Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
For me, <$2000 took only address and phone. >$2000 took occupation and SSN.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:00 pm

Sorry if I missed it but I couldn't find the answer to my question.

What payee do I use to pay my Citi Forward Visa? My local Walmarts don't have "Visa" anymore. I couldn't find "Citicards", "Citi credit cards", or anything similar.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by alpinewhite
Sorry if I missed it but I couldn't find the answer to my question.

What payee do I use to pay my Citi Forward Visa? My local Walmarts don't have "Visa" anymore. I couldn't find "Citicards", "Citi credit cards", or anything similar.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think you have any other choices. Maybe try Kmart? Or maybe pay with Bux cards?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:58 am

Still no verdict on whether FIA / Fidelity card is dead?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:14 pm

Confirmed FIA/Fidelity AMEX is dead in AZ. BOA Consumer Loans 1/3 day brings up an invalid account number message.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by us1549
Confirmed FIA/Fidelity AMEX is dead in AZ.
Hi

I was able to sign up for 2% FIA for me and my spouse in NY just this morning thinking they might be shutting this card down and hoping that I get grandfathered in.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Hi

I was able to sign up for 2% FIA for me and my spouse in NY just this morning thinking they might be shutting this card down and hoping that I get grandfathered in.
from reading other posts, seems like it is NOT the 2% FIA CC that is about to get D/C but the ability to B/P this card at WM is the one that is getting shutdown at most WMs nationwide.

my analysis may be wrong but there's no feelers that 2% FIA is going to be shutdown any time soon. from research, this card is still very useful for MS purposes.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Hi

where did you get this idea?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by us1549
Confirmed FIA/Fidelity AMEX is dead in AZ. BOA Consumer Loans 1/3 day brings up an invalid account number message.
I got this message as well trying last Friday. Tried account number and putting in the billing zip code, none worked.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:31 am

Has anyone had issues with the new software package that remembers your customer information and credit card data? I was planning on ramping up my use of the BP now that I can split payment but was concerned that they can now track how frequently you pay a bill since that have the customer information in their computer.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:47 am

Billpay at Walmart

Did a bill pay today for $2400 to us bank visa (Tucson AZ). Just paid "VISA" with no problems but CS person had to input SSN and all my drivers license info. Never had to supply this much info before. Anybody having to put more info in now? Will try $1500 next time to see if that's okay.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by prestonv
Did a bill pay today for $2400 to us bank visa (Tucson AZ). Just paid "VISA" with no problems but CS person had to input SSN and all my drivers license info. Never had to supply this much info before. Anybody having to put more info in now? Will try $1500 next time to see if that's okay.
Ugh...yeah because you tried to BP > $2K which is why they are asking for all that info. Did you just not read the few previous posts where they are asking for more info now?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
from reading other posts, seems like it is NOT the 2% FIA CC that is about to get D/C but the ability to B/P this card at WM is the one that is getting shutdown at most WMs nationwide.

my analysis may be wrong but there's no feelers that 2% FIA is going to be shutdown any time soon. from research, this card is still very useful for MS purposes.
+1....people need to be more clear when it comes to their posts in that the BP to FIA might be going away but not the actual 2% Fido card. This way it avoids any sort of confusion.

Originally Posted by yukon50
where did you get this idea?
Ignore the OP doesn't have his facts straight. FIA is not going anywhere.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:22 pm

Oops. I'll keep it under $2k next time.

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by prestonv
I'm in AZ and my $1998.50 BPs always require that information. Someone said a few pages ago it's required for all BPs in AZ.

Did you do split tender?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.