Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by mayday23
I put a debit card payment in through my OVC card on friday, but i reached the max amount of transactions. My OVC now has a hold on the $500 - any idea how long until the hold gets released? Do I need to call anyone?
RTFT&C
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:10 am

I just got an email stating that my WF mortgage account is suspended until 7/1. The mortgage is $1170. I did 3 payments using Staples Visa gift cards on Friday night ($200, $199.99, $200) and 1 payment of $570 using PP business debit MC on Saturday morning. That's a total of 4 payments. I submitted 4 payments for another WF mortgage (diff account number) last weekend, but that should have nothing to do with this account. Those payments (with OV) went through with no suspension.

Any thoughts on why I got suspended? Now I'm not sure how to proceed after 7/1. I followed their rules. Also, for those who got the suspension email, did your payments for that month at least go through?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just got an email stating that my WF mortgage account is suspended until 7/1. The mortgage is $1170. I did 3 payments using Staples Visa gift cards on Friday night ($200, $199.99, $200) and 1 payment of $570 using PP business debit MC on Saturday morning. That's a total of 4 payments. I submitted 4 payments for another WF mortgage (diff account number) last weekend, but that should have nothing to do with this account. Those payments (with OV) went through with no suspension.

Any thoughts on why I got suspended? Now I'm not sure how to proceed after 7/1. I followed their rules. Also, for those who got the suspension email, did your payments for that month at least go through?
I just received an email that only the account for my car loan was suspended until next month, not my Evolve account as a whole. I can still pay other bills, just not the car loan. I made 4 payments per the rules and stopped there.

For the record, this is my first use of Evolve, so my theory is only based on things I've read over the last few weeks: My impression is they didn't send out warnings the first time they started suspending accounts. So the email we received was their way of warning you.

I don't think there is any danger here, they are being proactive to avoid angering their customers... at least that is how I'm reading it.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:36 am

Think about it. They are simply telling you that you've hit your max of four payments and cannot make any more payments to that account this month. Hence the "suspended until July 1" language.

They probably should have used softer language saying something like "You have reached your maximum of four payments this month. Please come back to visit us next month for four more!"
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List

You made 4 payments which is the max for the month. You cannot use it until next month. People were complaining about not knowing this rule, they are just letting you know.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:41 am

I don't know if we got the same email. Mine specifically said that 1 particular biller account was suspended until 7/1, but did not say anything about the other accounts being open. It didn't sound like a warning. I just don't understand why got this email if I did not go over the 4 payment restriction. I know frequentmiler said the limit is 4 payments per individual account, but I wonder if the payments to my other WF account last week is what got me suspended.

Account number: xxxxxxxxx

This email is to inform you that your account with this biller at Evolve Money has been suspended due to the volume processed, there is now a 4 payment limit on this account per month. We are unable to allow future payments to this account until July 1, 2014. Please be advised that future attempts to make a payment to this account prior to this date will result in an authorization hold of funds on your attempted payment method.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:45 am

If this is simply an alert that I reached my limit, why didn't I get this alert last weekend when made 4 payments to my other WF account?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:46 am

Maybe they just started it.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Maybe they just started it.
Simple explanation? Not possible!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:15 pm

is it per calendar month or rolling 30 days?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:15 pm

I reported this earlier this month. It is not the 5th payment that causes lockup, it is the 4th. That doesn't mean you aren't allowed to do four payments, just that they lock the biller account after four, and let you know via email. - edited to add: all four of my payments made it through, and my email stated 7/1 as well, so it should be calendar, not rolling 30 days.

Last edited by WhiteRoom; Jun 22, 2014 at 1:16 pm Reason: more info
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:59 pm

Just started it? Maybe.
So everybody who did 4 payments this weekend got the email and nobody who did 4 prior to this weekend got the email? Or perhaps the fine CS folks at Evolve are just terribly inconsistent.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:05 pm

Evolve Money

So you know the max is four payments a month, you do four payments, and now you get an email confirming it. I don't seem the problem.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:01 pm

If this is simply an alert that I reached my limit, why didn't I get this alert last weekend when made 4 payments to my other WF account?
I think it is also just an alert.

As for why you didn't get one - I didn't get an alert email for about 2 days after I made the payments, and I think it initially went into spam. However, it does seem like its a "manual" e-mail, or was, when I made my transactions last weekend.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:18 pm

Ok. Hopefully everything stays smooth. This is a good way to empty my PP account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.