Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by SeeksApproval
Actual BB thread? Which one might that be?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html

AKA "Actual Bluebird Thread"
Old Apr 7, 2014, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by SeeksApproval
Actual BB thread? Which one might that be?
/facepalm. Its has Bluebird in the title of the thread.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:27 pm

I have been going to mu local Walmart during my lunch for the past 3+ years just to walk around, shop, eat at McDonalds. Today was the first time I see the Kiosk working. Usually it has the piece of paper saying that it is down.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by sosamo
I have been going to mu local Walmart during my lunch for the past 3+ years just to walk around, shop, eat at McDonalds. Today was the first time I see the Kiosk working. Usually it has the piece of paper saying that it is down.
The piece of paper that says "broken" must be down.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Bay Area kates are terrible. I'm pretty sure the one off Davis in san leandro has never worked. In fact the "broken" sign is in its nice own protective plastic sleeve telling me that they might as well junk the thing. As far as I know the one in mountain view hasn't worked since they moved it to its new location. There is only one that consistently works, but its literally 2 feet away facing the moneycenter staff.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:21 am

I swung through 6 different WMs in the last week as I was traveling. Not a single one had a working Kate that could distribute money orders. Working with the real live people at the MoneyCenter works just fine for me.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:41 am

I've had luck with the kiosks for BB reloads for over a year in south NJ. The MO option never works though
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I visited Kate for the first time yesterday. She was very friendly to me. I saw her immediately with her big blue eyes beckoning to me. I slyly approached her and inserted my freshly minted bluebird card. She accepted willingly so I loaded again.

I thanked Kate for making my first experience with her pleasant and hassle free.

I hope I haven't been spoiled by finding Kate operational on my first attempt. I hope she is as willing on future visits to accept my bluebird.

Thanks to everyone that shares information about MS. I read thru the threads and followed the process.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:45 pm

i have yet to use kate =\ none of the wm around me have her. i heard the closest one that has it is 30 mi away. no way am i doing that!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
What does this Kiosk look like? I have seen an ATM in the MC area - is that it? Anyone have a picture?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by arsenalman
What does this Kiosk look like? I have seen an ATM in the MC area - is that it? Anyone have a picture?
It looks like a large ATM. The main screen on a working Kate has buttons for Walmart MoneyCard, Bluebird, Money Orders, ATM and other functions I never use. Some stores just have a regular ATM with no other functionality. You dont need a picture, just look at the screen and you will instantly know if you have a Kate or an ATM
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:22 pm

http://travelwithgrant.com/wp-conten.../BB-WM-ATM.png
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:23 pm
Suspended

There are 3 different ATMs (really 2). 1- is a reg ATM that you would find in any store and thats exactly what it is a reg ATM no value to MSers

Then there are the Money Center ATMs, thats the one you want, there are 2 different types from what Ive seen 1 is narrow and tall the other is wide and short. Just look at the screen if you see a bunch of boxes and just look for a box that says Bluebird in it or Walmart Money Card and pray its working

btw if you do a search on this thread there were a couple of folks who posted pics of the MC ATM and the signs pointing to them

I dont think its possible to still get MOs from the ATM, its good for loading your birds

Last edited by craz; Apr 11, 2014 at 8:49 am
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:25 pm
Suspended

this is the tall and narrow one I mentioned above there is a 2nd type that is low and wider w/o the sides to it
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by craz
There are 3 different ATMs (really 2). 1- is a reg ATM that you would find in any store and thats exactly what it is a reg ATM no value to MSers

Then there are the Money Center ATMs, thats the one you want, there are 2 different types from what Ive seen 1 is narrow and tall the other is wide and short. Just look at the screen if you see a bunch of bozes and just look for a box that says Bluebird in it or Walmart Money Card and pray its working

btw if you do a search on this thread theer were a couple of folks who posted pics of the MC ATM and the signs pointing to them

I dont think its possible to still get MOs from the ATM, its good for loading your birds
Thanks! i got excited for a second and it looks like the one i have in my WM is just a plain ATM.
Also - apologies for being lazy bum with that post. I normally do search the threads, didnt before asking that question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.