Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by jjangoo
Can anyone shed light on whether I can make payments to the authorized user's card? Should I still use the main account holder's phone number when asked? I'm trying to make payments to a barclay's card but I'm only the AU.
Answer
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:41 pm

I have Chase Ink bold business card issued by visa. In the wiki, it says "Mastercard" for making payments to Chase Ink bold. Can someone please clarify if we need to say "Visa" or "Mastercard" for making payments to Chase Ink Bold?

Thanks
ramamosn
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by ramamosn
I have Chase Ink bold business card issued by visa. In the wiki, it says "Mastercard" for making payments to Chase Ink bold. Can someone please clarify if we need to say "Visa" or "Mastercard" for making payments to Chase Ink Bold?

Thanks
ramamosn
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:09 am

Thanks
ramamosn
I think, if you say your card is Visa, they will do for Mastercard may not accept this.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: ALL :)
If you have a visa card why would you pay a Mastercard?

Thanks
ramamosn
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:07 am

At my wally mart, I dont need to say "visa" or "mastercard".
I just showed up, gave the lady my (or my wife's) credit card and tell her how much i want to pay.
She punched all the info, asked for my phone number and when the time to pay, I told her that I want to do $500 x 4...

thats all.

So far, Paid Chase Sapphire, United, Freedom, discover and Amex Cards - business and personal (stopped after feb 2014 though).
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: AOPA
US Bank Club Carlson

US bank club Carlson worked fine too.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
What, no mention of the end of MS?

As the blogs are all atwitter, I was expecting to see some chatter here about the end of using ccs at CVS to buy Vanilla Beans, but so far, nothing....
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
As the blogs are all atwitter, I was expecting to see some chatter here about the end of using ccs at CVS to buy Vanilla Beans, but so far, nothing....
How about the last ~30+ pages of
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...hread-438.html
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
VRs have nothing to do with Walmart BillPay...
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by mster
VRs have nothing to do with Walmart BillPay...

Nope, and with VR dead, BP will become even more popular. I used get a lot of MOs at Walmart, but BP has totally taken over for me as the preferred method of GC liquidation. Cashiers definitely get suspicious when you by MOs, but seem to care less what kind of card you are using for a BP. Paying to a Credit Card instead of buying a cash equivalent is WAYY less sketchy. Plus, its completely cost effective and removes one step from the cycle.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Looks like some WMs dont know how to do this. Tried to pay DWs SW Visa today. Spent almost 10 minutes entering various info. Did not work. Then I asked them to look for 'Best Buy Chase' It showed up, again enter all info which I had to write down for them so to avoid rework, my address, phone, SSN, DL etc.. another 10 minutes... then they started asking for DW's SSN.. so I stopped them and said to cancel everything and walked off.. I think may be WMs with money center may be more experienced? Is this normal for them to ask all that info for every BP every time? From what I saw on this thread some folks have said, 1) Swipe CC 2) Give phone number 3) Swipe DC(s) and done. No??

Last edited by FT-hss; Mar 30, 2014 at 8:56 pm Reason: tyops
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Looks like some WMs dont know how to do this. Tried to pay DWs SW Visa today. Spent almost 10 minutes entering various info. Did not work. Then I asked them to look for 'Best Buy Chase' It showed up, again enter all info which I had to write down for them so to avoid rework, my address, phone, SSN, DL etc.. another 10 minutes... then they started asking for DW's SSN.. so I stopped them and said to cancel everything and walked off.. I think may be WMs with money center may be more experienced? Is this normal for them to ask all that info for every BP every time? From what I saw on this thread some folks have said, 1) Swipe CC 2) Give phone number 3) Swipe DC(s) and done. No??
I have never had them ask for SSN, though they may be required to ask for it if you are paying over $3k at a time. I usually do 4x$500 or 3x$500+ a larger payment with a JHP. Keep in mind you can also pay a Visa card through the visa network, though it is $1.88.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Just pay to "Visa" and if you go over a certain amount then they do ask all kinds of questions...I always do just under $2k and nothing more than a phone # has ever been asked for
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:57 pm

Is this normal for them to ask all that info for every BP every time?
yeah, when it is a large amount

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.