Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by fjord
Surprisingly the one in the Maui WM works like a charm!
I love that one because it sits by the door away from any registers or the money center. You can use it all you want and go unnoticed
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:56 pm
Suspended

noob ?

Finally found a place to live with WM kiosks that work (2/3).

Went to CVS and bought a 1v with a cc, no problem, came back and bingo good for MO.
Took the rejected cards to counter and paid AA CC with 3 cards, the clerk couldn't figure out how to do 1998.12 with 4 swipes, only 498.12 x4 so I spent a couple extra dollars.
Any instructions for the clerks how to run $1998.12 with 4 swipes?

Last edited by member7777; Apr 12, 2014 at 9:45 pm
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:16 pm

I tried searching, and couldn't fine a thread that talks about rapid reload...bloggers only talk about bluebird. I'm sure this is probably a silly question, but couldn't find any info except somebody saying debit cards do work.

A. I see there are a ton of cards that can be loaded at the register/kiosk for a 3.74 fee. They can all be loaded with debit... a $500 vanilla? Or even $1000+ if indiv. card limit allows?

B. Bancorp has put me on their pest list, and won't allow me to load moneypaks to several of their cards... so they are currently useless. If I can do debit reloads at walmart, would they shut me down there too?

C. If this is all possible, is it the 3.74 fee that makes this unattractive to others?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by member7777
You need to tell them to split tender.
For example, for a 1k money order, I tell them I want to pay $500, $500, and then 70 cent in that order all using debit cards.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kxc262
You need to tell them to split tender.
For example, for a 1k money order, I tell them I want to pay $500, $500, and then 70 cent in that order all using debit cards.
thanks i will try again lol
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:27 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by smitty06
I love that one because it sits by the door away from any registers or the money center. You can use it all you want and go unnoticed
Best location ever. It's also kinda hidden too when nobody is standing in front of it. It's very easy to walk by it without noticing.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:34 pm
FTA

Can someone please tell me how to enter my pin #?

After I confirm the amount I want to load it'll ask for my pin into a long rectangular box, after I enter it, it asks for my pin again, but this time instad of a rectangular box its a bunch of underscores. When I enter my pin again it just deletes my entry.

Asked CS but they didn't know
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by FTA
Can someone please tell me how to enter my pin #?

After I confirm the amount I want to load it'll ask for my pin into a long rectangular box, after I enter it, it asks for my pin again, but this time instad of a rectangular box its a bunch of underscores. When I enter my pin again it just deletes my entry.

Asked CS but they didn't know
I got the same problem at the kiosk at a local WM the last two times I tried. I'm going to submit a feedback on their website.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Rooks
I got the same problem at the kiosk at a local WM the last two times I tried. I'm going to submit a feedback on their website.
This is the sign of a broken kiosk. Search this thread for "9 digit PIN" to find previous reports. No workaround so far other than having the kiosk repaired.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by member7777
Finally found a place to live with WM kiosks that work (2/3).

Went to CVS and bought a 1v with a cc, no problem, came back and bingo good for MO.
Took the rejected cards to counter and paid AA CC with 3 cards, the clerk couldn't figure out how to do 1998.12 with 4 swipes, only 498.12 x4 so I spent a couple extra dollars.
Samething happened here and even if I say I want to split many don't know how to do it.. it was tough enough to get them to look up Mastercard and not focus on the Citi on my 2nd AA card..

BTW - 2 walmarts here both of their machines work - not for money orders of course.. i will try to load blubird next month

does the AMex giftcard work to load BB?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:38 pm
FTA

Originally Posted by lapointsguy
This is the sign of a broken kiosk. Search this thread for "9 digit PIN" to find previous reports. No workaround so far other than having the kiosk repaired.
Thanks lapointsguy!

Originally Posted by kingrat
does the AMex giftcard work to load BB?
No. BlueBird loading requires a PIN #. Amex gcs can't have PINs

Last edited by FTA; Apr 13, 2014 at 7:28 pm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
She makes $8/hr. atlease in Cali. why would she be privy to this kind of info.
Why do I see posts constantly on FlyerTalk where people assume how much money someone makes relates to their intelligence or how privy they are to information? Their is no correlation often times. It's often who you know.

Furthermore, I can't help but feel this elitist vibe from many who post here. For some, this $8 an hour provides them with all their needs. Their satisfied and live a happy life. Who are we to judge or bring up their $8 an hour job?

I've seen CEOs who make tons of money not understand the basic workings of their company. I've also seen CEOs live less fulfilling life's than people making minimum wage. Money is relative once your basic needs are met.

Last edited by Ctrix65513; Apr 13, 2014 at 6:42 pm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:38 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
today Kate was out of money at a new WM I decided to try...asked the MC worker to just sign in and clear the error so I could load my BB(s)...she said 'oh, I can do that here' everything was going smoothly until she goes what kind of debit card are you using because we don't allow those 'fancy' gift cards without your name on it...I played dumb and said could we load $500 and she refused...I'm getting annoyed at all the WMs in town playing this game...I need a Kate who will work for me or find a new avenue
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:47 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I am going to steal Kate.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
I am going to steal Kate.
In a fantasy world, how muck money could you make charging FT $1 per money order with unlimited access?
omg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.