Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

$50 cvs dollars for $150 paypal prepaid card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl

Any idea how to cash this card out?
http://boardingarea.com/pointsmilesa...2713-regional/
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:58 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
Does the funds load onto your paypal account where you could unload with a paypal debit card or is it separated?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:30 pm

I picked up 6 today. Others are reporting draining at all point ATMs inside CVS. If that's possible without giving them SSN, I'll definitely do that tonight before the $4.95 fee hits.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
my experience with these things is that they are hard to cancel

more later. Almost not sure why i just went out and got so many today but well, ya gotta
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EP, HHonors Diamond
I loaded mine to AP. I activated them on PayPal's site first which asks for a SSN if you don't have a PayPal account. Heads up that you're only allowed 3 of these PP debit cards PER PayPal account.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by busymike
I picked up 6 today. Others are reporting draining at all point ATMs inside CVS. If that's possible without giving them SSN, I'll definitely do that tonight before the $4.95 fee hits.
Did U drain your 6 cards? It is activated at the register on payment. Is this card immediately usable for shopping without registering? If registering is necessary can U register all 6 cards to yourself and link to your Paypal account?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have made the mistake of not getting the memo about the 3 cards per SSN. I went for #4 and it wants me to call. But trying to do that now is not good. It takes a long time to get thru to the paypal PP when it's not crammed like it was today due to CVS promo.

I had one of these once. It is a bit of a PITA to cancel it. Well, I have 22 cards so I guess I have my work cut out for me, eh? lol

but my wife was already having a shopping spree in CVS cosmetics and Xmass and toys areas!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have made the mistake of not getting the memo about the 3 cards per SSN. I went for #4 and it wants me to call. But trying to do that now is not good. It takes a long time to get thru to the paypal PP when it's not crammed like it was today due to CVS promo.

I had one of these once. It is a bit of a PITA to cancel it. Well, I have 22 cards so I guess I have my work cut out for me, eh? lol

but my wife was already having a shopping spree in CVS cosmetics and Xmass and toys areas!
Exactly what happened to me. Activated the first 3 with no problem. Went to activate the 4th and the headache began. Called and after being on hold for 20 minutes, talked to someone who said I needed to call back tomorrow for a certain department.

Does anyone know once the cards are emptied if we need to call PayPal to actually cancel/close the account?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:34 pm

I went ahead and loaded up $500 and unloaded it to my BB at Wally World. I registered it, but it wanted more info as I currently have a card. I was able to load the entire $500 before the $4.95 fee hit. They have that card associated to my SSN now, so do I need to worry about paying that $4.95 fee or will it just wash away? Any ideas?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by rossrr
I went ahead and loaded up $500 and unloaded it to my BB at Wally World. I registered it, but it wanted more info as I currently have a card. I was able to load the entire $500 before the $4.95 fee hit. They have that card associated to my SSN now, so do I need to worry about paying that $4.95 fee or will it just wash away? Any ideas?
Wondering the same thing here...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Long ago I mistakenly bought one of these when looking for paypal cards, which at the time rarely if ever existed in my stores.

I got this and had to rego it to get the perm. I was able to use it.

But to cancel that thing was a huge pita! That I do recall

Now tonight I find I have to rego the temp and tried to do on phone. Got half way in and it wanted me to speak to cs. I was on hold... Went to pick up take out Thai... Still on hold. Stopped into a store and bought a gc or two... Still on hold. In fact here's a new one for you: clerk said he could not do my trans while I was on my phone. New policy. Wth. So I put the phone on another end of the counter hoping cs would not answer while it was far away and bought my gcs. Still on hold. Drove home with my Thai food. Still on hold. Gave up after 30 mins. Will have to call again but yah, we can burn the temp but do have to cancel the perm or it will try to bill us. To do that you have to call. It was a long hold back when I did it once. Today's was probably due to the cvs thing but still, it will be a LONGGGGGG call just to cancel one.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Long ago I mistakenly bought one of these when looking for paypal cards, which at the time rarely if ever existed in my stores.

I got this and had to rego it to get the perm. I was able to use it.

But to cancel that thing was a huge pita! That I do recall

Now tonight I find I have to rego the temp and tried to do on phone. Got half way in and it wanted me to speak to cs. I was on hold... Went to pick up take out Thai... Still on hold. Stopped into a store and bought a gc or two... Still on hold. In fact here's a new one for you: clerk said he could not do my trans while I was on my phone. New policy. Wth. So I put the phone on another end of the counter hoping cs would not answer while it was far away and bought my gcs. Still on hold. Drove home with my Thai food. Still on hold. Gave up after 30 mins. Will have to call again but yah, we can burn the temp but do have to cancel the perm or it will try to bill us. To do that you have to call. It was a long hold back when I did it once. Today's was probably due to the cvs thing but still, it will be a LONGGGGGG call just to cancel one.
So for every card we bought and activated today, they'll send us a permanent one?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thunk so

Maybe we should have just done a higc on them and call and say you dont agree w the tcs and have them mail a check.

After all these things are backed by bancorp too, our favorite
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:04 pm

The ad said one per household for the $50. Are you guys using multiple CVS reward cards or are you getting $50 on the same CVS reward card?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:06 pm

It says one per household but I believe you can get up to two cards per CVS card. On the receipt after you get the second card, it will say "300.00 - offer limit reached."

Any idea if we can report the cards as lost/stolen as a way to close the account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.