Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy discounted Staples/Office Max GCs for Visa/MC GCs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Hi...tried a search on this couldn't find it...thought i would post.

raise.com is having a 48hr sale for $5 off $70 in gift cards with this coupon: RA0560NG (credit to slick deals)

Buy staples or office max gift cards (staples at up to 9% off)

Use gift card combined with Ink at Staples/Office max (YMMV but I have had success doing this when bundling with other items) to get discounted VISA/MCs....
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:24 am

Except that (1) most locations do not allow using store GCs to buy Visa/AMEX GCs; and (2) the only "discount" you're getting is on the portion of the GCs paid for via a card that presumably only earns 1 point per dollar on raise.com purchases.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
HaHa. Not only will you have to get the cashier (or Mgr. likely) to let you use a GC for a GC (highly unlikely since it's against their rules) but then you'll have to split the payment too!!
Um. Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Sorry i didn't know it was hard to use the staples gift cards for the majority. For me the cashier just swiped them and ran them through (I just did this yesterday buying 4 200 GCs). No issue at all.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Sorry i didn't know it was hard to use the staples gift cards for the majority. For me the cashier just swiped them and ran them through (I just did this yesterday buying 4 200 GCs). No issue at all.
Don't listen to the trolls. Thanks for the info and contributing to the forum. Haters gonna hate.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:38 pm

I have bought amazon gift cards with office max gift cards I bought at a discount a few times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.