Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Well if absolutely nothing else this let's me earn some miles paying my property taxes of $6.5k by debit. Made a payment on Wednesday and showing up on my tax account now.

If these guys add credit cards we are all going to have to go massively big as this will be the holy grail and won't be able to survive long
I'm going to be selfish here and hope they don't ever allow credit cards or not without some safeguards.

There is not a whole lot that this site does that I can't do with MO or other services but it does make it very convenient and save $0.70 a pop and postage. There are so many hoops to jump through with this game and while that is some of the fun if it, it also can get tiresome.

I don't understand how they are monetizing this but I hope it is enough to keep it more or less like it is. I'm digging their prompted service and how much less running around this allows me to do.

I've got other options for paying CC with debit so keeping this solution solvent is much more important to me.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
This is great. If I decided to pay off my student loans of 13k which I can now but with interest rates so low id rather hold off longer, I can get 5% on the 13k with my credit card. w00t!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I just paid my PGE and Toyota bills. PGE was same day(free till Feb sometime). I also requested to add my water company, let me see how it goes. As many said this will be useful to reduce no of WM trips and MOs.

Last edited by concordian; Jan 25, 2014 at 3:47 pm Reason: Correction
Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Which debit cards do you guys plan to use for this? My mortgage lender is listed here and could use the extra 1K/month spending..
Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by donutman27
Which debit cards do you guys plan to use for this? My mortgage lender is listed here and could use the extra 1K/month spending..
My goodness, ones we buy with iNk at Office Max, of course.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In regards to CC's!

One of our most important initiatives in development right now is adding credit card payments. I don't have an exact date for when we'll have that released to our users but it is a major priority (frankly I want that functionality now too).

Other big items we're working on are developing an iOS app (we already have an Android app on Google Play) and adding payment scheduling and reminders. Again, these are in development and we hope to have them done soon.

When we release new features, we always post updates on our blog and send an email to our user base. We'll let you know as soon as the next cool thing is available.

Thank you for your feedback and don't hesitate to email if you have any additional questions. In the meantime, have a good weekend -
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
In regards to CC's!
This is too good to be true.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:13 am

When they said 'adding credit card payments', did they mean paying bills with credit cards or adding credit card companies as payees?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
That means that like in a month theyll "enhance" this program and start charging fees
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by michael_v
When they said 'adding credit card payments', did they mean paying bills with credit cards or adding credit card companies as payees?
I specifically asked about the ability to pay credit card companies.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:15 am

Be careful, folks. On FW, someone is reporting an account suspension after less than 20 payments using a variety of prepaid cards.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
Be careful, folks. On FW, someone is reporting an account suspension after less than 20 payments using a variety of prepaid cards.
Yikes. Maybe this would be best to use MyVanillaDebit so it is one card all the way around and just load via VR's. Therefore there wouldn't be such variety and changing of cards..

Of course then this would be due to MVD's discretion...
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: A few
So far it's one report... could be real, could be not. I'm not up to twenty yet, but I am well over one and it's working remarkably well. Previously had no way of paying property taxes online and with a $7 bill due end of this week this has been a godsend. The payments are going through super quickly, better than any other billpay service I have used anywhere.

I have no idea what their biz model is but frankly I'd be happy to pay a couple of bucks per bill pay to see this thing stick around

Edit: I did have one fail, got an error message, and now have a $200 pending on a $200 card. but that's cool, I am sure it will come off in due course. Not sure exactly the time gap you have to leave between payments or how many you can do the same payee per day but I have done 5 in one day to the same payee so far
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I hope you are correct sir. But we do not yet know and something WILL change with the service.

I like this thang too for now though, and will see how it goes.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I hope you are correct sir. But we do not yet know and something WILL change with the service.

I like this thang too for now though, and will see how it goes.
Yeah I'm thinking the same. If CC payments get added, for sure it will be done in minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.