Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 8:40 pm

I have two Kates near my house. One has been OOS for a while, the other one has had either a handwritten "broken" sign and a nice printed out of order sign on it every time I go. I've loaded $5K at the "broken" one without incident.
Old May 17, 2014, 1:43 pm

I tried using a Kate the other day and for the first time used a set of earphones I happened to have with me so it wouldn't announce everything. After going through a couple of prompts it hung up the screen with a Windows 7 error. It took them three days to get it working. I won't be using earphones again!
Old May 17, 2014, 2:17 pm

Found a Kate at a walmart right by my brothers house that didnt show up on the kiosk search. I've used it a couple times, one day it was down red flashing light and all. Went back a few days later at 7pm, loaded $500 but neglected some more cards at home. Went back at 9pm and it was down again
Old May 17, 2014, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by ChesterTheLurker
Found a Kate at a walmart right by my brothers house that didnt show up on the kiosk search. I've used it a couple times, one day it was down red flashing light and all. Went back a few days later at 7pm, loaded $500 but neglected some more cards at home. Went back at 9pm and it was down again
It was down because some idiot triggered the $2K limit.
Old May 17, 2014, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
It was down because some idiot triggered the $2K limit.
Oh I'm well aware. It pisses me off knowing that there's some idiot out there who prolly read a blog and decided, well what the heck ill trying MSing without reviewing every single aspect. I can understand why knowledge is privy here and why noobs get directed to 100+ page threads to read. It's necessary. I did it and I feel like I have somewhat of a grasp on what's going on here. It makes a difference.
Old May 17, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by ChesterTheLurker
Oh I'm well aware. It pisses me off knowing that there's some idiot out there who prolly read a blog and decided, well what the heck ill trying MSing without reviewing every single aspect. I can understand why knowledge is privy here and why noobs get directed to 100+ page threads to read. It's necessary. I did it and I feel like I have somewhat of a grasp on what's going on here. It makes a difference.
Who needs to read anything?! I just take a printout of the blog with the red circles and arrows and tell all of the cashiers that I'm just trying to get free miles by cashing out Visa gift cards to my BB. I especially like to do this when I call someone over to fix the red flashing light at the kiosk. Better yet, this always seems to happen after I load $2,000, so I just finish my $2,000 worth of loads and walk away.
Old May 17, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Majuki
Who needs to read anything?! I just take a printout of the blog with the red circles and arrows and tell all of the cashiers that I'm just trying to get free miles by cashing out Visa gift cards to my BB. I especially like to do this when I call someone over to fix the red flashing light at the kiosk. Better yet, this always seems to happen after I load $2,000, so I just finish my $2,000 worth of loads and walk away.
You too?!?!?

I throw the paper down with my OV cards.
I make sure there is a picture of MMS or his wife holding up the cards so the cashier can verify I'm buying the right product.

Old May 17, 2014, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
You too?!?!?

I throw the paper down with my OV cards.
I make sure there is a picture of MMS or his wife holding up the cards so the cashier can verify I'm buying the right product.

And don't forget to plug your affiliate links at every possible opportunity!
Old May 17, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
Majuki - was that you at my local WM last week! OMG there was this guy there, probably you that literally had a stack of 200 cards on the counter! The lady knew what he was doing and just kept on printing out paper like she worked for Charmin or Staples

Either way, the writing is on the wall, the noose is getting tighter, but we will prevail!
Old May 17, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
I have store near me, the machine's PIN keypad does not seem to work properly. Every time I got to the last step - entering the debit card PIN, it just kept asking. I verified my PIN was correct. But the PIN window just keeps popping up.
Anyone else seen the same issue. It is really annoying. I prefer not going to the Walmart all the time.
Old May 17, 2014, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
Majuki - was that you at my local WM last week! OMG there was this guy there, probably you that literally had a stack of 200 cards on the counter! The lady knew what he was doing and just kept on printing out paper like she worked for Charmin or Staples
Was it the guy who had the PIN numbers written on each card in a sharpie marker? I also got a call from Chase about my "business" purchases at Staples, but I told them I had a business on eBay just like Emily.

(For the record, I don't have a Chase Ink product nor have I ever done the $200 gift cards.)
Old May 17, 2014, 10:18 pm

Either way, the writing is on the wall, the noose is getting tighter, but we will prevail!
What WM location was that?
Old May 17, 2014, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101
What WM location was that?
In the Northern Cali area - there are very few WM left that will help, like I said, the noose is closing slowly in our area, only a matter of time till it is closed.
Old May 19, 2014, 12:06 am

did anyone know whether Kate in mountain view is back?
Old May 19, 2014, 12:48 am

In the Northern Cali area - there are very few WM left that will help, like I said, the noose is closing slowly in our area, only a matter of time till it is closed.
Agreed. When nimrods show up with stacks of gcs, and think there won't be repercussions from irritated cashiers or management who sees how much time is spent servicing low profit customers (70c a MO isn't a money maker, nor are fee-free BB loads), the end is likely sooner than later. And as more WMs start refusing gcs, the load on those remaining only gets that much worse.

Showing up with dozens/hundreds of cards (and doing so in plain view) is contemptibly stupid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.