Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Walmart billpay. But as a CVS "refugee," I now need to explore other options to unload debit cards.

So for the first time, I waltzed into Walmart today, went to the service counter, and asked to pay my Citi Thank You Mastercard. The clerk dutifully typed in "Citi" and "Citibank" and didn't get a match. I'm pretty sure she was using the CheckPay system. Since we didn't have a match, I didn't use BillPay (I decided to just load $1000 onto my Bluebird -- first time I ever did that other than on my computer!).

Re-reading this thread, I'm guessing that what I needed to tell the clerk to search for is "MasterCard." That would work, right? And they'd charge me something like $1.88? BTW, how do I pay that fee? Can I swipe another card, and if I'm already using 4 cards to pay the bill (I understand this is the limit), would that then be a problem?

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Walmart billpay. But as a CVS "refugee," I now need to explore other options to unload debit cards.

So for the first time, I waltzed into Walmart today, went to the service counter, and asked to pay my Citi Thank You Mastercard. The clerk dutifully typed in "Citi" and "Citibank" and didn't get a match. I'm pretty sure she was using the CheckPay system. Since we didn't have a match, I didn't use BillPay (I decided to just load $1000 onto my Bluebird -- first time I ever did that other than on my computer!).

Re-reading this thread, I'm guessing that what I needed to tell the clerk to search for is "MasterCard." That would work, right? And they'd charge me something like $1.88? BTW, how do I pay that fee? Can I swipe another card, and if I'm already using 4 cards to pay the bill (I understand this is the limit), would that then be a problem?

Thanks for the help!
Either pay $1.88 cash, or do the bill pay for $1988.12 so that it comes out to $2000 even.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:09 pm

Thanks for the help!

Yes mastercard. If your swiping 4 cards at say $500 each. You would have to either
A) make the payment for $1998.12 to allow for the $1.88 fee
B) make the payment for $2000 and pay the fee in cash

4 cards max.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by workindev
Either pay $1.88 cash, or do the bill pay for $1988.12 so that it comes out to $2000 even.
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Yes mastercard. If your swiping 4 cards at say $500 each. You would have to either
A) make the payment for $1998.12 to allow for the $1.88 fee
B) make the payment for $2000 and pay the fee in cash

4 cards max.
Thanks. Other than not knowing how to do a billpay to a major credit card (could I have been the first person to ever want to pay a MasterCard bill at my local Walmart?) the staff seemed competent enough to do this for me. I know some people are uncomfortable "trusting" the employees to process these payments, and prefer to simply get money orders. But it seems easier for me to bill pay, and I don't really want to be depositing more "cash" at my banks. Have there been any reports of money not making it to the credit card accounts?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:43 pm

Have there been any reports of money not making it to the credit card accounts?
I''ve done dozens with no problems and haven't read about one. Once you get the cashiers trained it is much easier. I write my phone # and payment amount on the payment slip with account number so they have all the info and they know my 4x$500 debit routine.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:30 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:03 am
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:35 pm

Deleted.

Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MsArbi
I have experienced delays in BP posting times by as much as 2-3 days. This occurs if your BP reference number on your receipt ends in :0:0.
OK, obvious question: why do some BP reference numbers end in :0:0 ?

BTW, I ended the first paragraph of the wiki to make the payee designation clearer for first time billpay customers. I read the old version before heading to WM, and I did it wrong (asking for my bank and not simply "mastercard" -- I guess I was thinking of the Bluebird system).
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:52 pm

Deleted.

Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except your edit isn't correct for AX network cards. For those you have to pay the bank.
Thanks for that additional clarification. Is there actually an "American Express Network" then on WM Billpay? Should that whole reference be eliminated, and the wiki just note that you can't pay AMEX cards through Billpay, except for the AMEX cards that are issued by the banks?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:48 am

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:02 am
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:38 am

It used to be possible to pay AX through the network, but not since 2/1/14. Without some explanation in the Wiki, somebody new to WM BP will ask whether AX cards can be paid. I'll see if that can be reworded to be even clearer.
I posted on the previous page that MoneyGram has 3 "Amex" bill pay options. I don't know if these will work or how much they cost, but I am going to give it a try. The wiki seems to only be talking about CheckFreePay options.

https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal.../home/paybills

Amex Gold 2-3 day
Amex Platinum 2-3 day
Amex Standard 2-3 day
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:39 am

I don't know if these will work or how much they cost, but I am going to give it a try.
Godspeed workindev ^
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
I posted on the previous page that MoneyGram has 3 "Amex" bill pay options. I don't know if these will work or how much they cost, but I am going to give it a try. The wiki seems to only be talking about CheckFreePay options.

https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal.../home/paybills

Amex Gold 2-3 day
Amex Platinum 2-3 day
Amex Standard 2-3 day
Question is which MG locations will accept debit as payment.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Not even the supervisor

Went to WM. supervisor taking care of me in Money Center, cant find citi aadvantage under "Mastercard", or under Citi, tried everything she could think of, very explicitly told her where to look according to Wiki, any help welcome for round 2, different store later today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.