Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
It should only ask for employees to come by if you hit $2000 in one session (10 minutes). That's why when I was loading GCs to BB, I'd do $1999.99 if I was doing $2000 in BB loads.
This is likely what happen, I learned about this recently as well.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Diamond
For the two kiosks I use I have had many issues using the BB button. IME the better alternative is to use the Walmart Moneycard button like you had to do in the first place. It seems to be much more reliable for processing the transactions.

Originally Posted by astudentinus
What I don't understand is why some people are unable to load BB at a ATM that has the BB button, while others have no problem (even if their ATM too has the BB button) : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21293920-post2182.html

What's going on here?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by vinyalwhl
Issues like these have been reported before in the kiosk thread.
astudentinus's anecdote has been appended to the thread helpfully referenced by vinyalwhl.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Any data points on making Kate process faster?

The c/s rep says it's a software problem, is serviced by corporate, & they don't deal with it at all. There *has* to be a way!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
Any data points on making Kate process faster?

The c/s rep says it's a software problem, is serviced by corporate, & they don't deal with it at all. There *has* to be a way!
Try to get them to restart it for you.

But in general, all the kiosks are slow. Maybe write a new program and sell it to WM? lol

Also, I have found that pressing the buttons 100 times, does NOT make her go faster.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:27 am

I suspect based on experience that the 3 Wally's by me deliberately turn off the machines on fri/sat/sun because their clientele have issues w/using the machines. They always put an out of order sign up, by Sunday night (late) they work fine...
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
I went to my neighborhood WM where the money kiosk was fixed and working today but behold.. the money order limit has been reduced to $50 ONLY..
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:00 pm

WOW! That is a huge bummer, I will check my blur robot in the next few days. The good news is that the birds are almost free again, so that will eat a lot of paper good options.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:41 pm

The kiosk I went to had an "out of order" sheet taped over it. I could see the normal screen behind it. I moved the sheet to the side and proceeded to feed birds just fine. Employee came by and said it was out of order because it needed more 20's. He let me finish then he loaded it up.

I must be lucky with the three kiosks in my area, this is the first time I ever saw one with an out of order sign and that was just for cash withdrawals. Also the sound is very low on the one I go to the most. I believe I have seen a note saying it is out of paper for money orders or something to that affect a couple of times, but from what I recall was able to feed my birds.

LOL, I didn't know what everyone was complaining about until I went to one that screamed out the responses. Glad that one is further away and I have never gone back!

LOL, it must be Karma. After writing this post I went to my WM and the kiosk was out of order with a note on the screen and this time I couldn't get anything to go on it. This is after pushing $50K through it over the last couple of months with no problem. Evidence of cosmic intelligent life snickering at me?

Last edited by FlyingBoat; Sep 4, 2013 at 9:42 am
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:16 pm

the kiosk at the WM I go to has indicated "money order's currently unavailable" for the past week or so, so I presume it was just out of MO stock, because other functions (loading BB) worked just fine.

Today, thankfully it was working again, and $499.30 worked just fine.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by azcoyote
the kiosk at the WM I go to has indicated "money order's currently unavailable" for the past week or so, so I presume it was just out of MO stock, because other functions (loading BB) worked just fine.

Today, thankfully it was working again, and $499.30 worked just fine.
Wow... I guess it's store to store policy then.. I will re-visit other WMs in my areas to verify the $50 MO limit policy...
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
I went to my neighborhood WM where the money kiosk was fixed and working today but behold.. the money order limit has been reduced to $50 ONLY..
That happened to mine as well. It was at the normal limit in a few days. Don't fret.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
All the Kiosks in Silicon Valley...

... seem to be broken.

I've been to a bunch of them. Mt View, Story Rd, Milpitas. All have signs taped over them saying they're out of order and have been for several weeks now.

Tried several others up to 90 miles away. Same story. Giant pain in the a. Also getting more pushback from employees doing reloads at the cash register, which after waiting in sometimes long lines (esp the Story Rd) is another giant pain in the rear.

Seriously. May have to go back to beans.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:24 am

Fanfoot, When was the last time you checked Story Rd. location? I usually use that one. If it's out I'm not going to bother and try to CA my GC.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
MC kiosk are my go-to Wally that's NEVER down has been broken for the last week. Another victim of the software 'upgrade' that's been pushed out.

Thankfully, the customer service employees are happy to load my BB. Only question I ever get is "how much would you like to load??" Pretty painless...hoping it stays that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.