Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:00 pm

Master Card (debit) from Staples did not at WM

Just came back from local WM. Had 3x200 Visa debit (purchased from Best Buy) and 1x200 MC debit (purchased from Staples). Was buying MO for 799.30 using these debit cards, those 3 Visa gebit worked but MC did not.

So are these MC gebits are a NO-GO? Can someone please confirm.

Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by ngupta
Just came back from local WM. Had 3x200 Visa debit (purchased from Best Buy) and 1x200 MC debit (purchased from Staples). Was buying MO for 799.30 using these debit cards, those 3 Visa gebit worked but MC did not.

So are these MC gebits are a NO-GO? Can someone please confirm.

Thanks
After you swipe the MC gebit hit the cancel button and change the payment method to debit. You have only a second to do so.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Zgirl
After you swipe the MC gebit hit the cancel button and change the payment method to debit. You have only a second to do so.

I was not even given that option. I know which one you're talking about. I am familiar w/that during my BB days. Once MC gebit was swiped, it printed a small receipt and signature screen showed up (however I saw the cancel button there) but this would not help.

I will try again today (same WM but different register). Anyone has any insight?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:43 am

I was not even given that option. I know which one you're talking about. I am familiar w/that during my BB days. Once MC gebit was swiped, it printed a small receipt and signature screen showed up (however I saw the cancel button there) but this would not help.

I will try again today (same WM but different register). Anyone has any insight?

Sometimes the cancel option doesn't appear on the screen, you just have to keep swiping until you get the cancel button and then hit it fast! I just did the same transaction of a $799.30 MO at WM with 200 MC gebits from Staples and it worked. Don't forget, there are only 4 swipes allowed so i would mix it with visa gebits which work without any issues.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt
The Wal-Mart cashier cannot hit the enter button for the tender amount until AFTER you hit the cancel/debit combo.

I have done a lot of testing with my ladies at WalMart.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Zgirl
Sometimes the cancel option doesn't appear on the screen, you just have to keep swiping until you get the cancel button and then hit it fast! I just did the same transaction of a $799.30 MO at WM with 200 MC gebits from Staples and it worked. Don't forget, there are only 4 swipes allowed so i would mix it with visa gebits which work without any issues.

Thanks for the input. I may have swiped my MC gebit atleast 6 times and got the same results. NO LUCK. I will try again today (may be at different terminal at CSR).
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:35 pm

Worked this time

Thanks for the input. I may have swiped my MC gebit atleast 6 times and got the same results. NO LUCK. I will try again today (may be at different terminal at CSR).

UPDATE: Just came back from the same WM, tried different terminal and this time MC gebit worked. Cannot imagine why it did not work yesterday. Anywho...

While I was there bought me some prepaid Visa (4.94 fee) and used them to buy MO (saved me a trip).

Lesson learned: MC gebit not that easy to use whereas Visa gebits were breeze. Also, prior to heading to this specific WM, I tried another WM and they asked me to show them the debit and I could not use it (did not have my name). YMMV
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today at the Waukesha WM I was told that they would no longer allow purchase of MOs with multiple GCs, citing fraud concerns. I'd only been using it 2 months. Good thing I'm almost done with MS.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Today at the Waukesha WM I was told that they would no longer allow purchase of MOs with multiple GCs, citing fraud concerns. I'd only been using it 2 months. Good thing I'm almost done with MS.
Retiring, hunh? :P
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Hallelujah!!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:16 pm

I bought a VGC at a WM in WI once (Franklin I believe.) The gal was so scared to sell me just one lol.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Hope this is just a regional issue.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott LT Titanium
I think it is more of a YMMV. depends on the cashier, I found that if I go to WM earlier in the day, I get the MO with split payment without much of an issue.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by josh1573
I think it is more of a YMMV. depends on the cashier, I found that if I go to WM earlier in the day, I get the MO with split payment without much of an issue.
Exactly. After being told "only debit cards with your name on it" by one CSR, thanking him and walking away, I had no trouble the next day with a different CSR in a different shift at the same WM. But it's true that the game is getting harder every day...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:20 pm

UPDATE: Just came back from the same WM, tried different terminal and this time MC gebit worked. Cannot imagine why it did not work yesterday. Anywho...

While I was there bought me some prepaid Visa (4.94 fee) and used them to buy MO (saved me a trip).

Lesson learned: MC gebit not that easy to use whereas Visa gebits were breeze. Also, prior to heading to this specific WM, I tried another WM and they asked me to show them the debit and I could not use it (did not have my name). YMMV
Used some MCGC today because VGCs were out.

I think if the CSR inputs the amount before you swipe, the cancel button doesn't show up. I think that's what happened when the first time I swiped and the amount was already entered, instead of entering the amount after I swipe with MCGCs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.