Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
I have used BP but not MCs. With VGC there is no workaround needed with CheckFreePay. It's swipe, PIN, done. But if I could get them to split tender, that would be jolly.
Does anyone know the exact key input to be able to split payments?

It seems only one cashier at my local WM knows how to do it while the rest fumble around until I have to give up and wait for the "smart" one. I'd love to know exactly what to tell the ignoramuses.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Paying Fidelity Amex at WM

I have a Suntrust debit card. I run a bill on my Fidelity Amex of $6-$9K per month. I would like to pay this at Walmart Bill Pay using my Suntrust card, however I have been unable to. I can gain the miles by buying money orders, but this is more expensive ($0.70/$1000), and time-consuming (extra trips to banks and moving money from one account to another).

I've explored this from time to time but never been able to resolve it. Is anyone aware of how to pay this bill?

Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
I can gain the miles by buying money orders, but this is more expensive ($0.70/$1000)
How is it more expensive ?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:44 am

You could load $1,000 to Serve per month via your Suntrust debit fee free, then billpay fidelity. Won't cover your total bill but definitely something I would explore.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:49 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Use Walmart Checkfree Bill Pay

At the Money center ask the clerk for a checkfree bill pay. YOU are going to pay "Bank of America Consumer Loans" (I know, I know but that is how it is listed) $1.50 for next day and max of $1998.49 once per day in my WM.

Works like a charm with my ST debit card
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:50 am

Fidelity Amex can be paid through billpay at wallmart

by doing checkfreepay

Bank of America
Consumer Loans
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:12 am

I went in for billpay this morning for a visa and told cashier for a split payment and a charge of $500 on first card.

The cashier said she is getting a message tender not allowed... This was even before I swipe my card. She was very surprised. She called someone else and the same thing... Said register is not letting her do it and maybe walmart changed the billpay system.

Anyone else have this experience from this am? Or was it just a temporary glitch?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by amitgu
I went in for billpay this morning for a visa and told cashier for a split payment and a charge of $500 on first card.

The cashier said she is getting a message tender not allowed... This was even before I swipe my card. She was very surprised. She called someone else and the same thing... Said register is not letting her do it and maybe walmart changed the billpay system.

Anyone else have this experience from this am? Or was it just a temporary glitch?
Possibly a glitch, but I ran into it last night. No split on MO, no split on bill pay. This was from a CS clerk who is cranky but knows what she is doing.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Worked perfectly 20 min ago
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:08 pm

after system change you have to swipe first, then they input split.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:13 am
ebp

Originally Posted by caljr
after system change you have to swipe first, then they input split.
I ran into the same problem today. Can you be a little more specific on the needed steps? Are you saying that I swipe the first debit card before she enters 'split' payment?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:40 am

I had problems at WM today. Error message was that debit amount exceeds limit. I was able to buy MOs and split tender, but could not pay bill with debit card. Tried anywhere from about $6000 to $500. Hope this is a temporary issue.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:50 am
ebp

From my discussion with the CSR, it says tender not allowed (split debits), but we swipe the first debit card first, and then they enter that it is split. Counter intuitive, I know.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by ericphilbin
I ran into the same problem today. Can you be a little more specific on the needed steps? Are you saying that I swipe the first debit card before she enters 'split' payment?
i dont know the entire sequence, but basically

1) csr puts in all your info, bp gets authorized, then the full amount pops up on the swipe device, time for payment.

they should not hit split payment, or whatever, on their side at this time. if they do, and it beeps, that is the sign you have to swipe first.

2) you swipe your 1st card, say no cash back, enter your pin, screen says authorizing

3) csr hits split payment or whatever the key is on their side and enters amount of your 1st card

4) that gets authorized and the total goes down.

repeat til the last card then i think they hit a key that says "rest or balance" or whatever, for your last card.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: None
My friendly wal-mart store told me that Moneygram has called them and asked not to allow more than 1 card per transaction.

I would call it BS but these employees and supervisor have been friendly and never cared. Every MC employee was told about it and the supervisor was sorry that it changed. I don't think it was a system issue, just a policy enforcement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.