Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 7:33 pm

So I went to my nearest Kate after a while. Unbelievable they have program the machine so it can alert the managers to come over and scoop at your transaction. The manager stands next to you watching your every move. He asks if there is any problem. I said no but he won't move. Now Does this fall under invasion of privacy? If u do this at your local bank you will certainly get arrested. What you think?
Old May 22, 2015, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Quite honestly, I don't know how it's worth anyone's time to sit there for $50 Kate swipes. $200 is sometimes annoying.
I just did it after OD promo, and yes, it is very annoying to unload in $50s
Old May 23, 2015, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pyrotalk
So I went to my nearest Kate after a while. Unbelievable they have program the machine so it can alert the managers to come over and scoop at your transaction. The manager stands next to you watching your every move. He asks if there is any problem. I said no but he won't move. Now Does this fall under invasion of privacy? If u do this at your local bank you will certainly get arrested. What you think?
I doubt Kate notify's the manager, I wonder if it's just this manager being nosey, I would ask him he minded giving you some personal space, and if he declines, ask to speak to their boss.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I doubt Kate notify's the manager, I wonder if it's just this manager being nosey, I would ask him he minded giving you some personal space, and if he declines, ask to speak to their boss.
I have been to two kates that notify an employee when I slected the Money Order tab and gotten the window saying unavailable, please go to the Money center. Both times somebody came over to ask if I needed help.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:29 am

if it was me, I'd go to customer service, check the store manager's name and call. I'd call him/her right there and see if the call goes to the person. If it does, I'd tell him/her I'm calling Bentonville about his/her actions unbecoming of a store manager.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:34 am

OMG...they are taking the AML to the next level on their own.
Old May 23, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I thought it was coincidence at first. So i tried it again few hours later and another manager (carrying some beeper) show me that they get alerts if someone using the kate. I didnt ask if is only for money order/bluebird which i was doing at that moment. .So yep, she confirmed standing right next to me..
Old May 24, 2015, 6:49 am

Anybody having load issues? Tried loading $200 vgc to Serve at Kate and money center yesterday and today (at two WM locations). Everytime, got the small slip receipt indicating load wasn't successful. Yesterday, a customer service rep said their system were down.
Old May 24, 2015, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by euric82
Anybody having load issues? Tried loading $200 vgc to Serve at Kate and money center yesterday and today (at two WM locations). Everytime, got the small slip receipt indicating load wasn't successful. Yesterday, a customer service rep said their system were down.
No problems with Kate for me yesterday on 500 and 100 VGCs
Old May 24, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I couldn't make a $49.99 Vanilla load today. Did a software update occur overnight that forbids loads to Serve now?
Old May 24, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Preacher7
I couldn't make a $49.99 Vanilla load today. Did a software update occur overnight that forbids loads to Serve now?
I did several 49.99 loads at a Walmart kiosk this morning with a vanilla visa gift card.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by newaroundhere

Anyone ever seen this before? Only blue ATM button worked and no Bluebird listed at all...
Saw this a while back. Loaded at registers for that day. When I went back a week later everything was back to normal. No idea what caused it.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Saw this a while back. Loaded at registers for that day. When I went back a week later everything was back to normal. No idea what caused it.
Haven't seen that but you can select MoneyCard and swipe BB as normal.
Old May 25, 2015, 4:00 pm
Suspended

I thought it was coincidence at first. So i tried it again few hours later and another manager (carrying some beeper) show me that they get alerts if someone using the kate. I didnt ask if is only for money order/bluebird which i was doing at that moment. .So yep, she confirmed standing right next to me..
OK got my flame prevention suit on.

I think the mgrs have every right to stand by and watch the person. No one stands by a kate for any more then a few moments, they do 1 transaction (usually withdrawling $$) and move on. MSers stand there for at least 1/2 if loading 2 BBs even more if loading more then 2. So we are basically telling them we are doing things which we arent supose to be doing. At a bank if they think you are trying to put a card reader or whatever to get a persons info they will stand by and watch you as well. If you weret doing anythng wrong(and yes loading GCs to a card or getting MOs is against WMS T&Cs) then they wouldnt be standing watch over you.

Id say time to hit another WM, if there is no other kate near by, either load via cashiers (a royal PITA) or switch from a BB to another card you can load at a place besides WM
Old May 25, 2015, 5:00 pm

I am happy again, Kate was back to work today after a long two week vacation, she was restocked with Money Order paper and happy to spit them out, silently. She has been mute for almost a year now. Now if was only the first of June already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.