FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1495260-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases.html)

fangtl Oct 17, 2014 2:38 pm

I got 3x points today on the last variable on the rack.

rylan Oct 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Either management pulled all of the variable visas from stores in my area, or there are some extremely inconsiderate/rude MSers.

Went to 3 S&S today, and bare racks except for one that was full of restaurant gift cards instead of variable, so I relocated them. I checked inventory a few days ago and the racks had good supply over 50% full.

ATWBY2020 Oct 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Deleted

ATWBY2020 Oct 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Is it Visa which supposed to start on 10/19 or any ??

Thanks

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 23693623)
Lots of cards at my local Giant (Landover) today. The wedding cake card rang up fine. I did $2500 (aka, more than 3 fill-ups) at the service desk. The employee wrote down my name and info. Is there any belief that they do anything with this stuff? I just thought it was easier than doing multiple smaller transactions at the registers and possibly triggering a fraud alert.

Personally, this is the most fuel I can realistically use in a month. I'm not going to be piggy. I'll reload the rest of my BB with other cards. If I have time, I might buy a couple more on the last day of the sale to extend my free gas period.

Originally Posted by fangtl (Post 23693909)
I got 3x points today on the last variable on the rack.

UserMark Oct 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 23694017)
Either management pulled all of the variable visas from stores in my area, or there are some extremely inconsiderate/rude MSers.

Went to 3 S&S today, and bare racks except for one that was full of restaurant gift cards instead of variable, so I relocated them. I checked inventory a few days ago and the racks had good supply over 50% full.

Medford Fellsway still had a good supply this morning. Medford Salem St was out, but they said they'd order more for Thursday.

bushe Oct 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by ronnyk (Post 23693814)
Did you actually get the 3x points? It appears from the information given that this would not be going into effect until 10/19.

I got 3x at S&S this morning.

rylan Oct 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark (Post 23694132)
Medford Fellsway still had a good supply this morning. Medford Salem St was out, but they said they'd order more for Thursday.

Thanks. Probably not worth the drive for me since I'm in Marlboro area, but there is one more I'll try tomorrow that isn't too far and report back.

ronnyk Oct 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by bushe (Post 23694156)
I got 3x at S&S this morning.

Just purchased VGCs at a Philly area Giant. No points given, so it looks like not until Sunday for these Giants.

yapmrow Oct 17, 2014 9:05 pm

Got $5K today for 15k points at a Landover Giant. There was a guy in front of me buying $2K with a BCP but from our conversation he didn't appear to be an MSer, he just wanted the gas points.

iahphx Oct 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ronnyk (Post 23693814)
Did you actually get the 3x points? It appears from the information given that this would not be going into effect until 10/19.

The weeklu sales circular starts on different days of the week in different cities, so go online and check the circular for your town. I did notice that, in previous gift card promos, the gc points promo lasted for longer than the store's normal 7-day sale period (say, Friday to Friday). I thought that was to accommodate the various circular start dates around the chain. This time, though, it seems like they are limiting the promo to your individual store's 7-day sales window.

JJLeahy47 Oct 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Hey guys,
Not new to MS here but I haven't posted on flyer talk so I thought this would be a good time to chime in. I went into S&S today and received 3x points for visa gift cards. I live in MA, so if someone needs a location with cards in stock, let me know. I know a few locations north and south of Boston that have a decent inventory of variable visas. Has anyone ran into a problem with an attendant when you were filling up more than one car at the same time?

mh1361 Oct 18, 2014 5:03 am

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 23669775)
looks like 3X gas points for MB Visa coming back this week 10-17 through 10-23.

Originally Posted by TJtv (Post 23669868)
How do you find this out?

Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234 (Post 23669896)
Try googling "stop shop ad 10/17"

Originally Posted by zsnyder821 (Post 23679896)
also thanks. I'm going to look into one of those, not a fan standing there holding up 6 gallons of gas for what seems like an eternity.

also saw Giant of PA has the 3x on visa giftcards as well from 10/19-10/25

Originally Posted by fletchbo (Post 23680278)
Thanks for the notice! But where did you discover the 10/19 - 10/25 promo, 3X Visa points, as the Giant circular is not mailed until Thursdays (tomorrow) in my area of PA. I searched online and found nothing.

Originally Posted by zsnyder821 (Post 23680299)
forthemommas.com. they upload the giant ad every tuesday night/wednesday morning for the following week.

Just a PSA to READ THE THREAD when it comes to the promotions. And really, know your area. Giant of Carlisle promos start on Sunday, so if it seems weird that one starts mid-week (like S&S or Giant-Landover), then it's probably not for your area. ronnyk, it sucks that you went early and didn't receive points, but it was brutally clear from the thread when the promos were starting.

ronnyk Oct 18, 2014 7:42 am

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 23696026)
Just a PSA to READ THE THREAD when it comes to the promotions. And really, know your area. Giant of Carlisle promos start on Sunday, so if it seems weird that one starts mid-week (like S&S or Giant-Landover), then it's probably not for your area. ronnyk, it sucks that you went early and didn't receive points, but it was brutally clear from the thread when the promos were starting.

Nah, doesn't suck-- I do $2K almost every day so it was more a pointer/observation than a gripe. No worries-- I'll get my gas points tomorrow, and Monday and Tuesday, etc.

GoGreen Oct 18, 2014 9:07 am

Originally Posted by JJLeahy47 (Post 23695421)
Hey guys,
Not new to MS here but I haven't posted on flyer talk so I thought this would be a good time to chime in. I went into S&S today and received 3x points for visa gift cards. I live in MA, so if someone needs a location with cards in stock, let me know. I know a few locations north and south of Boston that have a decent inventory of variable visas. Has anyone ran into a problem with an attendant when you were filling up more than one car at the same time?

Hey nice first post. I've never had a problem filling two cars. With three I feel a little awkward. I drive a Prius so can only use nine gallons there. I go to shells and they are familiar and don't care. Might be higher chance of them minding at the s and s stations. My closest station is not self serve so I give the attendant a small tip per car. The regular attendant is only allowed to piggyback on Sunday when its not busy so I try to let him know when I will be coming on a Sunday and he PB's.

Anyone know what happens if you go over 35 gallons? Sometimes I let my brother in law and his gas guzzling gf use my number and she claims its no problem to go over. But I fear maybe it eats another 2200 points?

ATWBY2020 Oct 18, 2014 11:26 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen (Post 23696637)
Hey nice first post. I've never had a problem filling two cars. With three I feel a little awkward. I drive a Prius so can only use nine gallons there. I go to shells and they are familiar and don't care. Might be higher chance of them minding at the s and s stations. My closest station is not self serve so I give the attendant a small tip per car. The regular attendant is only allowed to piggyback on Sunday when its not busy so I try to let him know when I will be coming on a Sunday and he PB's.

Anyone know what happens if you go over 35 gallons? Sometimes I let my brother in law and his gas guzzling gf use my number and she claims its no problem to go over. But I fear maybe it eats another 2200 points?

May be silly question
Assuming 3X like points yield tons of points
What you folks do the points you may not able to use before expire ??

Thanks