Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by Brugge
Got denied for WMBP yesterday. As soon as the Money Store woman saw my OV cards, she immediately said "you can't do BP with those". It being the first I'd heard of that, and having had recent success with other local WMs, I asked for a manager. She said it was a one store policy, started "sometime this year", because "there was some sort of problem with those cards". Sigh....

I'm off now to several WMs to BP all of the OVs my wife and I have gotten the last few days, since my second AA Elite MC is due this afternoon. As much as I want to get it charged up before the statement closes, I really, really don't want to end up holding $20K in OVs that I can't do BP with.
Suggestion: Don't let them see the OV's.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
Suggestion: Don't let them see the OV's.
I typically have my local CU debit card out ( one that everyone recognizes). This is helpful for CSRs that can become reactive. Then I switch to the OV for the transaction.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Should BP be done at Money Center or regular cash register?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by bar19900
Works the same, but the employees working the registers are less likely to have in depth knowledge of what can and can't be used for loading and will less likely give any hassle.
THIS.

along with what i said- often the money center is also customer service- the POS is mounted on the counter in plain view. add that visibility and the fact that, from 200+ newbs announcing/showing GIFT cards, when the amount is high, the moneycenter cashiers are looking for gift cards.

this is why i care- the more people screw up because they don't rtff, the more they are looking for gift cards.

you have to understand... this is WALMART. the amounts we load, the bill pays we do, the money orders we get- they are anomalies there. everyone around you is paying their utility bill before it gets shut off, sending $40 to a relative, loading $20 on BB, etc.

so when people are reckless trying to buy $3m in MO, doing 4 x $2495 in bill pay, and loading 5m on 5 BB $500/shot.... with GIFT cards- it hurt everyone after doing anything out of the ordinary. read: over $100.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by italdesign
Should BP be done at Money Center or regular cash register?
MC...

Really?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:56 pm

i have added a guide to using VGC's to the end of the bp thread wiki.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...y-walmart.html

so, going fwd, people can be directed to read the wiki.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:03 pm

in an attempt to answer redundant questions and *hopefully* help newer MSer's from making common mistakes, i have added a 'how to guide' for using VGC's for Walmart BP (applicable to MO's, BB also) to the thread wiki.

It's longer than i would have liked. but my observation on the threads is that more thorough explanations head off additional redundant questions.

hopefully people read it and find it useful...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Loading BB worked fine today.
Loaded two BB cards with 1k each.
All $200 Debit cards. 3x200 +2x200 on each BB
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:23 pm

The neighborhood Walmarts have worked great for me , no issues. Never ask to see my card etc. One money center employee at the Neighborhood store even told me "You don't have to do separate transactions with the prepaid cards, I can load them all at once for you".

The Supercenter walmart Moneycenter employees were a pain, asking to see the debit card, etc. Too bad the Kiosk at the Supercenter does not always work.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
in an attempt to answer redundant questions and *hopefully* help newer MSer's from making common mistakes, i have added a 'how to guide' for using VGC's for Walmart BP (applicable to MO's, BB also) to the thread wiki.

It's longer than i would have liked. but my observation on the threads is that more thorough explanations head off additional redundant questions.

From the wiki:

"Us: $1000's in MO, $2,495 BillPay, $1,000 BB loads to multiple cards- vs: past due utility bills to keep the lights on, $40 moneygram to their brother, $20 BB loads."

Thank you for giving all of us who are pretending to spend lots of money an ego boost.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:40 pm

Maybe that is why the kiosks in Vancouver Washington had sign saying they were down. I used a "debit" card to load $500 today with the clerk.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by msnut1
The neighborhood Walmarts have worked great for me , no issues. Never ask to see my card etc. One money center employee at the Neighborhood store even told me "You don't have to do separate transactions with the prepaid cards, I can load them all at once for you".

The Supercenter walmart Moneycenter employees were a pain, asking to see the debit card, etc. Too bad the Kiosk at the Supercenter does not always work.
of the 5 walmarts in my area ALL have a nonworking or no kiosk at all for MO. Will have to check if BB is working again....ah I miss my vrs already lol
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are the BP functions available at Neighborhood Stores? Anybody knows?

The neighborhood stores sell MOs, load BB cards. The neighborhood stores lines usually are short or nonexistent and the staff much more friendly.

The only drawback is, it seems their MoneyGram connection seems to be down often. Yesterday 2 neighborhood stores 12 miles apart on the opposite direction of the South - North on the same road, both had their MoneyGram connection down. Yet the Supercenter WM a couple miles away but on a lateral direction, the machines were working.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical

Thank you for the info. I haven't stepped foot in Walmart since the fee free Chase giftcards expired. Now that VR is dead I might have to. The closest one to me is 25 minute drive and it is a small one. No kiosks or money center. Just the customer service desk. Which giftcard, I mean debit card is the best to get? The One Vanilla? Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Please....BB is up and working now. You CAN load.
Don't post that it is not working unless it after this time and system wide....not just at the register you had a problem with.

It would be great if a Mod could close this thread now as it is no longer valid.
If another problem arises, we can start another thread to discuss that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.