Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by grayland
Very nice retort

Note that Avery66 has been around for a long time.
May deserve a bit more respect.
I didnt care if avery66 was the 1st person who joined FT or the last person, nor if they had 1 post or 100,000

as it has been said numerous times on numerous threads, posting hey will someone please PM me all the info I need to stay in the game or post it, isnt gonna cut it any longer

With gas being cheap lately (Thanks to gas pts and a $2.20 reduction) I made up a list of places to hit for the 1st time, some names came off of the boards, most off the site of the card I wanted to buy. I will say the vast majority came up dry , so it cost me a tank of gas ($18) and a whole day. I also used my Garmin and clicked onto the type of places I was looking for

It doesnt take a genius to do that, it does mean using up alot of gas and time w/o knowing if you will come back with empty pockets or full ones. And if I wanted to get say MOs and Petes doesnt sell them, all I had to do was ask them if they knew of any place nearby that did Ureka

I did pull into every 7 I passed most either didnt have what I was looking for or ca$h only. I didnt post can people please PM where in or near Dover,De are there any 7s that are still working. I got into my car drove around and around and yes spent many hrs doing it since if I hit pay dirt (and I did) then it would be well worth it, if I didnt well then Id X out that area and try somewhere else the next time

If a person doesnt have the time to do this then this game isnt for them, plain and simple. I would never suggest for someone to do what I myself wouldnt do

As I read on a post the other day, its come down to people not only not wanting to read the book, or watch the movie but they also dont want to read the cliff notes and now simply want someone to tell them everything w/o putting in any effort or time. And no Im not a part of any private group or site
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: SPG-Hyatt-IHG-UA-AA-MR-UR
Originally Posted by craz
I didnt care if avery66 was the 1st person who joined FT or the last person, nor if they had 1 post or 100,000

as it has been said numerous times on numerous threads, posting hey will someone please PM me all the info I need to stay in the game or post it, isnt gonna cut it any longer

With gas being cheap lately (Thanks to gas pts and a $2.20 reduction) I made up a list of places to hit for the 1st time, some names came off of the boards, most off the site of the card I wanted to buy. I will say the vast majority came up dry , so it cost me a tank of gas ($18) and a whole day. I also used my Garmin and clicked onto the type of places I was looking for

It doesnt take a genius to do that, it does mean using up alot of gas and time w/o knowing if you will come back with empty pockets or full ones. And if I wanted to get say MOs and Petes doesnt sell them, all I had to do was ask them if they knew of any place nearby that did Ureka

I did pull into every 7 I passed most either didnt have what I was looking for or ca$h only. I didnt post can people please PM where in or near Dover,De are there any 7s that are still working. I got into my car drove around and around and yes spent many hrs doing it since if I hit pay dirt (and I did) then it would be well worth it, if I didnt well then Id X out that area and try somewhere else the next time

If a person doesnt have the time to do this then this game isnt for them, plain and simple. I would never suggest for someone to do what I myself wouldnt do

As I read on a post the other day, its come down to people not only not wanting to read the book, or watch the movie but they also dont want to read the cliff notes and now simply want someone to tell them everything w/o putting in any effort or time. And no Im not a part of any private group or site
Very well stated. Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kenshin251
Respect is bought! with posts counts lol
I disagree post counts doesnt yield Respect, having posts with good info (besides the MS forum) brings Respect.

for sure only asking questions w/o ever helping out others wont be of any help.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:33 pm

As long as you're getting points when buying the respect.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by magnitude
Sweet! I can't wait until I'm here long enough to be a douche, and still demand respect
Pop Pop!!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I disagree post counts doesnt yield Respect, having posts with good info (besides the MS forum) brings Respect.

for sure only asking questions w/o ever helping out others wont be of any help.
Right - this is the key. It's not just about not asking for help too often, it's about helping.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:50 pm

Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Smile

Said by poster with less than a month and 35 posts.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by magnitude
Sweet! I can't wait until I'm here long enough to be a douche, and still demand respect
I assume you are calling either me or avery66 a douche.
Why??

...or is this just a typical troll post by a newbie to get attention.
Seems to be a lot of that lately.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by tree100
Pop Pop!!
Pop pop?!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by VizeL
Pop pop?!
[img]]
Glad somebody got it.

And I think this thread is officially completely off topic at this point.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:03 pm

@craz...

I agree completely with your assessment of the requests for spoon feeding.

My point was that not all questions require a smackdown
I give a little more leeway to people who have been around for awhile.
YMMV of course.

I am even more disgusted by the attempts by people who have only been on FT for a month or two to flame others.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by grayland
@craz...

I agree completely with your assessment of the requests for spoon feeding.

My point was that not all questions require a smackdown
I give a little more leeway to people who have been around for awhile.
YMMV of course.

I am even more disgusted by the attempts by people who have only been on FT for a month or two to flame others.

There's a lot of that going around FT lately. Sad to see the steady and recent (rapid) decline.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by avery66
Thanks, but most of this is outdated information
I didn't give you that link for updated info. I gave you that link because it seems you need to start all over and read more about MS. I'm not being mean. I'm being honest.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:22 pm

Just noticed today that Kate works for the same company that sells VGC from our favorite 5x supplier. She cheerfully loaded $1K to BB for me today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.