Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by calwatch
Well, there is one working Kate that I've seen outside of my normal stomping grounds so I don't mind sharing. Pico Rivera CA was working very well yesterday afternoon. Works snappy without random timeout errors.

I've started to notice Kates that seem like they are working; the screen is on and you hear the beep when you press the button, but no response or sometimes Kate will just say "Welcome: Please select option" as if you never pressed anything.
That place is (was) usually o/o/o whenever I went in to shop. In your neck the WM on Foothill just off the I-15 (rightside if heading North) was a sure thing till a few months ago, cant rememeber the last time I saw her in the mood to eat anything
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Silver
Had my first run in with Jane and Joe Clueless yesterday. My usual Kate as been DOA since early December, so I've been driving 25 minutes to a Kate in an area I'd rather not visit. Made my run yesterday and as I round the corner I see the nice green glow and another couple standing at there. Within 2 seconds I have them pegged and so I stand a few feet back. They finish quickly and as the guy is walking by I ask "Did you push the limit on the machine?" JOe looked at me blankly and I then told him about the 10 minute dollar limit and he proceeds to tell me the loaded $5K no problem. I decided it wasn't worth further effort and head over to do my business.
I stood for a minute and then did my first $500. After that I decided it wasn't worth the risk and went shopping. As I came back to the front of the store I could see the now evil red glow with Jane and Joe standing there looking confused.
I went back by and reexplained what happened. Hopefully they will learn. Thanks Joe for wasting a trip for me.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by tridawg
Had my first run in with Jane and Joe Clueless yesterday. My usual Kate as been DOA since early December, so I've been driving 25 minutes to a Kate in an area I'd rather not visit. Made my run yesterday and as I round the corner I see the nice green glow and another couple standing at there. Within 2 seconds I have them pegged and so I stand a few feet back. They finish quickly and as the guy is walking by I ask "Did you push the limit on the machine?" JOe looked at me blankly and I then told him about the 10 minute dollar limit and he proceeds to tell me the loaded $5K no problem. I decided it wasn't worth further effort and head over to do my business.
I stood for a minute and then did my first $500. After that I decided it wasn't worth the risk and went shopping. As I came back to the front of the store I could see the now evil red glow with Jane and Joe standing there looking confused.
I went back by and reexplained what happened. Hopefully they will learn. Thanks Joe for wasting a trip for me.
Why don't you just go to a cashier to load money to your BlueBird?

Kate was down at my regular Walmart last night, but I didn't want to waste my trip to the store. Granted I had a ton of gift cards to unload, I still decided to do $1k. Cashiers never have a problem with such a small amount (at least at my location.)

If my Kate is ever dead for an extended period of time, it'll just take longer to unload since I'll only be able to do roughly $4k a day.

I walk to a front lane cashier, load $1k then I walk to the customer service desk which is out of sight and load another $1k. I could do this twice a day. Once before work and after.

I'd much rather do this then spend 50 minutes in a car and take a chance that Kate might be out of order.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by PowerMan572
Because YMMV.

I used to be able to get Maurice back at the photo counter to load a couple GCs on my BB, he was always happy to help. No more. "Only at the money center" he says now.

At the MC, last week mrs nwflyboy was attempting to load a single GC, and some manager type swooped in, uninvited and out of the blue, and demanded to see the funding card, announced loudly that "those gift cards can't be used".

Sometimes stuff works, sometimes it doesn't.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Kate was down at my regular Walmart last night, but I didn't want to waste my trip to the store. Granted I had a ton of gift cards to unload, I still decided to do $1k. Cashiers never have a problem with such a small amount (at least at my location.)

If my Kate is ever dead for an extended period of time, it'll just take longer to unload since I'll only be able to do roughly $4k a day.

I walk to a front lane cashier, load $1k then I walk to the customer service desk which is out of sight and load another $1k. I could do this twice a day. Once before work and after.

I'd much rather do this then spend 50 minutes in a car and take a chance that Kate might be out of order.
My method works best when theres tons of shoppers = the cashiers are busy. I go to a cashier at 1 end load 1 BB and then head to the other side of all the registers and load BB #2. Best if they are facing the same way, so # 1s back is to #2

1 time when #2 had seen I was by #1 and said something I simply ripped out the other BB and said I didnt think it was right for me to hold up any 1 line to load both at the same time. She thanked me and loaded my 2nd BB.

