FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1501215-bluebird-prepaid-debit-now-fdic-insurance-paper-checks-2015-a.html)

nwflyboy Jan 8, 2015 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by StrandedinSLC (Post 24128586)
VGC to BB @ Wally checkout today posted as "American Express Serve reload" as opposed to "bluebird POS."
Anyone else have this happen?

Only everyone.

StrandedinSLC Jan 8, 2015 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 24129136)
Only everyone.

1st time for me. :/

nittanylion1 Jan 9, 2015 4:49 am

Originally Posted by bobunf (Post 24128049)
I somehow got confused between the pin codes for the two cards I was loading. Reading one and swiping the other - really stupid. Boy, was she happy to see that "Tender not allowed" pop up.

I just did this. Took me two days to figure out what the heck I did wrong. :rolleyes: Hope you get her again!

Originally Posted by StrandedinSLC (Post 24128586)
VGC to BB @ Wally checkout today posted as "American Express Serve reload" as opposed to "bluebird POS."
Anyone else have this happen?

Yep. I was puzzled, too, but the money landed safely in my BB account, so all good!

tigerhunt2011 Jan 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by nittanylion1 (Post 24131051)
I just did this. Took me two days to figure out what the heck I did wrong. :rolleyes: Hope you get her again!

Yep. I was puzzled, too, but the money landed safely in my BB account, so all good!

I received this too. Makes me worry about the Serve/BB reloading backend...

mberlew Jan 13, 2015 7:48 am

Is anyone else having problems paying bills the past couple days? I keep getting an error "Please Enter a Valid Account Number" when trying to pay either my mortgage or credit card, and these are accounts I've been paying consistently for 2 years.

Mamibear Jan 13, 2015 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mberlew (Post 24156859)
Is anyone else having problems paying bills the past couple days? I keep getting an error "Please Enter a Valid Account Number" when trying to pay either my mortgage or credit card, and these are accounts I've been paying consistently for 2 years.

I encountered this recently and all I did was go to settings and remove a dash on my account number and it went through. I just checked if my payment posted and it's all good.

UFGator4life Jan 13, 2015 8:41 am

Yes, I'v been reading a lot, to get up to speed. It seems that the game slightly changed recently, but the basic principles remained the same. Anyway just one questions.

It appears that VGC can still be bought and redeemed via different method to BB. Can you still pick these VGCs (variable Vanilla) up at the local Pharmacy w/CC (Florida) and liquidate them at Wally using BB. The Wiki said you can load $2.5k/day. Still correct? I have my tuition due that I have to pay, but prefer pay it and get points at the same time using my CC.

lumangoy Jan 13, 2015 8:56 am

Originally Posted by UFGator4life (Post 24157172)
Yes, I'v been reading a lot, to get up to speed. It seems that the game slightly changed recently, but the basic principles remained the same. Anyway just one questions.

It appears that VGC can still be bought and redeemed via different method to BB. Can you still pick these VGCs (variable Vanilla) up at the local Pharmacy w/CC (Florida) and liquidate them at Wally using BB. The Wiki said you can load $2.5k/day. Still correct? I have my tuition due that I have to pay, but prefer pay it and get points at the same time using my CC.

try to find something else (non Vanilla), unless you want to load 49.99 at a time.

mberlew Jan 13, 2015 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24156977)
I encountered this recently and all I did was go to settings and remove a dash on my account number and it went through. I just checked if my payment posted and it's all good.

That worked - thanks!

mbaker4096 Jan 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by UFGator4life (Post 24157172)

Keep reading. You're not ready yet.

Stgermainparis Jan 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Are you guys planning to keep your BBs? I've got 2 accounts and 1 RB account. I'm really torn about whether I should convert the BBs over to RBs. I think I'd likely keep at least 1 BB owing to the paper checks, which I really like. Makes paying mortgage and kids' tuition much easier. I know I could transfer to bank account and pay that way, but for various reasons I prefer the direct check.

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking there's no way RB w/ cc loads can last, thus my pause.

GamecockFan Jan 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 24162431)
Are you guys planning to keep your BBs? I've got 2 accounts and 1 RB account. I'm really torn about whether I should convert the BBs over to RBs. I think I'd likely keep at least 1 BB owing to the paper checks, which I really like. Makes paying mortgage and kids' tuition much easier. I know I could transfer to bank account and pay that way, but for various reasons I prefer the direct check.

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking there's no way RB w/ cc loads can last, thus my pause.

I liked the ability to write checks too, however I cancelled my BB yesterday and signed up for RB.

I loathe going to WM, and the only reason I ever did was to load BB. The Kate in my local WM never worked for the year that I had BB. Plus Target is much closer to my house, so I made the change.

When/if the ability to load with CC is gone who says they won't allow loads with a debit card like WM does.

ZzzzX Jan 14, 2015 6:21 am

The new terminals force you to slide with the cards far more visible to the cashiers too. And, I was in a Walmart yesterday that had a camera on the ceiling about every 8 feet. Don't think I'll go back to that one.

Stgermainparis Jan 14, 2015 7:04 am

Originally Posted by GamecockFan (Post 24162778)
I liked the ability to write checks too, however I cancelled my BB yesterday and signed up for RB.

I loathe going to WM, and the only reason I ever did was to load BB. The Kate in my local WM never worked for the year that I had BB. Plus Target is much closer to my house, so I made the change.

When/if the ability to load with CC is gone who says they won't allow loads with a debit card like WM does.

Ditto. And yes I'm sure Target will continue to allow debit loads even if not cc. May not have checks though.

hamokmonky Jan 14, 2015 7:28 am

you can always switch back to bb if target stops accepting ccs. I likely would switch back to serve for the extra 1K if that were to happen.