Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Old Sep 22, 2013, 6:58 pm
Suspended

The best way I know of is to buy two $1000 mo's in one transaction, the total comes to 2001.40, but since its one swipe, you get charged only one .50 cent fee by MVD, which is better than if you bought the two mo's separately and got charged $1.
You people dealing with all these issues need to go to a walmart where the customers are mostly wearing ties instead of looking like peopleofwalmart.com. and of course you need to wear a tie too. A mile-long line for the money center is a sign of a crappy walmart. A walmart without a kiosk or money center is where its at up in this ......
I know .50 cents is no biggie, but we are talking small percentages here to begin with, so it does make a difference to me.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:46 am
wcj

I hate to be the one to tell ya, but do more and you will eventually be the one who is waiting on MOs when they are out of MO paper. Tie or no tie.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:11 pm

$950 MO limit?

I went to Walmart today to buy my first MO for $1000.
But the clerk told me maximum I can buy is $950. I didn't bother to call the management and just paid $950.70 for the MO.

Is this a new limit or is the clerk just clueless?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
The clerk is just clueless.

I wouldn't argue with the clerk though, just avoid him/her. In this business, we do not want to get attention to what we are doing.

Originally Posted by d237
I went to Walmart today to buy my first MO for $1000.
But the clerk told me maximum I can buy is $950. I didn't bother to call the management and just paid $950.70 for the MO.

Is this a new limit or is the clerk just clueless?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:00 am

So my walmart where I have been buying maybe 8k per week in MOs and 8K per week in billpay does not want my business. Or at least they want me to speak to their asset protection manager before they take any more transactions - any thoughts. I am going to talk to the guy. It is by far the closest WM
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by pwm112
So my walmart where I have been buying maybe 8k per week in MOs and 8K per week in billpay does not want my business. Or at least they want me to speak to their asset protection manager before they take any more transactions - any thoughts. I am going to talk to the guy. It is by far the closest WM
A proctologist will always entertain an interview as they are strapping the gloves on. Results are still the same as if they just did it quietly, your a$$ being more sore than before you went in.

Best to avoid the glove in this instance, your bottom will thank you for it. @:-)
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by pwm112
Originally Posted by pcharles
A proctologist will always entertain an interview as they are strapping the gloves on. Results are still the same as if they just did it quietly, your a$$ being more sore than before you went in.

Best to avoid the glove in this instance, your bottom will thank you for it. @:-)
Switching to another local WalMart might not solve the problem and arguably might look even more suspicious. You have a judgment call here. I'm inclined to say talk to the guy if nothing else for any intel you might get and to let him know unequivocally your behavior is 100% legal. Best case scenario they let you continue with the billpay and MO purchases. Worst case scenario, they file a report they were going to file anyway but add your claim that you engaged in the behavior for miles/points.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Slickw
Switching to another local WalMart might not solve the problem and arguably might look even more suspicious. You have a judgment call here. I'm inclined to say talk to the guy if nothing else for any intel you might get and to let him know unequivocally your behavior is 100% legal. Best case scenario they let you continue with the billpay and MO purchases. Worst case scenario, they file a report they were going to file anyway but add your claim that you engaged in the behavior for miles/points.
Agree with this. Go chat with him. They already don't want your business, talking to him can't make it worse. Let us know how it goes.

Chances are she/he wont be able to comprehend what you are doing and will just assume it is fraudulent and tell you not to come around anymore. "Normal" WM clients dont spend 16K/week in the money center.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by cashback
Agree with this. Go chat with him. They already don't want your business, talking to him can't make it worse. Let us know how it goes.
Yup, if they are currently thinking Meth lab I don't think it will hurt you to go on record as doing it for miles. They don't want your business as it is now so I don't see much downside.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
How not to buy MOs at WM..
So this guy bought $4000 in MO .. each 499.30
He was just leaving the GCs on the counter and filling out the MO right there as well..i was like face palm...

link to the image.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/gflo.jpg/
Old Sep 29, 2013, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
He was just leaving the GCs on the counter and filling out the MO right there as well..i was like face palm...

link to the image.
haha thats awsome... I cant believe you got a pic too! lol Some people...

He's got to be on FT. Someone fess up...

Last edited by cashback; Sep 29, 2013 at 5:53 am
Old Sep 29, 2013, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80

link to the image.

LOL

Why get $499.30 instead of $999.30?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
He is a fan of Arrows and Circles
Old Sep 29, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by tsmith12
LOL

The CSR got fed up and was like.. you know you can buy a $1000 one.. he was like really.....lol
Old Sep 29, 2013, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by cashback
haha thats awsome... I cant believe you got a pic too! lol Some people...

He's got to be on FT. Someone fess up...
I couldnt resist it.. Even my wife was like.. WTH......lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.