Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to ebay gift cards?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:01 pm

My Grandma wanted to sell me GCs to SeaBay, can I use those here?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle
Do you mean eBay? They have those at Kroger and you might initially think you can use them like the HIGC deal because of the card number but it doesn't work. You can do some interesting things on eBay with a paypal cash out but only if you get the 4x gas points and can max them out for 35 gallons. Otherwise the fees will kill you.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Father-of-3
Do you mean eBay? They have those at Kroger and you might initially think you can use them like the HIGC deal because of the card number but it doesn't work. You can do some interesting things on eBay with a paypal cash out but only if you get the 4x gas points and can max them out for 35 gallons. Otherwise the fees will kill you.
My credit union gives me 1point/$, I should be ok, right?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:17 pm

My credit union gives me 1point/$, I should be ok, right?
1 pt/$ on Ebay purchases, or gas purchases?
You need to stack these with gas purchases (usually at the pump) to make it a viable play.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tuppins
You need to stack these with gas purchases (usually at the pump) to make it a viable play.
But how do I purchase GCs from the pump?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:24 pm

LOL, noob.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:01 pm

They seriously need an app that calculates potential rewards into the gas buddy prices. Is Costco really cheaper when you factor in the fact you can only use certain cards?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:05 am

Why are you resurrecting all these old threads?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by horseymen
They seriously need an app that calculates potential rewards into the gas buddy prices. Is Costco really cheaper when you factor in the fact you can only use certain cards?
Not only that, but the cost of having to drive further to fill up! I won't drive across town to save .02 on gas. I burn more getting there!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:56 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuppins

I think he means not from the grocery side if the gas station is also a store. Make sure your transaction is from the gas station and doesn't come in as groceries. Unless of course you have a Gas, Grocery, Drugstore card which will be win/win and you can buy twice as much.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Father-of-3
I think he means not from the grocery side if the gas station is also a store. Make sure your transaction is from the gas station and doesn't come in as groceries. Unless of course you have a Gas, Grocery, Drugstore card which will be win/win and you can buy twice as much.
The classic double dip!!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:23 pm

I'm still out my gas rewards from OBC from the shutdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.