Best site to buy discounted gift cards?

Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:23 pm

Anyone have advice on the best way to maximize cashback with Target.com purchases?

I have about $500 worth of shopping to do in the not so distant future. Raise has the best cashback for GCs in that price range (approx 6%) plus the TCB or BeFrugal gets you 2% CB on top of that.

But then there's the actual purchase on Target.com.

Cashback Watch says I can get as much as 6.3% Cashback and I think these CB website will work with GCs as long as you aren't using ShopDiscover (which requires a Discover card be used for the purchase)

If that doesn't work how about the REDcard which is linked to your checking account? Seems you get an automatic 5% off your bill but I wanted to make sure I would still get CB from the CB websites if I use the Redcard.

Looking for the Maximum Cashback is all. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Anyone have advice on the best way to maximize cashback with Target.com purchases?

I have about $500 worth of shopping to do in the not so distant future. Raise has the best cashback for GCs in that price range (approx 6%) plus the TCB or BeFrugal gets you 2% CB on top of that.

But then there's the actual purchase on Target.com.

Cashback Watch says I can get as much as 6.3% Cashback and I think these CB website will work with GCs as long as you aren't using ShopDiscover (which requires a Discover card be used for the purchase)

If that doesn't work how about the REDcard which is linked to your checking account? Seems you get an automatic 5% off your bill but I wanted to make sure I would still get CB from the CB websites if I use the Redcard.

Looking for the Maximum Cashback is all. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Depending on what you purchase could change your cashback rate on TopCashBack. If it does, then you should use a portal like Ultimate Rewards or ShopDiscover (the Discover card may or may not be required, you should test this out first).

For maximum savings, buy discounted GC's, then use a portal. The RED card is 5% off of what's charged, not the total as what the cashback portals give you.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by jm38750n
Depending on what you purchase could change your cashback rate on TopCashBack. If it does, then you should use a portal like Ultimate Rewards or ShopDiscover (the Discover card may or may not be required, you should test this out first).

For maximum savings, buy discounted GC's, then use a portal. The RED card is 5% off of what's charged, not the total as what the cashback portals give you.
Im looking to buy back to school clothes so according the terms of the CB I should be good to get the max amount. The only problem I have with GCs from Raise is you cant get the exact amount you want. You'll probably have $$$ left over or you'll spend more than you want/need just to use it up. Im not a big Target shopper.

So there's no problem using GCs with cashback sites? Merchants payout regardless of the payment method?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
One more tip. If your kiddo is off to college like ADK, Jr. and his college has a B&N Bookstore you can buy discounted B&N cards to offset college book costs.
I would never buy books at B&N college bookstore. There are a complete ripoff.
Much better deal elsewhere especially in the pdf land. No reason to pay a textbook that will be scarcely used for 3 weeks $100 when the author of said book gets at most $10.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:56 pm

Might be a silly question but are any of the GCs purchased through these websites able to load into BB or buy MOs at walmart? What options do we have for BB/MOs, only the VRs and GCs purchased through Chase or OD?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:39 am
Suspended

Smile Best site to buy discounted gift cards? ...

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Might be a silly question but are any of the GCs purchased through these websites able to load into BB or buy MOs at walmart? What options do we have for BB/MOs, only the VRs and GCs purchased through Chase or OD?
Here is the website where I used to buy gift cards.

https://www.giftcardspread.com
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: flyertalk
You can visit shop UQUID

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.