Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official CVS Vanilla Reload policy?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:35 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
I found a store in Sacramento which had a stack. Bought 3 last night, and 3 this morning, all within 24 hours. They scanned my ID, which I had no problem with. $3000 MS for my bonus is finally done! ( I did get a fraud alert call from Chase shortly after )
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Official CVS Vanilla Reload policy?

No issues where I live. Actually I am the chicken here for not going more than 1k a day. But I only have 1 BB so no rush.

Anyway try not to argue with the employee or manager. And forget about playing smartass. Doesn't work anywhere. At my stores they pretty much know me cause I am a regular customer who buys more than VRs. That is the bottom line for these managers. Sales.

I usually shop at close by CVS (low crime neighbourhoods). And usually hand out my ID before they even ask me. And they have yet to scan it. Sweetness and politeness is the name of the game.

My 0.02.

PS a couple of weeks sgo I handed over my DL and the employee said "No need for that". I replied to him that there was a camera on the ceiling .... He was very thankful for the reminder !

Last edited by lacuadra; Nov 18, 2013 at 11:47 pm
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by jewsus
We should write google reviews for each location indicating which stores are good and which have dbag managers. Make sure your reviews are cryptic.
I would definitely not recommend that...you want this to stay under the radar and not draw anymore attention that is already posted all over the blogs...Just go to the stores near you and figure it out for yourself
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732
I would definitely not recommend that...you want this to stay under the radar and not draw anymore attention that is already posted all over the blogs...Just go to the stores near you and figure it out for yourself
I couldn't agree more. I am surprised that a few haven't ruined this for everyone yet. Afterall, we live in the "it's all about me" era.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by SLV
I found a store in Sacramento which had a stack. Bought 3 last night, and 3 this morning, all within 24 hours. They scanned my ID, which I had no problem with. $3000 MS for my bonus is finally done! ( I did get a fraud alert call from Chase shortly after )
I'm curious about something. How quickly are you able to unload those VRs? Are the VRs secure enough to say stockpile at the start of the month and unload throughout? I still don't feel comfortable having more than $1k of VRs on hand at any given time. I've even woken up on my own at 2am EST to unload them, hah!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:17 am

CVS will allow you to buy up to $5K in 24 hours (my experience) so buying 1500 yesterday and 1500 the next day won't alert anything. I've gone in before at straight up noon on a Tuesday and if I try to buy one second before noon on Wed, it rejects me. I hang out and shoot the bull for a few minutes and it goes through fine.

Jewsus: I like you and I've read a lot of your posts and think I've even PM'ed with you, but there is no way hell that I'm giving up my honey hole. Here's a better idea. Form a startup and work with Incomm to gain access to their inventory and where they are shipping their various products. Then write an app that people could use to find the VRs so they don't have to drive around. This, of course, depends on people not hiding them in the stores. I can't imagine that the general public would use this app very much, but I bet there are people on FT that would pay $50-$100 for this type of app. Hell, there are people preordering Coin CCs for $50 and they don't even know if it will work.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by nuclfusion
I'm curious about something. How quickly are you able to unload those VRs? Are the VRs secure enough to say stockpile at the start of the month and unload throughout? I still don't feel comfortable having more than $1k of VRs on hand at any given time. I've even woken up on my own at 2am EST to unload them, hah!
I think they're pretty secure as long as your comfortable and liquid enough to hold them. Go buy yourself a safe or at least a fire-proof box and horde away. At any given time, I'm usually sitting on a few of them myself.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by nuclfusion
I've held 5k for 5 days. That's about my limit of comfort with holding them before loading. Risk vs. convenience. I prefer to buy and load the same day.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:21 pm

It's easy to find this official memo sent by CVS to its stores:

But it doesn't mention that accepting credit cards for payment is OK. I'd love to find something official saying that. Does anyone have that rule or a way to confirm it?

About half of my local CVS stores insist on cash only; the other half have no problems accepting credit cards for payment. It's crazy. The district manager tells those store managers cash only, so I don't want to make a fuss at the cash only stores for fear he'll tell the "good" stores cash only too.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:54 pm
Suspended

well i heard tonight that soon all msp cvs stores are going to be 1k/customer/day, due to someone regularly buying $3k across 6 different CCs on a regular basis
lets hope i herd wrong.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
well i heard tonight that soon all msp cvs stores are going to be 1k/customer/day, due to someone regularly buying $3k across 6 different CCs on a regular basis
lets hope i herd wrong.
I have yet to understand why people are in such hurry. I only carry one BB so I buy here and there all month long. Usually $500.00 or maybe $1000 max.

My fiance does not like this part of MS. And i basically started after the OD and Ink offer last year I read from MMS ( sorry but true)

My question to you all:
Is there a secret to having more than 1 BB ?
Or are you all so lucky your family members give them to you without expecting anything in return?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lacuadra

My question to you all:
Is there a secret to having more than 1 BB ?
Or are you all so lucky your family members give them to you without expecting anything in return?
AFAIK Bingo or you work some where and are ripping off the employees info and using your address instead of theres. Then again if a person has 3 kids they now can get 5 BBs his,hers and 1 per kid add another 4 for the parents and in laws who wont be playing the game themselves, so 9 in all

Last edited by craz; Nov 20, 2013 at 8:01 am
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by craz
AFAIK Bingo or you work some where and are ripping off the employees info and using your address instead of theres. Then again if a person has 3 kids they now can get 5 BBs his,hers and 1 per kid add another 4 for the parents and in laws who wont be palying the game themselves, so 9 in all
Not sure if I can justify my 2 year old having a bird account with $5k lol
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:06 am

Why BB FOR kids? Don't have to be above 18 to get one
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Why BB FOR kids? Don't have to be above 18 to get one
Yes, they do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.