Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhateverDude
Please report any successful debit transactions after 8/1/2013 on the wiki. Currently majority of reports indicate failure after 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Cannot unload at Walmart as of 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Retailers listed
Home Depot Sears Ace True Value Lowes Orchard Supply Menards Northern Tool & Equipment Restoration Hardware Tractor Supply Stores Lumber Liquidators Do It Best 84 Lumber United Hardware Aubuchon Hardware Handy Hardware Harbor Freight Sherwin Williams Kelly Moore Dunn Edwards Benjamin Moore ToolUp.Com

List of retailers that accept HIGC to buy other Gift cards

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears
Print Wikipost

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Something seems funny about this one...
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by raghu455
May be you got one of the older ones which dont work? Where did you buy it from and did they have a huge stock?
This truly is quite dangerous - no way to know old from new???
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Nothing to see here people, seems like the deal is a bust, you can all ignore it now.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
Dangerous? Seriously?

So don't put $500 on the card. Try the $20 min. and test it out.

Honestly, if you can't afford to float a hundred dollars or so while you investigate, I wouldn't be playing this game.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:29 pm
jyx

Originally Posted by raghu455
May be you got one of the older ones which dont work? Where did you buy it from and did they have a huge stock?
Bought one from CSV. Yes, there was a stack.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
It's only dangerous if you do this blindly. Test a small amount by loading to BB, if it doesn't work STOP. If it works, proceed to buy out the entire OD you got it from.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K
tried it out during my lunch break a few min ago, bought the min amount, and it worked at WM. Kinda scared of buying a bunch of them and not have them work
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:35 pm

I don't know about new or old, but my today's 2 tials, the cards had 07/20 (1st, $250) and 08/20 (2nd, $500) expiration dates. Both were purchased today. The $500 came from OD, the $250 came from...
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jyx
Bought one from CSV. Yes, there was a stack.
If you see a very large stack then it is possible that they may have both old and new and is much more riskier. Over the coming few weeks, hopefully there will be new stock to exploit.
Could you share the front and back of the HIGC? May be there is a serial no or something that may indicate the age of the card?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:39 pm

bought one from OD. Trying to register zip into the card and the site showing error message:

System Error
Please fix the error below to login

We have encountered an issue with your Account. To contact a customer service representative, please call the toll free number located on the back of the card.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
tried it out during my lunch break a few min ago, bought the min amount, and it worked at WM. Kinda scared of buying a bunch of them and not have them work
This makes the most sense buy it only knowing you will be heading to a WM shortly after. It is printed on the folder that it can take up to 24 hrs till the card itself is activated. Just dont buy say more then a couple at a time to play it safe
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by oozze
bought one from OD. Trying to register zip into the card and the site showing error message:

System Error

We have encountered an issue with your Account. To contact a customer service representative, please call the toll free number located on the back of the card.
You dont need to register the zip into the card
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by oozze

System Error

Just you know, you don't need to register at all.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by craz
This makes the most sense buy it only knowing you will be heading to a WM shortly after. It is printed on the folder that it can take up to 24 hrs till the card itself is activated. Just dont buy say more then a couple at a time to play it safe
Call the 18777706416 for activation status...if ready to use or not.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by craz
i checked the card's balance before i went to WM to make sure the funds were already there.

ps: the kiosk's super high volume is VERY annoying lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.