Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Today I went to WM to load my BB via a PIN GC (from GCM), after swiping the GC and entering the PIN, the screen displayed "APPROVED" but it printed out a receipt saying "DEBIT NOT APPROVED HOST TIMEOUT". This is the first time I get that error, but as I read in another post, looks like GCM is under maintenance, I will try again tomorrow.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by fedechat
Today I went to WM to load my BB via a PIN GC (from GCM), after swiping the GC and entering the PIN, the screen displayed "APPROVED" but it printed out a receipt saying "DEBIT NOT APPROVED HOST TIMEOUT". This is the first time I get that error, but as I read in another post, looks like GCM is under maintenance, I will try again tomorrow.
That stinks.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:32 pm

Did you try it again right after? It happened to me early this month as well. It went through on my second try about 5 minutes later.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: 1&2
Can you post a copy of that receipt?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
You might want to check the GC balance to make sure it didn't get debited.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
You might want to check the GC balance to make sure it didn't get debited.
Second that. Happened to me last week and the gc was debited but bb didn't load. I'm still trying to sort it out with WM.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
it happened to me couple of days ago - I called BB and they told me they had a system wide issue. I was using normal debit card - all funds returned where they came from and it didnt affect my overall limits.
In fact on debit card it was debited, and then instantly reversed.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I tried with 3 different VGC (from Staples), I don't have those receipts anymore (I throw away this morning), but I did check the balance on one of them and it was 200 without any transaction history (canceled/revered).
For some reason, when I tried to add that gift card to my account, I got an error, but I was able to check the balance as a guest, probably because the system was down or something like that, I read that in the other thread.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Happened to me at the register last night so I repeated the process and same result. Just transferred another VGC moments earlier at the CSC. Thought maybe the checker possibly pushed the incorrect button once I entered the PIN (shown Approved). Will try later today.

Update: No issues today transferring my VGC from last night. Either a cashier error or the BB system was momentarily out of service. Business as usual^

Last edited by JetSetDave; Feb 21, 2015 at 10:04 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:25 am

Yea that happened to me at a register last week too. It showed approved on my end, then I got a receipt that I was denied. Next day I went to a Kate and all was good.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:26 pm

Happened to me as well tonight both at kiosk and the register with the same return message.
ST# xxxx OP#00006061 TE# 08 TR# 02388 DEBIT NOT APPROVED HOST TIMEOUT
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:41 pm

I haven't try it, but my bro tried loading at Kate, and no go. So I think the hardcoding started.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:24 pm

I just loaded metabank gc. 500 x 2. And a vanilla visa gc 10.00 x 1 at kate. No Issues. yes I had a vanilla gc that only had 10.00 left in it. So I gave it a shot to see if kate was hardcoded for all gc..since the limit was 49.99.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:37 pm

Had "DEBIT NOT APPROVED HOST TIMEOUT" issue today in Walmart Kate. May try another day.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:47 pm

Fyi. More info. My bro tried with serve/kate. I tried bb/kate. We are both in so. Cal. I loaded 5 X 500.00 meta gc. The last card I had to load twice because the first try gave me the host time out issue. 2nd time was fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.