Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts in 2017 onwards are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826121-visa-gc-walmart-2017-a.html

Tips in Reading Your Walmart Receipt to Prevent Errors

1. Locate the barcode on the back of the Sunnie; this is what Wally uses to load it; somehow their system links the barcode with the account number in the background. The barcode number is what goes on your receipt.
2. Find the "loading" of the Sunnie at the BOTTOM of your receipt. (NOT the top)
3. The last four numbers of the barcode will be shown; that is how you match it to the Sunnie.

What Happens if a Clerk Attempts to Load 1 Sunnie Twice

It will tie up your CC money for 5-8 business days. It will automatically credit back at that time.

Misc. Issues

1. Reports indicate that some stores only accept cash/debit for GC. This doesn't appear to be the case in every store so YMMV.

2. In the same store (or during multiple transactions) misinformed CSRs may tell you "no credit cards." Try a different CSR, or go back.

3. If you receive a "tender not allowed" message or the first swipe didn't work, ask to try it again but don't argue the point. (For some reason, pin-enabled cards fail or take several attempts before they work.)

4. Remember: if your card didn't work and the CSR insists on seeing it or says "no CC allowed" it's best to try a different CSR, lane, or store.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC/ Walmart(through 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by partizanka
I read few pages, but couldn't identify the single most used way of cashing the Sunnie. Do you all still have Serve and BB? I can't believe that all of you would simply buy MO all the time... Please, help, I desperately need to spend 2K in a week. I am definitely not your typical wholesale MSer. Just need to finish my spend on airline CC.
yes, I still have 1VIPs to load. They are from never been used SSNs and addresses. Most have gone to reselling (which isn't really MS but that's what I've been reading bloggers are now talking about). Other than that, you may just have to use it to prepay your recurring bills or use the VGCs for regular spend.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:28 pm

Just found a super WM that has no freezing at the $500 confirmation. It seems the terminal with the maker I gets the freeze but no freezing with the terminal maker V....can anybody confirm?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:10 pm

Ended up visiting another super WM. At this WM, the maker of the terminal is V but newer than yesterday's WM. No freezing at the $500 confirmation. My suspicion for the terminal maker I deepend now.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:04 pm

At another super WM with the terminal maker I. Damn, no freezing at the $500 confirmation. I give up finding the cause
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:54 pm

Has anyone figured out proper timing for inserting the card so terminal wouldn't freeze? It seems timing does matter. Once you see the confirmation window then it is late. This is what I gathered, Cashier scans the barcode and you see $4.94(card fee), then they put in the amount let's say $500, so the total now is $504.94, you briefly see this before the screen goes to confirmation page.

It seems if you insert card right after this brief display before the confirmation window then terminal may not freeze. I'm experimenting this myself and unable to repeat this in 2 different stores. Anyone, know a little trick so terminal wouldn't freeze would be helpful.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:34 pm

Hey guys, I'm about to run 6 months course on WF card. Been thinking about applying for SO. I still have my 3 Go bank cards and If I continue Billpays, that's 20K per month in volume which is good enough for me. This is without any MOs, only place I can get VGC is 3 nearby Walmarts. The only issue I have is weird looks on WM employees and tracking they do, although no one has said anything. Should I continue doing what I have been doing without worrying about what WM employees might be thinking or they may be doing?

I wouldn't care a 2 hoot what they thought had this been totally legit, there is that suspicious angle that you can't fault anyone from thinking there is something fishy going on here because of the unusual pattern/volume. I'm sure many of you have passed through this exact situation and any advise would be greatly appreciated
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:20 pm

I tried one of the WM, which had a freezing problem at the $500 confirmation previously. No freezing today with the terminal maker I. I gotta go back to other WMs to see all are fixed around here now.

Gitangali, if the WM workers already suspect you of something, I think it's too late. If they ask, explain what you are doing & hope for the best.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:16 am

One thing I have noticed WM employees do is they print 2nd copy of receipt and save it. Not every time but here and there.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
Hey guys, I'm about to run 6 months course on WF card. Been thinking about applying for SO. I still have my 3 Go bank cards and If I continue Billpays, that's 20K per month in volume which is good enough for me. This is without any MOs, only place I can get VGC is 3 nearby Walmarts. The only issue I have is weird looks on WM employees and tracking they do, although no one has said anything. Should I continue doing what I have been doing without worrying about what WM employees might be thinking or they may be doing?

I wouldn't care a 2 hoot what they thought had this been totally legit, there is that suspicious angle that you can't fault anyone from thinking there is something fishy going on here because of the unusual pattern/volume. I'm sure many of you have passed through this exact situation and any advise would be greatly appreciated
Didn't WF kill the 5% bonus for MS?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Didn't WF kill the 5% bonus for MS?
Not sure what you are talking about. How would they differentiate MS vs non MS? unless you are talking about recent shut downs when WF sees MS activity. I still have an active card and would take another chance as long as it lasts, what do I gotta lose? there is no AF, worst case only thing you lose is fees if the points are withdrawn.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:58 am

Not sure what you are talking about. How would they differentiate MS vs non MS? unless you are talking about recent shut downs when WF sees MS activity. I still have an active card and would take another chance as long as it lasts, what do I gotta lose? there is no AF, worst case only thing you lose is fees if the points are withdrawn.
I would be interested in hearing about people who applied for new accounts after the notices were sent. Are they in the clear? I haven't yet had a WF card but prepped for the application the week the notices went out.

I've seen someone use the WF card in my area, so I know it's not dead for this person... unless they're clueless.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
I would be interested in hearing about people who applied for new accounts after the notices were sent. Are they in the clear? I haven't yet had a WF card but prepped for the application the week the notices went out.

I've seen someone use the WF card in my area, so I know it's not dead for this person... unless they're clueless.
This is what I was wondering.
I thought they'd killed the 5% for everyone, though they're still advertising it.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:59 pm

"Walmart Pay" is available in my area. Have anybody tried to purchase a VGC with "Walmart Pay"?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage

I tried 2 different WM and they both worked.

One of my serve account got closed and I tried to apply again but I was denied.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:43 am

So today I overheard this on WM walkie talkie radios, there was no one at the service desk but radio was left on. I bought $1500 VGC at the regular line and went to customer service desk to bill pay. One of the employee was saying, there is this gentleman he is on the watch for doing large amount of money gram or something like that. She didn't know exactly what I was doing but it seems I'm on WM's watch list. Should I be concerned? I do see that they often take a print out of the transaction after I'm done buying VGCs and save it in a pouch.

Last edited by Gitangali; Jun 26, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.