Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: All of them ....
I'm in the Memphis area and I'm able to pay all my normal Citi Visa and Mastercard bills. However, I'm not able to pay my Fidelity AMEX on 2 different occasions at 2 different stores (using "B of A Consumer Loans" as per the Wiki).

Would really like to pick up those extra SkyPesos with my ST account:

2.25% on TCB (when available) for AGC
2% of Fidelity AMEX
1.5% SkyPesos (my valuation)
(1%) to liquidate AGC to BB (through WM Sunrise cards)

Net 4.75% per month ... sure beats the bank.

Maybe I'll switch to my Fidelity Visa (which requires $15K in annual spending for the 2% to kick in) and see if WM BP works.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:31 pm

YMMV. I can split tender at Kmart.
I haven't heard of that working for ANYONE ELSE, and I've been following K-Mart billpay discussions in several different places for years. Can you do it again and write down exactly what has to be done to accomplish that, please? Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Lobachevsky
I haven't heard of that working for ANYONE ELSE, and I've been following K-Mart billpay discussions in several different places for years. Can you do it again and write down exactly what has to be done to accomplish that, please? Thanks.
I dont typically do BP, so Ive only done it once (maybe twice?). I dont really have any future plans to do it again either. I have no idea how she did it, or even if she could do it again, let alone explain to me how she did it lol. I asked her if it could be done she goes "i dont know lets try something" pressed a bunch of things, scratched her head, pressed some more, typed in some codes, and voila. No idea what happened, she was a manager though, and can override things, maybe that helped? I really have no idea, I really only tried it because I was doing other kmart deals at the time, and now that that avenue is dead I probably will never step back into another kmart. ETA: If it wasnt a few months back, Id go find the receipt and see if I could deem any further knowledge, but an hour of my time isnt really worth it. Maybe she messed something up and it did something weird, I really dont know.

Last edited by hamokmonky; Dec 10, 2014 at 1:48 pm
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:28 pm

Kmart Visa bill pay still works

I am in Virginia. The local Walmart is toast, but KMart worked for me. I really do not want to go the MO route. Bill Pay is my favorite.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:23 pm

WM BillPay alive for credit card payments in ATL, depending on store

Originally Posted by hokiegl
I am in Virginia. The local Walmart is toast, but KMart worked for me. I really do not want to go the MO route. Bill Pay is my favorite.
As of 12/10/14 12P EST:

WM Express- no credit card payees active
WM NW suburbs- Visa, MC active as separate payees. BB Chase not active. Other CC payees undetermined
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both "Visa" and "MasterCard" worked fine for me at Walmart in the Philly area today.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 5:44 pm

Discover

Has anyone successfully paid a Discover at WM lately?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by bewareofduck
Has anyone successfully paid a Discover at WM lately?
I sent payment to Discover today from WM. It worked just fine.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:25 am

Discover still works, sent payment to them yesterday and it went through
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:09 pm

In my little corner of south florida Barclay's MC worked and FIA via BOA CL did not as of this morning.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by deltapointshound
(1%) to liquidate AGC to BB (through WM Sunrise cards)
I'm in Nashville; how do you do this in any volume? My WMNM only allows one $500 purchase per order at CS desk otherwise manager approval.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:50 am

Neither Visa nor Mastercard worked last night at my Dallas area Neighborhood Market. Tried Chase - Best Buy as well, but that was no longer an option either. There was an option for "Chase - Cardmember Service" but it failed to recognize my account number. Will try another store this weekend.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by aGeist
I'm in Nashville; how do you do this in any volume? My WMNM only allows one $500 purchase per order at CS desk otherwise manager approval.
I am at ATL and I can purchase 3 $500 at any WM counter. It is pretty easy to get 10 $500 in 15 minutes.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wuchien6401
I am at ATL and I can purchase 3 $500 at any WM counter. It is pretty easy to get 10 $500 in 15 minutes.
None at my county in South Florida where the POS is hard coded for debit or cash only except one or two neighborhood stores that seems the POS let some CC to go thru. Even before that it was one per transaction and could not have any other item in the same transaction.

It is highly localized.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:23 pm

YMMV. Works at my Walmarts (including the NM)... If not, there is always Kroger for an extra $1 and the phone call to register the PIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.