sallie Mae student loans. I need to pay my entire remaining balance of about 20 to 30k and was wondering what kind of glitches there might be in using multiple $500 cards to do this.
Haven't tried it, but read this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-payments.html
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by brandy24
Under Target, Sears, and a few others I think, there is a message that says "Do NOT use this biller to submit credit card payments." The category listed is Retail Store Card. For what purpose would one send Target money if not to pay off their store credit card?
I always assumed that referred to store charge cards, i.e. cards that can only be used at the issuing stores. Banana Republic (famously) has both a store charge card and a co-branded credit card. I think Evolve is saying you can pay the former, but not the latter. I don't do store credit so can't speak to it personally, happy to be corrected.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:39 pm

i've only had one store card, Macy's, and the way they had it setup was 2 credit accounts, one for the charge card and the other the visa card portion.

One time i paid one account and not the other, and i had to call in the get the payment transferred.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by sgideons
I always assumed that referred to store charge cards, i.e. cards that can only be used at the issuing stores. Banana Republic (famously) has both a store charge card and a co-branded credit card. I think Evolve is saying you can pay the former, but not the latter. I don't do store credit so can't speak to it personally, happy to be corrected.
You are correct. Evolve confirmed that you can pay a Target card bill as long as it doesn't have a credit card component (e.g., a Visa/Mastercard insignia).
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by stealph
If you have a USAA car loan, you can also pay that w/ Evolve.
While I can pay Auto/Property with CC. the only options USAA gives me for car payment is checking/savings.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Does anybody remember the name of that company/website that was on here in the first few pages promoting the ability to pay bills with just about any card for a ridiculous fee? Page got moved and I can't find it.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Barry331
Does anybody remember the name of that company/website that was on here in the first few pages promoting the ability to pay bills with just about any card for a ridiculous fee? Page got moved and I can't find it.
Chargesmart
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:54 am

One more data point for Chase mortgage people - and it lines up what other people did. Last month, I did 2 accounts before/after midnight on a weekend and got screwed. This month, I did 3 accounts one day - and all payments hit on the same day and it auto adjusted itself - so that will be the new key. Do them all the same day.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by horseymen
One more data point for Chase mortgage people - and it lines up what other people did. Last month, I did 2 accounts before/after midnight on a weekend and got screwed. This month, I did 3 accounts one day - and all payments hit on the same day and it auto adjusted itself - so that will be the new key. Do them all the same day.
Hmm, I wonder if you just got unlucky. I did two payments across two days (999 and xxx) from the same account and it all rectified just fine on its own, properly applied to P&I at Chase.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
deleted
Old Apr 6, 2014, 5:19 pm

Sallie Mae multiple individual loans

I didn't see this specific question addressed before. Does anyone know if you can pay Sallie Mae and direct the payment to specific sub loans under the account number? I have the 10 digit SM number and about a dozen sub loans under the account number. The sub loans have an indicator such as 1-02 assigned to each. Each sub-loan has a different interest rate so I want to pay the principal of the highest ones first. Can I include a note or a memo with the payment? Can I make the account number XXXXXXXXXX102 to make it go to loan 1-02?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by WhiteRoom
Update for this month. Paid WF mortgage via Evolve on 3/31 and 4/1. The payments from 3/31 hit on 4/1 and went into unapplied funds. The first payment from 4/1 hit on 4/2 and went into unapplied funds. When the second payment from 4/1 hit, it was applied directly to my payment due, and then they unwound the unapplied funds and applied that to my payment due. All automatic and all immediate, unlike my first attempt. Looks like the "work order" that the CSR talked about kicked in. From my standpoint, once you have them prepared for your new payment method, it doesn't look like you have to use multiple accounts in order to pay all on one day (although that works too according to other posts here).
So paying after the "due date" is fine? I just paid $21 (from a rebate card) for a bill due 5/1 and the funds got applied to principal. Paying anytime before the late fee and they don't mind? I hate making late payments. (Though my property taxes are "due" 2/1 but not "delinquent" until after 4/10 and I've always paid that in April...)

Edit: Also, has anyone used this for AAA Insurance in SoCal? The two options are: "AAA Southern California Insurance Auto Watercraft" and "AAA Southern California Insurance 2." I assume I'd use the former for my car insurance but I have no idea which to use for my homeowners/earthquake. I guess I can be a guinea pig if no one does it by August when my bills are due.

Last edited by penner42; Apr 6, 2014 at 8:20 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by kilbornr
I didn't see this specific question addressed before. Does anyone know if you can pay Sallie Mae and direct the payment to specific sub loans under the account number? I have the 10 digit SM number and about a dozen sub loans under the account number. The sub loans have an indicator such as 1-02 assigned to each. Each sub-loan has a different interest rate so I want to pay the principal of the highest ones first. Can I include a note or a memo with the payment? Can I make the account number XXXXXXXXXX102 to make it go to loan 1-02?
How are you paying it now? If you are paying out of your bank account using the logic similar to what you described above, it will probably get posted in the same way. You can always try to send a small test payment first.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
So paying after the "due date" is fine? I just paid $21 (from a rebate card) for a bill due 5/1 and the funds got applied to principal. Paying anytime before the late fee and they don't mind? I hate making late payments. (Though my property taxes are "due" 2/1 but not "delinquent" until after 4/10 and I've always paid that in April...)

Edit: Also, has anyone used this for AAA Insurance in SoCal? The two options are: "AAA Southern California Insurance Auto Watercraft" and "AAA Southern California Insurance 2." I assume I'd use the former for my car insurance but I have no idea which to use for my homeowners/earthquake. I guess I can be a guinea pig if no one does it by August when my bills are due.
WF was pretty clear when we originally set up our ACH years ago that payment was due on the 1st but there was no fee until after the 15th. In fact, they suggested setting up the ACH for the 7th of each month as I recall. If you go back in this thread to post #558 and read for a bit, someone tries to address when your bill becomes "current" - which effects whether your payment will be held as unapplied funds or will be applied to principal. I haven't really wanted to figure that one out, so I just wait until the 1st to pay as I know at that point my bill is "current". WF is actually getting their money sooner now than when we ACH'd.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver
How are you paying it now? If you are paying out of your bank account using the logic similar to what you described above, it will probably get posted in the same way. You can always try to send a small test payment first.
Currently, I pay through Sallie Mae's website. On the website I had them divide up the loans by interest rate so I can make separate payments for each block of interest rates. All blocks remain under a single account number though. I'll do a test and report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.