Search

OM $10 off $200 or more in MC or V GCs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pier11
I don't like amex's description of the transaction contain:
"PRE-PAID CREDIT"
So are these transactions going to earn points?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
"PRE-PAID CREDIT"
That does not look promising...yikes...
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
"PRE-PAID CREDIT"
Which card? where?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:59 pm

I tried to buy 5 today. As soon as I got to the counter, the manager ran over and said only 1 per customer. When I challenged her how they would keep track of me, she was speechless and then said I'm only going to allow one per customer because that's how I interept it. Left without buying any.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
Went to an office max close by work and found 6 $200 visa GC hidden behind some $25 mastercard gift cards... Pretty sneaky. Anyway, I also asked the manager to look inside the card display and he found another stack. Ended up purchasing 15 cards in separate transactions. The cashier was already very familiar with this promotion as he said to do the separate transactions before I even asked him.

Paid $2954.25 for $3,000 worth of gift cards and got 14,771 UR points from Ink Plus. Might go again tomorrow to get a few more. Time to load up the Target Amex and cash out.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Which card? where?
BRG and SPG at OM
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:23 pm

"PRE-PAID CREDIT"
My BRG also has the exact description.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Some people are lucky. Got only 2 x $100 cards yesterday before being shut down by a manager. Today got 4 of them in 2 transactions, cashier refused to sell more No $200 cards either.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
I got four $200 cards today. However, I used three different AMEX cards and a Citi card for the four separate transactions. I'm concerned that the AMEX charges won't wind up earning points or counting toward my annual spend targets based on the post above, but time will tell I guess. Before I bother to go buy more cards tomorrow, does anyone know if these will be points earning purchases on AMEX?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:07 pm

There is on-going discussion regarding AMEX may deny rewards to "cash equivalents"

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
I got four $200 cards today. However, I used three different AMEX cards and a Citi card for the four separate transactions. I'm concerned that the AMEX charges won't wind up earning points or counting toward my annual spend targets based on the post above, but time will tell I guess. Before I bother to go buy more cards tomorrow, does anyone know if these will be points earning purchases on AMEX?
BenH reported that *cash* reward is not given for VR purchase in CVS:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20872978-post23.html

but GC were OK.

Also it appears MP purchase in RA is not counted as eligible in my Blue Cash card, but not 100% sure until my June statement closes.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:12 pm

I can confirm that the $200 Visas are the last four for the pin. No need to set it ahead of time.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Picked up 2 $200 Visa GC's at local OM today, in 2 separate transactions. Manager needed to call in for authorization for "anything over $400", which seemed odd (first time I've had that). Manager refused to sell me more... will go back tomorrow and every day while promo is active.... free money rules...
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by fandu
They were all Visa. No need to setup pin. I used the last 4 of the CC. Yes all 10 went through the kiosk. It felt a bit weird standing there for 30 min doing the same thing over and over again.
I feel ya, I did the exact same thing and the volume of the machine was stuck on full blast so anyone within 150 feet of me could hear "200 dollar reload" like 5 times over. Felt kinda uncomfortable since the walmart was kinda in a poorer area.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:09 pm

Went to a second officemax today. They said they had to call to verify my card for any amount over $200. I said okay and then he took my card into an office and made a phone call. Very strange and I'm a little weary about the whole situation.

Edit: I was discussing the ad with the manager after I made my purchase. He said something about me being in another store. So apparently the managers are calling other stores in the area and describing me. I don't know if they think I am trying to commit fraud?

Would not reveal the motivation behind the other store calling him other than "it happens all the time".

Edit2: writing from the store, I asked him to call someone to clarify the policy for per transaction discounts. To my surprise he came back and allowed me to buy more. Way to go to that manager!

Last edited by tys90; Jun 11, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Anyone find or try $200 MCs not Visa's? Do they also load without having to set a pin like the Visas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.