Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by chener
Yes it takes longer, but what are our better options when working with Kate?
10 minutes from door step to door step.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by zozeppelin
You're right, it's probably more efficient to copy content from FT for ad revenue / cc referrals.

But at least you post and don't hide. Unlike those "I've had many readers alert me that .." (read: I jacked this from FT and am publishing for my own personal financial benefit).

I'll add that you don't see to use referral links or ads, so apologies and cheers to that. But the FT regurgitation point stands. That isn't helping anyone here by explicitly giving steps there. In the same breath you ask to lock the thread, doesn't seem to be too consistent.
Everything on my blog is mine. The trick about ordering Amex cards is my own as well. You can search my posts. And I will tell you this - before I posted it on a blog I answered every PM I got. Earlier post were for my friends only, thats why I specifically refer to someone named Benny (chew and spit out guy, can't figure one thing on his own).
If I was to spin it off, I would copy every 101 class from this forum. Thats why I think MMS better start coming up with something more original than "Trip to Hawaii with Emily: part 14". Traffic is golden and it won't last forever.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by chener
Yes it takes longer, but what are our better options when working with Kate?
I don't need Kate. So many times people mention grocery store names and still "how do you liquidate.. How do I spend my 11K".. Jesus, Allah, Buddha. You guys really need arrows and click here, click there instructions? I have 5 locations within 10 minute driving distance where I can liquidate my cards. Takes me hour and a half to dump 10K.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:52 pm

Ok so to get back to topic, this doesn't seem like a glitch anymore. It's sad but this looks like the end of loading BB with VGC's. I tried again today and none worked. So I used AP to liquidate the rest (didn't have much left anyway).

Honestly, once churning was mentioned on CNN, I knew they'll start clamping down on this.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Out of curiosity, I went to the bow tie guy's site to see if he has warned his readers that VGCs won't load to BB anymore. For months since the demise of VRs, he has pumped up the VGCs from CVS method as foolproof. Some reported in the comments to his posts that many walmarts had started asking what you were loading to BB and then refusing gift cards. Bow tie guy would respond to those comments and accuse them of lying in an effort to trick others into not getting in on the easy gravy train. Now that the deal is dead, surely he must have felt obligated to draw some circles and arrows right away to prevent folks from getting stuck with thousands in VGCs.

Apparently not.
I can't stand this guy. Him and his wife bother me so much. He's always taking pictures of her holding gift cards!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:54 pm

To be fair, I think we are all a bit gun shy. Many have been VERY kind to me in tha past and I have learned a TON, but those days was when we have VR and WM VGC. Relax a bit, let the dust settle and both the newbie thread and others on this forum will be a bit more open. Unless MM cracks down on us

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 20, 2014 at 8:42 pm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
OMG. I just went to WM and the register would not accept my OV. I tried everything and nothing worked...please help me...what can I do???
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:06 pm

Is it only 484718 series VGC that is having issues ? Just now got couple of VGC dries 484735 .. Should have checked FT earlier reg this bad news
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
This is really disheartening news especially since I was just approved for the Citi executive card
Just go to the MoneyGram and Western Union websites and do a search for the merchants that sell money orders in your zip code. You'll most likely be surprised at how many options you have. It may take a little longer, but as long as you take it slow and don't draw attention to yourself by attempting to buy ridiculous amounts, you'll be fine. Just pick three or four and keep your daily limit at 500 to 1K per merchant and you'll have no trouble hitting the minimum spend for your Exec card.

Good luck.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by traveler9020
Just go to the MoneyGram and Western Union websites and do a search for the merchants that sell money orders in your zip code. You'll most likely be surprised at how many options you have. It may take a little longer, but as long as you take it slow and don't draw attention to yourself by attempting to buy ridiculous amounts, you'll be fine. Just pick three or four and keep your daily limit at 500 to 1K per merchant and you'll have no trouble hitting the minimum spend for your Exec card.
YMMV, but round here at least 99% of those listed are cash only
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:16 pm

Quick question, tomorrow using meta for first time. Outside of last 4=code, any tricks I need to know for WM? Do you need to use the speed workaround for meta cards too?
tx
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Quick question, tomorrow using meta for first time. Outside of last 4=code, any tricks I need to know for WM? Do you need to use the speed workaround for meta cards too?
tx
Not as of ~5 PM today...
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:21 pm

Good luck.
Originally Posted by silver6054
YMMV, but round here at least 99% of those listed are cash only
Interesting. Where are you located? I'm in the DFW area and most places that state "cash only" consider debit as cash. This is especially true at grocery stores. Heck, even CVS used to sell money orders (not sure if they still do but if so, I wonder if they'll take OV for one?) Hmm!! could we be on to something here? lol.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Interesting. Where are you located? I'm in the DFW area and most places that state "cash only" consider debit as cash. This is especially true at grocery stores. Heck, even CVS used to sell money orders (not sure if they still do but if so, I wonder if they'll take OV for one?) Hmm!! could we be on to something here? lol.
Every CVS I've been that sells money orders means it when they say cash only. No debit. Of course, this is only NYC, SF, and SoCal.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:28 pm

Not heard of the situation where when they say "cash only" it means that "debit" is allowed as well. If debit was allowed they would say "cash or debit"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.