Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by MullisMan
Also I think the only way to avoid the $1 monthly fee with the normal Serve card is to direct deposit $500 to your account
It has been waived for me every month for debit loads at WM/FD.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by MullisMan
Also I think the only way to avoid the $1 monthly fee with the normal Serve card is to direct deposit $500 to your account. Since I'm only using it to load cash and GC's I'm going to close my current Serve card and sign up for the monthly fee with no loading fees version.
you don't have to DD as long you're loading at least $500 online or in-store a month. IF you live in NY,TX or VT, you can get the green Serve and you'll not be charged the monthly maintenance fees and no fee to load at WM.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:28 am

Heh... "normal" serve brings up an interesting observation...

Old blue (prior to August 5, 2015)
New blue (August 2015+)
Green
Grey cash back
Grey OneVIP

What, precisely, is "normal" serve? Green is no-fee reloads, but monthly charge (which has been waived for me (Sept only since I had it) - I live in VA, so not in an exempt state. I also manage two OneVIP Serves, with no monthly fee as long I as load $500/month/each - does not have to be direct deposit only.

I'm getting the hang of this.

...Disappointed in 7-11. OneVIP is eligible for reloads at 7-11, which dot the landscape here like streetlights... BUT cash only. Mega-bummer.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
you don't have to DD as long you're loading at least $500 online or in-store a month. IF you live in NY,TX or VT, you can get the green Serve and you'll not be charged the monthly maintenance fees and no fee to load at WM.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I think I'm still going to cancel my new Blue Serve card and get the green so I don't have to pay to load every time.

Originally Posted by Gimpyknee
Heh... "normal" serve brings up an interesting observation...

Old blue (prior to August 5, 2015)
New blue (August 2015+)
Green
Grey cash back
Grey OneVIP

What, precisely, is "normal" serve? Green is no-fee reloads, but monthly charge (which has been waived for me (Sept only since I had it) - I live in VA, so not in an exempt state. I also manage two OneVIP Serves, with no monthly fee as long I as load $500/month/each - does not have to be direct deposit only.

I'm getting the hang of this.

...Disappointed in 7-11. OneVIP is eligible for reloads at 7-11, which dot the landscape here like streetlights... BUT cash only. Mega-bummer.
Yes good point. I have the New Blue card. But I'm definitely going to close that account and get the Green card so that I'm not paying extra fees. My wife already signed up for that one as well.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by kakshi425
time to drive to concord lol
Kate had been pretty reliable for a few months, I presume because of the exodus to Redbird. More recently though she's closed down or swiped too much by some newb more often than not the last couple months. I had been considering switching 1 of my Redbirds back to Serve, but with the latest freakout probably not. Sad thing is the Target nearby is probably worse as far as giftcard nazis go.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by slack455
Kate had been pretty reliable for a few months, I presume because of the exodus to Redbird. More recently though she's closed down or swiped too much by some newb more often than not the last couple months. I had been considering switching 1 of my Redbirds back to Serve, but with the latest freakout probably not. Sad thing is the Target nearby is probably worse as far as giftcard nazis go.
Recently, my old friendly Target has been rather anal about VGC (1k/day). I am hoping it is just that lady during day shift. I am going to validate that by trying it out at night with those part-time community college girls as cashier

As for Kate, I always leave a small post-it with the time of my last load while wishing the newbs can read it. However, people never read! They just load and f-it up.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Originally Posted by slack455
The closest Wally World to CCR.
I used this one this past weekend when it worked again. Yikes, hopefully all us who use it can cherish it. I've come across this one down with a "do not enter" red sign on the screen.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by kakshi425
Recently, my old friendly Target has been rather anal about VGC (1k/day). I am hoping it is just that lady during day shift. I am going to validate that by trying it out at night with those part-time community college girls as cashier

As for Kate, I always leave a small post-it with the time of my last load while wishing the newbs can read it. However, people never read! They just load and f-it up.
Reminds me of my old CVS VR days with an old lady who always treated me with eyeing suspicion. I might consider switching to RB though. 5 targets well within 10 miles from me should be more reliable than the Wally zoo.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gpen1827
Reminds me of my old CVS VR days with an old lady who always treated me with eyeing suspicion. I might consider switching to RB though. 5 targets well within 10 miles from me should be more reliable than the Wally zoo.
Check RB thread first. Reports of cash-only loads now at Target.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Check RB thread first. Reports of cash-only loads now at Target.
I know. Glad the seller of RBs I was going to buy from was out. Probably sitting on the sidelines for a while first to see this sorted out. Thankful that I was on the right side of things in this round of musical chairs.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:35 am

Anyone know if the Kate at Leominster, MA is working? 45 minute drive for me.. Just need to unload some VGC's I'm stuck with after the death of the bird
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:26 pm

Went to my normally reliable Kate this morning and it had a message "system starting". I did a bit of shopping and 10 min later there was no change so I went to the CS counter. Lady working gave me a hard time and wouldn't load a $500 GC, but I asked about $200 and she agreed. Acted like she was doing me the world's biggest favor and then told me there would be no more prepaid GC loads, only bank cards, due to a new law, and that was why Kate was down. I went straight to another WM and loaded the $500 GC with no issues and a smile from the CS clerk.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lpatron
Went to my normally reliable Kate this morning and it had a message "system starting". I did a bit of shopping and 10 min later there was no change so I went to the CS counter. Lady working gave me a hard time and wouldn't load a $500 GC, but I asked about $200 and she agreed. Acted like she was doing me the world's biggest favor and then told me there would be no more prepaid GC loads, only bank cards, due to a new law, and that was why Kate was down. I went straight to another WM and loaded the $500 GC with no issues and a smile from the CS clerk.
Only 10 minutes? Not surprising. Kate takes something like a half-hour to startup.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:29 pm

Tender not allowed

Anyone else having issues with mastercards? I'm getting the tender not allowed screen
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by SDBK
Anyone else having issues with mastercards ?
Credit tender is not allowed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.