Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MENARDS 11% off even Gift Cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
MENARDS 11% off even Gift Cards

As of 12/26 till ?January 4, 2014. Get your Cert at the Service Desk,

Sounds like a good deal in my book, and yes pay your account off with a HIGC from OD
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Will take the flyer to Lowe's tomorrow and see if they will match it...
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by satman40
As of 12/26 till ?January 4, 2014. Get your Cert at the Service Desk,

Sounds like a good deal in my book, and yes pay your account off with a HIGC from OD
11% off given in the form of store credit that can't be spent on gift cards. Doesn't seem useful unless you're planning a large purchase anyway.

Unless I'm missing something?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

They sell Amazon, BP, and many other Gift Cards,

I have a few Rental, and build a few houses, so I spend 50k plus easy there, but I get 10% everyday.

The only reason for the post was the GC, thought it might help Someone with their spend,
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:47 pm
Suspended

getting a free matchbox car makes the deal sweeter:
http://www.menards.com/main/gift-car...073-c-3410.htm

thanks op, I did drop 1k on this today, and stopped at OD first

Last edited by BarnyardRomeo; Dec 27, 2013 at 7:40 pm
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by LoneTree
11% off given in the form of store credit that can't be spent on gift cards
If the store credit is issued as a plastic swipeable card with no expiration date, one should be able to resell or trade it pretty easily
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
If the store credit is issued as a plastic swipeable card with no expiration date, one should be able to resell or trade it pretty easily
"Rebate is in the form of a merchandise credit check which may only be redeemed in store and cannot be used as a form of payment online."
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Can this be done online? I'm not in a Menard's area.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:10 am

Menard's issues the 11% and all other "rebates" as paper certificates with both your name on them and the product(s) you purchased for the rebate. You must mail in your receipt and a rebate card to get your 11% in the first place. Once you get it, you have to sign the back of the paper certificate before submitting it. Theoretically they can/should check Ids, but most don't. But they are definitely not a gift card or easily resellable.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jacobsta811
Menard's issues the 11% and all other "rebates" as paper certificates with both your name on them and the product(s) you purchased for the rebate. You must mail in your receipt and a rebate card to get your 11% in the first place. Once you get it, you have to sign the back of the paper certificate before submitting it. Theoretically they can/should check Ids, but most don't. But they are definitely not a gift card or easily resellable.
respectfully i disagree sir. i have had many many many many of these certificates. they have NEVER EVER checked my id when I pulled one out to use it. i have seen them sold on ebay, etc before. they are resellable for that reason, but who would want to sell them at a loss, since menards is the best deal of teh big three big box home improvement stores.

edit: just wanted to mention the obvious, in case it might help someone whos drunk on eggnog. first, go to od and buy higc using ink and buy the giftcards at menards using higc you bought with ink. second, if you actually want to buy something at menards, buy menards giftcards on monday, get the 11% rebate for the gc's, then return on tuesday to buy the physical item you want using the menards gcs and get another 11% rebate, so you can double dip. menards sells lots of basic stuff at pretty much market value, such as copper wire, so it would be pretty easy to flip that or other basic contractor goods if you had a ~22% discount. or just sell the gc's.

Last edited by BarnyardRomeo; Dec 28, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.