Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
You could look at how much you paid for processing.
Well, I know how much I paid for processing: $1.50. But I don't know how to tell what I got. I assume she just hit the wrong button and I got 1-day processing, but I don't know a way to tell.

Given the general incompetence of Walmart employees, it never "feels good" doing these bill pays, because you're always afraid they'll screw up. I don't mind the minor screw-ups (like what's 50 cents?), but I sure don't want my money "getting lost."
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:39 pm

4 out of 5 times, the Billpay goes through as it should. 1 out of 5 times, the cashier makes an error and this happened today.

I ask to make a $1,998.12 Billpay, I swipe the card, enter the pin, the casheir enters $500 and I get the dreaded message "Debit not available".

I heard the cashier say she was pressing the "Debit card" button, than entering "$500".
We tried again, same problem, "Debit not available". I called and verified that the card was activated and funds were available.

So I go to another Walmart with the same cards and this cashier does it right and my Billpay goes through.

Anyone else encounter this?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iahphx
Well, I know how much I paid for processing: $1.50. But I don't know how to tell what I got. I assume she just hit the wrong button and I got 1-day processing, but I don't know a way to tell.

Given the general incompetence of Walmart employees, it never "feels good" doing these bill pays, because you're always afraid they'll screw up. I don't mind the minor screw-ups (like what's 50 cents?), but I sure don't want my money "getting lost."
From the Wiki....

Best Buy - Chase - Use for Chase issued Visa network cards
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rtraveler
4 out of 5 times, the Billpay goes through as it should. 1 out of 5 times, the cashier makes an error and this happened today.

I ask to make a $1,998.12 Billpay, I swipe the card, enter the pin, the casheir enters $500 and I get the dreaded message "Debit not available".

I heard the cashier say she was pressing the "Debit card" button, than entering "$500".
We tried again, same problem, "Debit not available". I called and verified that the card was activated and funds were available.

So I go to another Walmart with the same cards and this cashier does it right and my Billpay goes through.

Anyone else encounter this?
Yes, but I don't just assume they made an error. There's a number of factors at play her, not the least of which is WM's flaky system.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iahphx
Doing a bill pay to my Chase card today, I was charged $1.50 using "Best Buy Chase" even though I specified 3-day delivery, and she repeated that response back to me. I'm guessing the cashier just made a mistake and gave me 1-day delivery. She struggled a bit to do the transaction (which isn't at all unusual at my Walmart). Is there any way to check what I have from the receipt? It does say "Best Buy -- Chase" so I'm pretty sure the money will get there -- sometime.
The same thing happened to me this morning paying the same card. Experienced employee punched in and confirmed 3 day, but the charge was $1.50.

Either a system glitch, or they have raised the fees.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:27 am

While there is a limit of $8k that you can do on a single billpay, is there a limit to the total billpay amount per day? In other words, can you do two or more $7,998.12 billpays at the same visit or at different visits?

Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
While there is a limit of $8k that you can do on a single billpay, is there a limit to the total billpay amount per day? In other words, can you do two or more $7,998.12 billpays at the same visit or at different visits?

Thanks.
$8K?

Due to the fact that they do a whole paperwork number when you pay over $2500, and that you can only do 4 swipes, and that most of us are using GCs that max out at $500, I haven't heard of anyone doing a BP anywhere near $8K. How exactly do you do that?

Assuming you're not paying with cash.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Brugge
$8K?

Due to the fact that they do a whole paperwork number when you pay over $2500, and that you can only do 4 swipes, and that most of us are using GCs that max out at $500, I haven't heard of anyone doing a BP anywhere near $8K. How exactly do you do that?

ST debit card
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:06 am

For BP my chase freedom visa, can I go with Best Buy - Chase route for $1/3days as in the wiki?

Last edited by prasha11; Nov 11, 2014 at 9:14 am
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
For BP my chase freedom visa, can I go with Best Buy route for $1/3days?
That would be good info for a wiki, huh?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:13 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by Brugge
$8K?

there are a few prepaid products available, either reloadable upto $10k or tied to a 'bank' account from where you can debit bigger payments (think PPBDC etc)... though I've never tried doing BPs that large.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:00 am

Can't find Bank of America Consumer Loans?

Trying to do a WM bill pay for the first time--
I wanted to pay my FIA card, so I said I wanted to pay BOA consumer loans -- but the WM associate said she couldn't find Bank of America on the terminal.

???
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
The same thing happened to me this morning paying the same card. Experienced employee punched in and confirmed 3 day, but the charge was $1.50.

Either a system glitch, or they have raised the fees.
It says on your receipt how long it takes to process and thus which option was selected. It says something like "Please wait [1 or 3] day(s) for processing".

But if you got charged $1.50, they probably did next day. I don't think the employee can choose the amount of the fee. It's just based on the option they select, either one day or three day.

I'll add that I paid my Chase Sapphire Preferred yesterday (11/10) using "Best Buy - Chase" and it was $1 for the 3-day service.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by nopoints
Trying to do a WM bill pay for the first time--
I wanted to pay my FIA card, so I said I wanted to pay BOA consumer loans -- but the WM associate said she couldn't find Bank of America on the terminal.

???
there's a wiki for that

(that was wiki)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by AveApostle
there's a wiki for that

(that was wiki)
Yes, I followed the wiki; she wasn't able to locate BOA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.