Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla reloads with Barclay's [pending transaction does not display amount]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:12 am
Original Poster

I haven't used this card to get Vanilla Reloads before. Went through fine at CVS. Just now I looked at my account online and there is a line for CVS in my temporary authorizations, however there is no amount in the "purchases" column. Other transactions before and after are displaying a purchase amount.

Does this mean it's going to be treated as a cash advance?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:16 am

I buy amex GC and I can spend them and pay off bill usually before charge even posts.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:27 am

I have purchased many a VR with my Arrival card. Always posts (eventually) as a purchase.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:22 pm

ive seen this on my pending transactions too...it will show fine once it goes out of the pending state.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
You will be fine. Barclays posts everything of mine slowly.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:21 am

Interestingly, I made a purchase yesterday with my Barclaycard and the merchant displayed as a pre-authorization when I logged into my account, but no dollar amount was displayed either. BTW, this purchase was over $4K, and not related in the least bit to MS. I also found this very odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.