Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:04 am

I tried to load my BB with a Vanilla Visa GC at 3 different WalMart's yesterday and ran into the same problem each time...the transaction showed as a credit card swipe on the cashier side at Customer Service even though I changed the payment to Debit...hit No Cash Back...and then entered a pin...supervisors at all 3 stores came over and said that the GC's will not work anymore...these were all Debit versions and I have previously had success 15-20 times...

Anyone have the same issue...and/or a workaround that has been successful?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by majabe
I tried to load my BB with a Vanilla Visa GC at 3 different WalMart's yesterday and ran into the same problem each time...the transaction showed as a credit card swipe on the cashier side at Customer Service even though I changed the payment to Debit...hit No Cash Back...and then entered a pin...supervisors at all 3 stores came over and said that the GC's will not work anymore...these were all Debit versions and I have previously had success 15-20 times...

Strong first post....

Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by majabe

So... you're having a problem with Vanilla GC's? Loading a BB account? At Walmart, you say? Very interesting.

In other news...

Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RJP3
So... you're having a problem with Vanilla GC's? Loading a BB account? At Walmart, you say? Very interesting.

In other news...

Well its good morning to me, I had no idea whatsoever that this took place. So Lindbergh simply on the cuff decided to fly to Paris. Well I guess we still can learn something new everyday Next thing I know someone is gonna post something about WM no longer working
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: AA (one day at a time) DL, US, IMF, NSA (I'm watching you!)
what about MO's?

So it appears that OVGC's and OVPVC's can no longer feed the BB at WM. Any suggestions on how to liquidate the OVGC's and OVPVC's I have in hand? MO's? Can you buy MO's with the OVPVC's? if so, where? My MS goal is quite low, only $7K per month. Do you think that's enough to raise a red flag with my bank if I deposit $3500 of MO's in 2 different accounts each month? And please don't snark at me if this has been covered elsewhere. I really did try to research this before I posted here, but the answers weren't clear or they were outdated, as the rules for all of this seem to be changing quickly.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by avery66
So it appears that OVGC's and OVPVC's can no longer feed the BB at WM. Any suggestions on how to liquidate the OVGC's and OVPVC's I have in hand? MO's? Can you buy MO's with the OVPVC's? if so, where? My MS goal is quite low, only $7K per month. Do you think that's enough to raise a red flag with my bank if I deposit $3500 of MO's in 2 different accounts each month? And please don't snark at me if this has been covered elsewhere. I really did try to research this before I posted here, but the answers weren't clear or they were outdated, as the rules for all of this seem to be changing quickly.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...tart-here.html
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:29 am

Thanks, but most of this is outdated information
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:39 am

Thanks, but most of this is outdated information
I know, have some patience let the dust settle down then U will see clarity.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:52 am
Suspended

dont know how to tell you this but youre gonna have to get up off your chair and walk away from your computer. Get into your car and start driving around and walking into different places and ask if they sell MOs , dont tell them anything but that you will be using a Debit Card if they should ask

Worse comes to worse you strike out, if you arent willing to do this little bit on your own, you Never should have gotten involved with this game. Last resort stop using your CCs and use the cards you have in hand for all your purchases till you drain them all and then forget you ever heard about MSing
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by craz
dont know how to tell you this but youre gonna have to get up off your chair and walk away from your computer. Get into your car and start driving around and walking into different places and ask if they sell MOs , dont tell them anything but that you will be using a Debit Card if they should ask

Worse comes to worse you strike out, if you arent willing to do this little bit on your own, you Never should have gotten involved with this game. Last resort stop using your CCs and use the cards you have in hand for all your purchases till you drain them all and then forget you ever heard about MSing
Thank you, Craz, for reminding me why I don't do FT Forums. Silly me for thinking that people here would want to be helpful. This is just hateful. And has been every time I have come here for help. Did you ever think about delivering the same information without the snark? It would go something like this:

"Unfortunately, Avery66, your best bet is going to the places that that sell money orders around you and asking them if they will accept a debit card, because this is really a hit or miss part of the MS game. If you can't find a place to buy MO's, then you should probably just use the GC's you have in hand in place of your CC's until you've depleted the funds. MS sure can be a lot of work, right? Have a lovely day and let me know if you need anything else."

See, here's the thing, Craz. You use the snark to make me appear uninformed, simple-minded and lazy. But I can assure you that your tone is far more unbecoming of you than it is to me.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:20 pm

Thank you, Craz, for reminding me why I don't do FT Forums. Silly me for thinking that people here would want to be helpful. This is just hateful. And has been every time I have come here for help. Did you ever think about delivering the same information without the snark? It would go something like this:

"Unfortunately, Avery66, your best bet is going to the places that that sell money orders around you and asking them if they will accept a debit card, because this is really a hit or miss part of the MS game. If you can't find a place to buy MO's, then you should probably just use the GC's you have in hand in place of your CC's until you've depleted the funds. MS sure can be a lot of work, right? Have a lovely day and let me know if you need anything else."

See, here's the thing, Craz. You use the snark to make me appear uninformed, simple-minded and lazy. But I can assure you that your tone is far more unbecoming of you than it is to me.

it is wrong timing.. we were just hot by another blow and you are asking for info that people are not comfortable posting on open forum.. MO locally is very YMMY and you just have to do your research. there is no hard feeling, nothing personal..
gather all the data you can from the forum, add in your own research and you will have a system to use..
best of luck
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Smile

Very nice retort

Note that Avery66 has been around for a long time.
May deserve a bit more respect.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
This forum is just overflowing with respect recently.

Originally Posted by grayland
Very nice retort

Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: Chase UR, Amex Blue (Old)
Very nice retort

Respect is bought! with posts counts lol
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:52 pm

Very nice retort

Sweet! I can't wait until I'm here long enough to be a douche, and still demand respect

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.