Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

CVS Vanilla Reload: Alternate Form of Payment Required?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CVS Vanilla Reload: Alternate Form of Payment Required?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: DL-PM, SPG-Gold; HH-Dia
I always have trouble finding them in stock at CVS's here in ATL but has anyone ever tried paying with Google Wallet or ISIS mobile wallet from the phone in CVS?

Could this potentially cut down on the cashier hero factor jumping in front of the no CC bullet? May not code as directly from CVS for card bonuses, idk.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Popped my Vanilla MS cherry. Barclays security

Hey guys, so was on way home today and popped my MS cherry.

Have a couple of cards coming that have a $10k spend in 3 months that might need a hand. Decided to test it now before I get those cards with my Barclays Rewards that gives 2% cash back @ CVS.

Got the VR card on the wall (and there were tons of them), found some Fiji water on sale, and went to cash register. Cashier was friendly, did not even blink. Total bill was $508 (water, $500 reload, and fee). Gave her card and bam... came up with a security check at register that she needed to call in.

the system gave her some issues, so I just handed her my Cap 1 Quick Silver for the 1.5% and that went through no problem.

Has anyone had this happen before?

Is Barclays just really on this?

Edit: Loaded to blue bird no problem. Also used my CVS card, got some $1 off extra bucks coupons that I figure can use in the future to reduce the cost even more.

I figure $7.50 in rewards for $3.95 is not bad to try it out.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Hey guys, so was on way home today and popped my MS cherry.

Have a couple of cards coming that have a $10k spend in 3 months that might need a hand. Decided to test it now before I get those cards with my Barclays Rewards that gives 2% cash back @ CVS.

Got the VR card on the wall (and there were tons of them), found some Fiji water on sale, and went to cash register. Cashier was friendly, did not even blink. Total bill was $508 (water, $500 reload, and fee). Gave her card and bam... came up with a security check at register that she needed to call in.

the system gave her some issues, so I just handed her my Cap 1 Quick Silver for the 1.5% and that went through no problem.

Has anyone had this happen before?

Is Barclays just really on this?

Edit: Loaded to blue bird no problem. Also used my CVS card, got some $1 off extra bucks coupons that I figure can use in the future to reduce the cost even more.

I figure $7.50 in rewards for $3.95 is not bad to try it out.
Happened to me once about a month ago.

After the cashier went through all of the processes (It took like 5 mins IIRC), no problem ever since.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
So I called Barclays... they blocked the transaction. Wanted to verify. Will try again a purchase tomorrow or in next few days.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by maksimfa
So I called Barclays... they blocked the transaction. Wanted to verify. Will try again a purchase tomorrow or in next few days.
Yeah, it's the card issuer. It's happened a bit if you read the main CVS thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.