Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:57 am

Just look for the one with the sign over it that says out of order. Can't miss it.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Surprisingly the one in the Maui WM works like a charm!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:12 pm

Let me get this straight...

If I want to purchase more than $2,000 in MOs with $500 prepaid debit cards, I need to purchase 3 @ $500, then 1 @ $499.99, and then wait 10 minutes before purchasing more?

I'd appreciate clarification on this.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by MillenniumFlyer
Let me get this straight...

If I want to purchase more than $2,000 in MOs with $500 prepaid debit cards, I need to purchase 3 @ $500, then 1 @ $499.99, and then wait 10 minutes before purchasing more?

I'd appreciate clarification on this.
No, you can do four $500. What you said is only for loading BB.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:40 pm

Thanks for the clarification. So...after I purchase $2,000 in money orders, I need to wait 10 minutes before purchasing more?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:42 pm

Had an interesting experience at WMT today. I was traveling to another part of town and went to WMT to use GCs to get MO. An old lady was at the counter and luckily no customers in line. Right when I asked her for a $999.30 MO, she was like "oh you are one of those who will want me to split pmts for $500 each, right?" I played dumb but she was quite funny and informative and told me she knew I was going to be liquidating GCs and soon enough we all were going to get into trouble as WMT corporate was in talks with law enforcement over this ILLEGAL practice. I asked her how she thought it was illegal and if it was, I'd be happy to leave and not get the MO. She was quite helpful though and said she didn't care and I could get as many as I wanted but she was just warning me ahead of time. Not sure if she was just BSing or if WMT corporate is starting to take notice.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:44 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Actually its 10:01
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Had an interesting experience at WMT today. I was traveling to another part of town and went to WMT to use GCs to get MO. An old lady was at the counter and luckily no customers in line. Right when I asked her for a $999.30 MO, she was like "oh you are one of those who will want me to split pmts for $500 each, right?" I played dumb but she was quite funny and informative and told me she knew I was going to be liquidating GCs and soon enough we all were going to get into trouble as WMT corporate was in talks with law enforcement over this ILLEGAL practice. I asked her how she thought it was illegal and if it was, I'd be happy to leave and not get the MO. She was quite helpful though and said she didn't care and I could get as many as I wanted but she was just warning me ahead of time. Not sure if she was just BSing or if WMT corporate is starting to take notice.
People commonly use "illegal" for "against the rules/policy." That's probably what she meant.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:05 am

She makes $8/hr. atlease in Cali. why would she be privy to this kind of info.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
She makes $8/hr. atlease in Cali. why would she be privy to this kind of info.
Who knows..maybe the CSRs talk to each other/managers...but if an $8/hr employee can figure out MS trends, I'm sure corporate is interested too.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
I had a similar experience...was just loading 1k on my BB at the counter, and when i told her that i wanted to split it over 2 of my debit cards for 500 each, she was like, "there are so many people doing that...is that some kind of fraud or something?"

Just played it off knowing i was doing nothing wrong, and she ran it anyways while we were just chatting away...

but i feel like this is a trend that WM is definitely aware of now
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
CVS clerks are famous for throwing the term "money laundery" around, but when you ask them what it was, they can't seem to explain it...
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: Several dozen
Sounds like its time for a Walmart run!

Originally Posted by fjord
Surprisingly the one in the Maui WM works like a charm!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Sounds like its time for a Walmart run!
Walmart opportunity definitely appears to be closing... just a matter of how fast.... the newbies flocking to WM have raised red flags....
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interesting conversation at my WM MC which has always been good to me ... cashier asked if this was my only job. Said I actually had a job and she mentioned that a few people say that they make good money doing this kind of thing. I played it off, saying, "oh it helps with gas money and what not."

Some people ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.