Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by jyx
From my experiences with WF mortgage, it appears that you need to make the full payment at once or in installments before they apply the funds. In other words, you may see your payments applied to your account once the total amount is greater than the monthly payment.
this is correct; they hold the partial payments as unapplied till the entire amount comes in. ^
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by oohaahouch
this is correct; they hold the partial payments as unapplied till the entire amount comes in. ^
So, to be clear, the test payments are applied to my account as additional principal. If I were to send in the full payment over several more transactions, it would get applied to my regular monthly payment and not additional principal payments?

Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by scocjo
So, to be clear, the test payments are applied to my account as additional principal. If I were to send in the full payment over several more transactions, it would get applied to my regular monthly payment and not additional principal payments?

Thanks for the help.
if you have paid current payment - any payment u make will be applied to principal

if you have not paid current payment - partial payments will be held till they add up to monthly payment; once it hits monthly payment, it will be applied to MP then any overage goes to principal.

hope this helps/clarifies
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:56 am

if you have paid current payment - any payment u make will be applied to principal

if you have not paid current payment - partial payments will be held till they add up to monthly payment; once it hits monthly payment, it will be applied to MP then any overage goes to principal.

hope this helps/clarifies
Thanks for the help.

This may be a silly question, but do you know what date is the cutoff for a "current payment" for Wells Fargo? My payment currently gets auto-paid on the 1st of the month. Should I move that back so I can use Evolve, or can I pay the mortgage on say the 25th thru evolve?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:11 am

Thanks for the help.

This may be a silly question, but do you know what date is the cutoff for a "current payment" for Wells Fargo? My payment currently gets auto-paid on the 1st of the month. Should I move that back so I can use Evolve, or can I pay the mortgage on say the 25th thru evolve?
check your a/c online, next payment due on - ?
if it is 5/1 - anything you pay now till 4/10 will go to principal, anything after 4/10 - will keep getting held up till it hits min pmnt.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:24 am

check your a/c online, next payment due on - ?
if it is 5/1 - anything you pay now till 4/10 will go to principal, anything after 4/10 - will keep getting held up till it hits min pmnt.
Hmm, that's odd. My next payment is due on 4/1. So shouldn't my test payments have gone to unapplied funds since they were just received on 3/14?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:34 am

Hmm, that's odd. My next payment is due on 4/1. So shouldn't my test payments have gone to unapplied funds since they were just received on 3/14?
Not if your regular payment has already kicked in last few days, my wf mortgage payments take a couple of days to post.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Curious that the only Wells Fargo Home Mortgage accounts that can be paid are those whose account numbers begin with 116.
Mine has worked for two months...does not start with 116...If you run into problems adding the account # just contact their support.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by stealph
Mine has worked for two months...does not start with 116...If you run into problems adding the account # just contact their support.
same here, doesnt start with 116, worked without contacting them. ^
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by stealph
Same here - the 116 issue has not been an issue for me.

My only issue is getting the payments to show up as unapplied funds rather than principle. But...have some new tricks to try.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:48 pm

same here, doesnt start with 116, worked without contacting them. ^
Contacted evolve support about this. They said notes on evolve site are out of date and that this 116 restriction does not apply any more.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weird thing happened today when I tried to pay a bill on Evolve. I went in to my account, clicked on a "standard" payment I'd made last month to my electric company, and they wanted to add a $1.50 "standard fee" to the amount. I looked at the home page and it said bill pay was still free. So I went back to the bill pay function, entered the electric company as a new payee, and this time no fee came up.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:46 pm

Is Evolve a PITA?

Last edited by ericdabbs; Mar 17, 2014 at 8:00 pm
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Weird thing happened today when I tried to pay a bill on Evolve. I went in to my account, clicked on a "standard" payment I'd made last month to my electric company, and they wanted to add a $1.50 "standard fee" to the amount. I looked at the home page and it said bill pay was still free. So I went back to the bill pay function, entered the electric company as a new payee, and this time no fee came up.
I do not even have an option for standard/express, strange. All payments went ahead without the $1.50 showing up at all.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:17 pm

I'll offer up some Wells Fargo/Evolve info. My mortgage is due on the 1st, late charge hits on the 16th. We had always ACH'd out of our checking on the 7th. I paid via Evolve for the first time in March, over the first weekend (two payments each day). All four payments arrived on Monday the 3rd and were put into unapplied funds even though they added to exactly the payment. They sat in unapplied funds for three days before I called to see what was up (so I could cancel the ACH). The CSR told me that they would put in a "work order" to move them from unapplied funds to payment (that happened about five days later) and that they would also put in a "work order" to have this happen automatically in the future. We will see if that happens or not. I don't believe there is any point in the weekend payments - everything goes into unapplied funds given Evolve's limit (unless you have a sub $1000 mortgage and a debit card with that much $ on it). The one thing I don't quite understand is people's comments about payments going to principal if you make them prior to the due date - but to be safe I am going to continue to make Evolve payments on the 1st and 2nd of every month then hopefully the move from unapplied funds to payment will be automatic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.