FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Trouble paying Bills with BlueBird (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1535305-trouble-paying-bills-bluebird.html)

beachmiles Dec 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Trouble paying Bills with BlueBird

Just started having trouble paying bills with BB on 12/26/13. First time any problems . Mine and Mrs.' accounts won't complete a bill pay. I select payee, enter amount, hit review and nothing happens.

I'll try again tomorrow. Any issues going on that I've missed?

Been doing this since the card first came out. First problem

skitch23 Dec 27, 2013 7:49 pm

I authorized a check this morning and paid a bill at lunch with no issues. Used BB app on android. Have you tried from both the website and the app?

Brmass15 Dec 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Same here, my issue occurs when trying to pay a CC bill. After loading a VR, I go to pay and when I attempt to complete I get an error saying "The payment amount you wish to submit exceeds your available balance" which is not actually the case. Funny thing is, immediately after I used the app on my phone and it worked.

Barry2013 Dec 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Check the main Bluebird thread, it has been discussed thoroughly in there.

rjs11 Dec 27, 2013 8:04 pm

if you have a balance of $1,000 and try to send a payment of $1,000 it may not go through (I had this problem recently). sending a payment of $999.99 worked though...

yasn Dec 27, 2013 8:18 pm

BB doesn't allow $0.00 balance any more. needs to have at least $0.01 .

LoneTree Dec 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by yasn (Post 22038192)
BB doesn't allow $0.00 balance any more. needs to have at least $0.01 .

Just the website. The mobile app lets you.

Zamboni Driver Dec 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Definitely something going on with the BlueBird payment system today. I used the mobile app instead and the payment went through with no issues. You may want to use that as a workaround as others have suggested.

LoneTree Dec 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver (Post 22038237)
Definitely something going on with the BlueBird payment system today. I used the mobile app instead and the payment went through with no issues. You may want to use that as a workaround as others have suggested.

It's just a bug in the website re-design. Been going on for a while now. Bluebird is aware of the issue.

GetawaysRus Dec 28, 2013 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver (Post 22038237)

Been having the same issue. Downloaded the android mobile app and this worked fine. I ran the mobile app and the website at the same time. Made the payment on the mobile app and could then see it confirmed on the website a few moments later.

One more caution
: since the website upgrade, the payment info for one of my payees got "munched" and some of the address info was missing. (It was a payee for which I had entered all of the information manually. This was not a payee found in the BB database.) So I am now routinely checking the stored info for my payees before entering a payment. The mobile app doesn't allow me to check or edit the payee information. So if this bug persists, I'll have to go to the website first to verify the accuracy of the payee information, then run the mobile app to complete the payment.

ashap Dec 28, 2013 10:22 am

Trouble paying Bills with BlueBird

Check the bluebird thread. Could be a "'" or a "0" in the nickname causing a problem.

Corridor! Dec 28, 2013 12:12 pm

You also can't have any special characters. Such as a period. It also won't let you send it to a po box. BB recommended that I only use PO. I decided to authorize a check instead of using PO.

ramamosn Dec 28, 2013 2:35 pm

BB Billpay issue

Originally Posted by Brmass15 (Post 22038122)
Same here, my issue occurs when trying to pay a CC bill. After loading a VR, I go to pay and when I attempt to complete I get an error saying "The payment amount you wish to submit exceeds your available balance" which is not actually the case. Funny thing is, immediately after I used the app on my phone and it worked.

I had the same issue and I used the app on my phone and it worked fine. Thank you.

gster78 Dec 28, 2013 8:25 pm

It's a bug. Just re-enter/edit details of the payee, and it should work fine. They seem to have had issues migrating over fully saved payees. You should then be able make online payments as normal on the desktop site.

FloJones Dec 28, 2013 10:00 pm

The mobile app gave me no issues through bill pay this week, as well.