Thats what I do now if Kate is on strike I load each BB with 3 GCs, then drive a few mins to the next Kate and rinse and repeat till they are all fed for that day.

If the store isnt busy then its alot harder to pull off getting both loaded since the cashiers are looking every which way and usually are close to one another. Theres 1 location w/o a kate but the right time of day I can get each BB loaded twice = 4 cashiers. Which as more and more kates are o/o/o and not in working condition is necessary.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:31 pm

Quick question:
So loading BB via Kate with GC will continue to work after VRs will permanently die on April 1st?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WoodenRobot
Quick question:
So loading BB via Kate with GC will continue to work after VRs will permanently die on April 1st?
Quick answer:
Yes
Probably a good idea to stock up while you can.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Silver
As someone else said, my walmarts are not friendly to cashier loads and I have had mixed results at the MC. I suspect that is why one's Kate has not worked now for 8 months. I hope my one that was reliable up until December comes back on line, but it may be done as well.
The one I just went to is in an area I'd prefer not to do cashier loads, I prefer the anonymity of the Kate.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by WoodenRobot
Quick question:
Although it has been announced that VR scratch offs will be phased out by 4/1, as to loading VGCs on prepaids, no one can give guarantees that far ahead that they will continue. For now, just enjoy them while they last.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:51 am

I like to save my counter visits for MO's since even if Kate is working, the MO feature is rarely enabled.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:08 pm

The Kate in my walmart has mysterious problem. On Monday, it worked fine. On Wednesday, after I input 4-digit pin number and pressed green "Enter" button, I heard a sound but no response. Then Kate got one step back and asked me to select funding option (Cash or Debit). It has this problem for more than 2 days.
And it's also strange for the password input step. Previous it should pump out a pin box in the middle of the keypad screen (not KATE screen) where my pin number was displayed (of course asterisk). Now the pin box was not popped out and the pin was displayed at the left bottom corner. Does anyone has this experience? And how to solve it? Thanks!

Last edited by bulletin2007; Feb 7, 2015 at 8:45 am
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
Originally Posted by bulletin2007
The Kate in my walmart has mysterious problem. On Monday, it worked fine. On Wednesday, after I input 4-digit pin number and pressed green "Enter" button, I heard a sound but no response. Then Kate got one step back and asked me select funding option (Cash or Debit). It has this problem for more than 2 days.
And it's also strange for the password input step. Previous it should pump out a pin box in the middle of the keypad screen (not KATE screen) where my pin number was displayed (of course asterisk). Now the pin box was not popped out and the pin was displayed at the left bottom corner. Does anyone has this experience? And how to solve it? Thanks!
A reboot from the CSM fixed it in the one time I encountered that problem.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:15 pm

Fyi. Kate at the rosemead, ca walmart is no longer there. Just an empty space next to the coins tar machine. This kate get a lot of action from noobs msers. When I am there I just observe them while I wait my turn. They do not know about the velocity or even be conspicuous about it. I see one girl there that has a notebook that she looks at. Each receipt that comes out she put it on top of kate. Then to the next load. Then another receipt on kate. Back to her notebook. She look very organized. after like 4 or 5 receipts on kate she leaves...Then come back. Take out her notebook and load. And the whole process start again.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Originally Posted by sosamo
Fyi. Kate at the rosemead, ca walmart is no longer there. Just an empty space next to the coins tar machine. This kate get a lot of action from noobs msers. When I am there I just observe them while I wait my turn. They do not know about the velocity or even be conspicuous about it. I see one girl there that has a notebook that she looks at. Each receipt that comes out she put it on top of kate. Then to the next load. Then another receipt on kate. Back to her notebook. She look very organized. after like 4 or 5 receipts on kate she leaves...Then come back. Take out her notebook and load. And the whole process start again.
The Rosemead one was one of my favorite ones to chat up other MSers since at the other Walmarts with functioning Kates there was usually no line. My post about the Kate with the random errors a couple of weeks ago was that one, which I had been noticing for about a month or so, therefore I bet someone complained.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by calwatch
The Rosemead one was one of my favorite ones to chat up other MSers since at the other Walmarts with functioning Kates there was usually no line. My post about the Kate with the random errors a couple of weeks ago was that one, which I had been noticing for about a month or so, therefore I bet someone complained.
yep she will be missed, the couple of times I stopped by she was always hungry. The only problem is its also 1 location where the MC has refused to give me MOs when using GCs, the others are in OC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.