Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
...and, be prepared for your money to be held for 6 months while they "investigate", because we know, they all investigate when things don't go their way:
Limitations on Closing Your Account. You may not close your Account to evade an investigation. If you attempt to close your Account while we are conducting an investigation, we may hold your funds for up to 180 Days to protect PreCash, its affiliates, or a third party against the risk of Reversals, Chargebacks, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
...and, be prepared for your money to be held for 6 months while they "investigate", because we know, they all investigate when things don't go their way:
Limitations on Closing Your Account. You may not close your Account to evade an investigation. If you attempt to close your Account while we are conducting an investigation, we may hold your funds for up to 180 Days to protect PreCash, its affiliates, or a third party against the risk of Reversals, Chargebacks, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability.
Yes, but at first glance, there is no way to churn this. Its just a good way to pay loans and mortgages with debit cards. There should be no reason to come under investigation.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cashback
Yes, but at first glance, there is no way to churn this. Its just a good way to pay loans and mortgages with debit cards. There should be no reason to come under investigation.
hahahahaha
Under what guise do companies shut folks down?
Restricted Activities

In connection with your use of our Service, your Account, the PreCash Services, or in the course of your interactions with PreCash, other Users, or third parties, you will not:
a. b. c....
f.Send or receive what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds;

Problems just waiting to happen in 3, 2, 1...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
hahahahaha
Under what guise do companies shut folks down?
Restricted Activities

In connection with your use of our Service, your Account, the PreCash Services, or in the course of your interactions with PreCash, other Users, or third parties, you will not:
a. b. c....
f.Send or receive what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds;

Problems just waiting to happen in 3, 2, 1...
Ok then don't use them. Similar text is in pretty much all T&C's. If any bank, CC, prepaid card, etc. suspects fraudulent activity, they will shut you down.

Also, in the above text it states they will hold your money for 180 days "If you attempt to close your Account while we are conducting an investigation." I like how you "forgot" to bold that part.

Last edited by cashback; Jan 14, 2014 at 9:33 pm
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:35 pm

$1000/day limit. Midnight to midnight PST.
Oops, my mortgage is more than $1000. How do I pay it?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
Oops, my mortgage is more than $1000. How do I pay it?
Over as money days as it takes.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
I was already shutdown. And they removed my payee Time before they introduced debit card payments.
Did not last long for me.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
I was already shutdown. And they removed my payee Time before they introduced debit card payments.
Did not last long for me.
What were you paying? How much/often?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
What were you paying? How much/often?
my bank
2k in total. 3 payments or so...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:46 pm

Over as money days as it takes.
Sorry? What do you mean?

my bank
Makes sense then. Thanks for the info.

my bank
What bank?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Thanks, OP! Looks good for paying an installment loan and a power bill using PP.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
Sorry? What do you mean?
If your mortgage is $1500. Pay $1000 one day and $500 the next.

If your mortgage is $2500. Pay $1000 one day, $1000 the next, and $500 the next.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:01 pm

If your mortgage is $1500. Pay $1000 one day and $500 the next.

If your mortgage is $2500. Pay $1000 one day, $1000 the next, and $500 the next.
But won't they apply all $1000 into principal only because it's less than minimum due?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.