Search

Seamless Gift Cards?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:29 pm
KPT
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Sapphire
Seamless Gift Cards?

Has anyone tried gift cards from Seamless?
Page is here: http://seamless.giftcards.com

Their fee structure is odd, considering that they shell out $5 coupon codes for each card you order -- you could in theory purchase a whole bunch of $20 gift cards (fee of $2.95), where you would effectively be paying $18 each.

That said, I would probably just stick to a $500 gift card to minimize having to change card information all the time.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:53 pm

No experience with them but there must be a catch.
Doubt you could do a lot of rinsing and repeating with the $5 coupon offer.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:32 am
formerly gohima

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
No experience with them but there must be a catch.
Doubt you could do a lot of rinsing and repeating with the $5 coupon offer.
Especially with having to email them the receipt every time!
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:29 am

I think I found the catch.

I have exchanged numerous emails with seamless and even purchased one of their gift cards to get a code. The code seems to not work with purchasing gift cards. When you purchase gift cards from seamless, you actually purchase from giftcards.com. Seamless.com is actually a website in which you can order your restaurant meals online. Unfortunately, not only would I not use this service, but there are no participating restaurants in my area.

Funny thing is, when I originally contacted seamless their email seems to say that I can use their $5 voucher for gift card purchases. I just sent a couple more emails. I will let you know if I am wrong with my assumptions.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:06 am

Stay away from Seamless. They aren't a gift card site. They link to giftcards.com just to try to get traffic to their business. The $5 vouchers are not good on future gift cards. I have highly encouraged them to reevaluate the way they advertise this promotion as it seems very, very misleading.

By the way, they seem to be a $100 million company, so I'm surprised they are making such amatuer mistakes.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by dontippet
By the way, they seem to be a $100 million company, so I'm surprised they are making such amatuer mistakes.

Who said it was a "mistake"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.