Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa GC at Weis Markets = CC points + Gas Points + Free stuff

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Weis Markets is a grocery chain in PA, MD, DC, VA, DE, NJ and NY. You earn Weis Reward points from shopping on grocery (1x) and pharmacy (100 points), and gift cards (2x or 4x). Reward points expire on a rolling (holiday) basis. Check your receipt and phone app.

GCs normally earn 2x or 4x Weis Reward points. Some (or most) Weis stores carry $500 GCs and now accept credit card payments for GCs. Most will check ID and verify credit cards.

You redeem Weis Reward points for grocery items and gas discount.

The gas discount is $0.10 for 100 points, up to $1.00 and 20 gallons each fill. Points can be redeemed at Weis Gas N Go, Sheetz, High's, Mirabito and Carroll Motor Fuels.

Grocery discount normally 2 items per household. Either free item or discount price per pound. You can also redeem points for 5% discount coupons.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC at Weis Markets = CC points + Gas Points + Free stuff

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2023, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by bbsearchlight
Does anyone still do the Weis gas rewards with buying Visa gift cards? I had been earning 2 points per $1 for a $500 visa gift card (1,000 points) but today I went in and it only gave me 500 points for the visa gift card. I'm wondering if this is because they are running a promotion in May and they coded something wrong?
Did you get the same packaging as usual? I noticed some stores have some new cards with higher fees now. There also used to be one that would ring up at only $4.95 fee even though it said $5.95, but last time I got some it rang up normally.
​​​​​​
Old May 2, 2023, 9:51 am

New signs at local stores 2 weeks saying Visa/MC/Amex would not earn any points. The Visa/MC cards are BHN so haven't seen much reason to risk not getting any points and have a headache converting the cards due to the on-going BHN fiasco. Good to know at least they still earn some points.
Old May 2, 2023, 4:40 pm

I think the 2x points is the normal on gift cards and doesn't end, since it says on the Weis website "Earn 2x Weis Rewards Points for every $100 spent on qualifying gift cards."

However, for the month of May they are running a promo of 4x points on all gift cards, so I am wondering if they somehow messed up when they coded something. I have found in the past when they run the special promos it rarely ends up getting the correct amount of points.

I guess I will have to wait until June when this promo ends to see if it gets back to the normal 2X points.
Old May 2, 2023, 4:44 pm

I got the Visa Balloons gift card UPC 076750459382. It rang up at $4.95 fee (even though it says $5.95 on the package) but only gave 500 points instead of the 1000 I usually get for buying a $500 gift card.

Since they are running a promo during May of 4x points, I wonder if they messed something up in coding. I guess I will have to wit until June when this promo is over and then we can see if it reverts back to the normal 1000 points.
Old May 2, 2023, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got the Visa Balloons gift card UPC 076750459382. It rang up at $4.95 fee (even though it says $5.95 on the package) but only gave 500 points instead of the 1000 I usually get for buying a $500 gift card.

Since they are running a promo during May of 4x points, I wonder if they messed something up in coding. I guess I will have to wit until June when this promo is over and then we can see if it reverts back to the normal 1000 points.
I've bought Visa/MC gift cards at Weis occassionally since the Giant/Shell deal ended. I noticed last summer that the Weis website said these specific GCs would not earn points. But they seem to credit anyway. I've also noticed that these GCs bought in MD often only credit 1x points. I've called their customer service desk and immediately gotten the extra 500 points.

But I assume this is a mistake and they don't really want to give you points on these cards. And since they're Blackhawk, you may decide they're not worth the trouble.
Old May 4, 2023, 8:43 am

I've been earning 2X's points on the VGC's for the last year or so. There was a short promo of 4X's, but then it reverted back to the 2X's. Like others have mentioned, the $4.95 fee changed to $5.95 a few weeks ago, and then this week I only earned 1X on the blue bhn gift cards.

At 1X, it no longer seems worth it to me, as Sunoco charges about $.30 more a gallon in my area than Costco, to begin with. Even taking the $1 off per gallon, makes it a break-even proposition after fees.
Old May 9, 2023, 2:58 pm

I went in today and bought $100 in staples gift cards and I only got credited 100 points (1 point per dollar). So it is as I suspected, during the promo period they coded these wrong so instead of doubling it from 2 points per dollar to 4 points per dollar, they halved it to one point per dollar.

So I suspect it will revert back to the normal 2 points per dollar once the promo period is over at the end of the month.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 7:33 am

Still only received 1X points on the $5.95 blue VGC's, so it looks like June may be a repeat of May, or 1X will be the new norm.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 12:05 pm

Any one tried after all gc promotions ended?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:32 pm

It looks like the jig is up, I bought a $500 Visa gift card today and it earned 0 points. They must have finally coded it correctly so that Visa/Mastercard gift cards do not earn any points.
TTT103 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 3:07 pm

It looks like the jig is up, I bought a $500 Visa gift card today and it earned 0 points. They must have finally coded it correctly so that Visa/Mastercard gift cards do not earn any points.
Looks like it. I didn't get any points last week but got customer service to award them...

This week she showed me the terms
https://www.weismarkets.com/gift-card-rewards

None on visa and mc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.