Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by xoxx
Who is going to call and ask them to add chase + amex?
Just email them and see what happens. I sent in BoA Mortgage and Lincoln AFS. Sounds like they will research it to make sure it's a legit company and then add pretty easily. Good communication emailed back.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by xoxx
Who is going to call and ask them to add chase + amex?
General CCs are turned off as a class in Evolve. It's not that they miss individual CCC payee, like in case with some utility or morgadge.

I think they realise what sort of Pandora box that is.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pier11
General CCs are turned off as a class in Evolve. It's not that they miss individual CCC payee, like in case with some utility or morgadge.

I think they realise what sort of Pandora box that is.
maybe We'll see. Someone do a test!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
What they can do to my mind is to allow CC payments for a fee. A flat fee, competitive to market. Read Walmart.
That would give them advantage over WM as more convenient BP service. Would also limit individual multiple transactions due to fees. Good compromise to me...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by TKKY
No, but I can liquidate four debit cards w/o typing in my address four times (and apparently waiting six minutes between each transaction).
use reloadit, no need for address
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Just email them and see what happens. I sent in BoA Mortgage and Lincoln AFS. Sounds like they will research it to make sure it's a legit company and then add pretty easily. Good communication emailed back.
I emailed and asked about OUC my local utility and got an email back saying they already had it but they updated the name to make more sense.

I also asked them about a small bank that I have a 2nd mortgage with and they said they would research.

I was too cautious(chicken) to ask about a cc.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:52 pm

I've found them to be reasonably responsive for a free service. Asked them to look into adding Child Support Payments for Texas and they asked for remittance address to help process it along.

Also, ask them about your apartment. They are working on this one for me as well.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by billcard
I ran a $1 test payment to my power company and it arrived. Just submitted a payment for $200 using a MC GC. Lists as pending, so I think it should work. The only other payees of interest to me is my county utility/personal property/real estate taxes are on the list. My mortgage and auto loan companies are not on the list.
Personal property??? Yikes.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: A few
Well if absolutely nothing else this let's me earn some miles paying my property taxes of $6.5k by debit. Made a payment on Wednesday and showing up on my tax account now.

If these guys add credit cards we are all going to have to go massively big as this will be the holy grail and won't be able to survive long
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
As with other entities now shutting people, holding their funds, and making everybody fax in (not email) copies of cards used to load contour cards, i estimate evolve will last only a few months at best. At least in the form it has been.

Use it whilst you can--i hope i am very wrong.
And do save whatever debit cards are used and associated printed receipts. Just in case they one day hold funds, back out pending transactions and force similar pains on us all

You have been warned

Continue msing

Last edited by Marathon Man; Jan 30, 2014 at 9:04 am
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:15 am

Made two debit card payments yesterday, but when I tried today it's only giving me a cash option. After I enter in the amount and click on submit payment, there is no debit card option, only cash.

Am I the only one?

ETA: I tried paying another vendor and I got back the debit card option.
Looks like they won't let you use a debit card for a vendor if there are 2 payments already in progress to that vendor.

Last edited by MkMooney; Jan 24, 2014 at 9:21 am
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:36 am

How do I use a Reloadit pack to use this service? I only see cash and debit as options.
Or do people mean, use reloadit to load a debit card and then use the service?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by MkMooney
Made two debit card payments yesterday, but when I tried today it's only giving me a cash option. After I enter in the amount and click on submit payment, there is no debit card option, only cash.

Am I the only one?

ETA: I tried paying another vendor and I got back the debit card option.
Looks like they won't let you use a debit card for a vendor if there are 2 payments already in progress to that vendor.
Yep just came across the same limit... I can live with that... actually for me it was 3 payments on the same day (I have another fourth to the same still showing as Pending on Evolve but I can see it's been received on the other end)
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As I don't have many other options to use this service, I'm going to ask about CC banks, etc. Are you all just filling out the feedback form that can be found through the link at the bottom or an actual email??
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cyclotron
How do I use a Reloadit pack to use this service? I only see cash and debit as options.
Or do people mean, use reloadit to load a debit card and then use the service?
Click on "cash" and it will give you the option to use Reloadit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.