Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: aadvantage
Originally Posted by ttlmmky
ask for 1500 load, swipe first $500 card, enter pin, when asked if 1502.95 is the right amount, hit no and ask him to switch to 500. Repeat.
Thanks, I'll do that from now on. It will save me $6 and a lot of time.

The card can only be loaded with cash or debit in store. I use $500 metabank gift cards bought at the grocery store.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:54 pm

Has anyone been successful at opening a second one of these upon shutdown?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:38 pm

Is it dead?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Has anyone seen one of these? https://www.getscarlet.com

It's Walgreens version of the Metabank Visa BlueBird/Serve/RedCard Reloadable that's been going around recently...
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
Originally Posted by msp3
Has anyone seen one of these? https://www.getscarlet.com

It's Walgreens version of the Metabank Visa BlueBird/Serve/RedCard Reloadable that's been going around recently...
Interesting and new approaches are always welcome. It looks like theres a $1.95 fee for loading that requires a swipe?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by 1120
Interesting and new approaches are always welcome. It looks like theres a $1.95 fee for loading that requires a swipe?
It's $1.95 if they swipe your Walgreens debit card to load but free if you give them the barcode generated by the app:

"There is no fee for utilizing scan reload via your Scarlet Bank Account mobile app at a Walgreens location. A $1.95 fee will apply if loading cash by swiping your Scarlet Bank Account card at a Walgreens location. This is a per transaction fee. The amount of each Add Money transaction at Walgreens locations must be at least $20.00."

Also seems there is a $7.95 monthly fee which is waived with $500 in DD or signature-based spending. Also, "[t]
he first monthly fee is assessed within 24 hours of registration and cannot be waived."

I'm not sure if WG accepts debit card loads in the first place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.