Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:18 pm

Yep, $2000 triggers the lock. Load $499.99 on the last card.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:22 pm

Thanks. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:31 pm

This was taken directly off the Wiki in the Walmart ATM broken thread.

"You can only load up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes.

If you go over that, the machine will freeze and a store manager will be notified to come fix the machine.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, kate will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it.

NOTE: YMMV depending on location. In Florida after $1500 a store manager is notified not $1999.99"
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by GeorgeMilesArnold
When the error is triggered, the machine displays a message indicating that I need staff assistance. Then top of the kate has a bright red light that strobes. Very quickly, I have 4 employees rush over.
I wish the staff at my local WMs had that sense of urgency. At my WMs, the red light on top of Kate is almost always on and the staff couldn't care less.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by georgemilesarnold
several times this month i have had an issue when loading bb with ov at the kate machine. I am starting to narrow down the trigger.

When the error is triggered, the machine displays a message indicating that i need staff assistance. Then top of the kate has a bright red light that strobes. Very quickly, i have 4 employees rush over. They indicated that something told them this was "urgent"

it displayed the transaction amount on the screen and required an assistant manager to reset the kate.

Here are the steps that will trigger the alert:

I will load $500 x 2 onto the first bb card
then i load $500 onto the second card and attempt to load another $500 on to it.

...then the error(or alert) is triggered. I can't help but wonder if this is related to the $2k mo limit. Is there a undisclosed $2k transaction limit? Next time i might try making the last transaction 499.99 to see if the same thing happens

i am wondering if anyone else is having similar issues. What is the true cause of this error/alert?

Last edited by kingrat; Jun 18, 2014 at 7:34 am
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by bribro
I wish the staff at my local WMs had that sense of urgency. At my WMs, the red light on top of Kate is almost always on and the staff couldn't care less.
This.

Walmart employees in my stores couldn't care less about it.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:57 am

The employees at my store rush over like it is an EMERGENCY. They acted like I was trying to rob the machine or something.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeMilesArnold
The employees at my store rush over like it is an EMERGENCY. They acted like I was trying to rob the machine or something.
There is that little plaque on Kate that read something like ,"please report any suspicious activities"

It's even worst when I come in with headphones on my ear to plug in to Kate. Load, walk around for 10mins, load, walk around for 10 mins, load, etc
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo
There is that little plaque on Kate that read something like ,"please report any suspicious activities"

It's even worst when I come in with headphones on my ear to plug in to Kate. Load, walk around for 10mins, load, walk around for 10 mins, load, etc
There is a headphone jack on Kate? I guess I have never noticed, but that would certainly quiet her down!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
There is a headphone jack on Kate? I guess I have never noticed, but that would certainly quiet her down!
Yup. there is a headphone jack, and a volume adjuster...fyi, it doesn't work. so expect it to be pretty loud.

FYI: If you plan to use headphones.
Once you plug the headphone in, KATE will talk and talk, and you can't choose anything.

On the keypad hit 3 Enter.

She will shut up, then you can choose your options.

And if you ever make a mistake and what to get out (like hitting 2 Enter which takes you to blank screen function).
Just unplug the headphone.

Last advice. If your already click on Money card, etc already, and kate already started talking, plugging in the headphone will not stop the speaker from working.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:28 pm

Yup. there is a headphone jack, and a volume adjuster...fyi, it doesn't work. so expect it to be pretty loud.

Once you plug the headphone in, KATE will talk and talk, and you can't choose anything.

And if you ever make a mistake and what to get out (like hitting 2 Enter which takes you to blank screen function).

Last advice. If your already click on Money card, etc already, and kate already started talking, plugging in the headphone will not stop the speaker from working.
^ Good info...one of the stores I frequents must have Kate's volume turned up to 10+ and I don't need everyone and their mom hearing my $500 amounts while they loiter around the money center.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Yup. there is a headphone jack, and a volume adjuster...
She will shut up
Kate, you are so mean to me.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:48 pm

Thanks for this tip. I tried headphones once to quiet her down (I hate her yelling to everyone that I'm depositing $500) and it froze all up until I unplugged the headphones.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bob John
On Saturday my Kate said MO not available... On Sunday the WHOLE money center had big signs saying no MS until further notice.. .weird. Probably some system problem - I could buy a MO with GC at another walmart but if anything interesting happens I will let you know.
My always-working-Kate was out of order last week - with a sign taped to it saying something like: "awaiting software update". Was back up in a couple of days, but it will NOT sell MO. Now I do not know if it sold MO before, but it sure doesn't now.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
"Debit not available"

Originally Posted by particlemn
when did office depot start carrying OV One Vanilla cards, mine only has metabank 200 cards forsale with CC.
also you say the receipt said invalid payment and something about debit not being accepted, what that something is could be important to answer your question
I went to my local WM today and attempted to load 2 $500 VGCs through Kate. I had this same experience, with an error message and receipt stating "Debit not Available." I bought 5 of these VGCs yesterday at CVS, and successfully loaded 2 of them to my BB yesterday at the same WM with no issue.

I went back about ten minutes later and tried with another VGC and got the same message. Could it be possible that the debit transaction system is currently down? Sounds like a different problem than the $2k limit per ten minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.