Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:45 pm

I don't think it's the fees that's the problem, it's the load methods. I don't think you can do a credit load (at least not according to the rules). Not sure what it is in practice.

How do I reload my card?

Cash: Simply take your cash and your Balance Financial Prepaid MasterCard to any Walgreens near you and tell the checkout cashier you want to load funds to your card. The cashier will scan your card, load the cash on your card, and collect the $2.95 reload fee. Funds will be available on your card in minutes.
Check: You may deposit a payroll, tax refund or government check to your card at any Walgreens or Duane Reade store. The funds will be automatically loaded onto your Balance Financial Prepaid MasterCard.*
PIN Debit: You may transfer funds from any other account using PIN debit. Simply present the debit card and your Balance Financial Prepaid MasterCard to a checkout cashier at any Walgreens near you. The cashier will swipe your debit card and ask you to enter that card’s PIN number. The cashier will then load the funds onto your Balance Financial Prepaid MasterCard. Funds will be available on your card in minutes. A $2.95 reload fee will apply.
Direct Deposit: You can get your paychecks or government checks directly deposited into your Balance Financial Prepaid MasterCard. Simply log into your Balance Financial online account and go to the Add Money section to download and print a direct deposit form, or write down your routing and account number and give it to your payroll or benefits provider.
Bank Transfer: You can transfer money from your bank, credit union, or other financial institution to your Balance Financial Card via ACH.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Established thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...method-ms.html
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:26 pm

You can use cc to load but it's capped at $2.95
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by pier11
Thanks for the link, looks like it it is more trouble than it's worth for MS.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by jewsus
You can use cc to load but it's capped at $2.95
LOL. At least VRs are capped at $3.95.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Move along.... Nothing to see. Hehe.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: 1&2
Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
Has anyone tried a $1500 load using three $500 GCs?
I was just investigating this card. Has anyone done the 3*500 gc load?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Yes it is possible
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:42 am

Not worth it

I tried this a while back and ran into random fees, tellers not knowing what the load limits are and most importantly being shutdown twice.

If you ask me its not worth the time or high fees. The card is backed by the same company 9Bancorp) that does some of the other prepaid stuff only this one is worse and activity is more heavily scrutinized. I quickly cancelled my card and found better alternatives.

I recommend taking your money and time elsewhere.

Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:49 am

Not worth it

I tried this a while back and ran into random fees, tellers not knowing what the load limits are and most importantly being shutdown twice.

If you ask me its not worth the time or high fees. The card is backed by the same company (Bancorp) that does some of the other prepaid stuff only this one is worse and activity is more heavily scrutinized. I quickly cancelled my card and found better alternatives.

I recommend taking your money and time elsewhere.

Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:50 am

Do not use this card unless you want to deal with major headaches, shutdowns, returned payments, locked funds, accusations of ML, etc. etc.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by jewsus
Do not use this card unless you want to deal with major headaches, shutdowns, returned payments, locked funds, accusations of ML, etc. etc.
I agree, not worth the headache over the tiny amount of MS capacity you gain from it.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:21 pm

Why wouldn't it work with ST or UFB direct debit cards?
For $7500 you'd be paying $30 (5x load, 3x bank CA) or just $15 (unload via 15x WG ATM).

Are you allowed to have more than one? would save WG trips. Also, besides $1500/day, is there any other load limit? couldn't find one in the terms PDF.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:54 am

im done with this card. WG has not trained their employees on how to handle it, so everyone thinks i'm an alien with three arms when i bring my card up to reload. worst, the register doesn't auto-drain so I have to take my $50s from QT to Wally.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Through Saturday Walgreens is offering
BFPMC for free with online coupon or in-store coupon!!?
I assume each visit to store = ability to get 1 card?
So is there still loading-charge per load?
Does free card offer make MS scheming any more "logical"???
MS newbie asking!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.